Benefits of Udyam Registration
The enterprise in this registration process is referred to as Udyam and can avail of the following benefits:
- This registration is permanent and acts as a basic identification number for enterprise
- The entire registration process is paperless and is done on the basis of self-declaration
- No renewal of registration is required
- Any number of activities carried out by an enterprise including services and/or manufacturing can be specified in one registration
- Registered enterprises become eligible for priority sector lending from banks
- Avail benefits of MSME schemes such as Public Procurement Policy, Credit Guarantee Scheme, International Cooperation (IC) Scheme, National SC-ST Hub Scheme and other schemes of the Ministry of MSMEs.
- Enterprises having Udyam registration can also register themselves on Government e-Marketplace (GeM) and SAMADHAAN portal
- Enterprises having MSME registration can also on-board on Trade Receivables Discounting System (TReDS) platform — Invoice mart (invoicemart.com), M1Xchange (www.m1xchange.com) and RXIL (www.rxil.in)
- MSME registration can also help enterprises to avail the various schemes managed by the Union Ministry of MSMEs like Public Procurement Policy, Credit Guarantee Scheme, International Cooperation (IC) Scheme, National SC-ST Hub Scheme, etc
- Registered MSMEs can also avail an additional edge in government tenders and additional protection against delayed payments.
Online Registration for MSME – Udyam Registration
Ministry of MSME launched Udyam Registration Portal (https://udyamregistration.gov.in) on 1 July 2020 aiming to reduce cost, transaction time and promote EoDB.
For New enterprises
The new enterprises or enterprises having Entrepreneurs Memorandum Part – II (EM – II) can register as MSME on Udyam Registration portal.
If the new enterprise has no ITR available, the promoter shall declare investment based on self-declaration. This relaxation will end after March 31 of the financial year in which the enterprise files its first ITR.
For Existing Enterprises
Existing enterprises having Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) registration or having registration through assisted filing are required to re-register on the Udyam registration portal.
Documents for MSME Registration
No documents/papers/certificates/proofs are required to be uploaded for registration. PAN and GST-linked details on turnover and investment of enterprises will be fetched automatically from government databases.
Only an Aadhaar number of the following is required while filing Udyam Registration:
- Proprietor in the case of a proprietorship firm,
- Managing partner in the case of a partnership firm and
- Karta in the case of a Hindu Undivided Family (HUF)
In the case of a Company/LLP/ Society/Cooperative Society/Trust, the authorised signatory or organisation is required to submit its PAN and GST Identification Number (GSTIN) along with its Aadhaar number.
Post MSME (Udyam) Registration
- On registration, an enterprise will be referred to as “Udyam” in the registration portal
- A permanent registration number will be given to the concerned enterprise – “Udyam Registration Number”
- An e-certificate will be issued online – “Udyam Registration Certificate”
- This certificate will have a dynamic QR Code from which the web page on Udyam Portal and details about the enterprise can be accessed.