Start-up Business Loan without collateral means the start-up owner shall not have to submit any collateral or security with the bank to take a loan. Most of the unsecured business loans offered by financial institutions are termed as Collateral Free loans. Collateral comes in various forms and types, such as residential and commercial properties, equipment, machinery, raw materials, goods, inventory, gold, vehicles, etc.
Collateral, whether to be provided or not is the biggest concern of a start-up entrepreneur. As there are many other things at stake of the business owners like their savings, machinery, raw material, funding and much more. Collateral free loan makes the entrepreneur to do business at ease without worrying about providing any security or collateral at stake. The Government of India has taken initiatives to provide finances and promote these Small Scale Industries (SSIs) and Business Start-ups. Therefore, they have introduced various loan schemes for start-ups where there is no need of providing any collateral or security.
Apply for Business Loan @ 11.90% onwards per annum Apply Now
Government Initiated Loan Schemes for Startups
Some of the key Government loan schemes initiated in the near recent years include the following:
1. MUDRA Loan under PMMY
“Fund the Unfunded” is the main motto of MUDRA loan. Providing adequate funds to the micro units and the non-corporate small business is the main purpose of the Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency (MUDRA). Bank facilitates loans under the MUDRA scheme as per the customer’s requirements. Under this scheme the loans which are provided are collateral free loans.
People can avail loans under MUDRA scheme classified in three categories, such as Shishu, Kishor and Tarun:
- Shishu Loan: The government provides loans up to Rs. 50,000 in this loan scheme. This scheme is basically for the business start-ups
- Kishor and Tarun schemes are designed based on the stage of the business and funding needs of the beneficiary. Under Kishor scheme, loans are offered from the amount of Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 5 lakh and up to Rs. 10 lakh of loan amount under Tarun scheme
2. Stand-Up India Scheme
Stand-Up India is a Government scheme which aims to financially empower SC/ST and women entrepreneurs of the country. Under this scheme the banks facilitates loans between Rs. 10 lakh – Rs. 1 crore, to at least one women, SC/ST borrower for setting up enterprise either in manufacturing or service or trading sectors. The loan tenure is up to 7 years. This scheme aims at promoting women entrepreneur among scheduled caste and scheduled tribes.
3. Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSE)
The Government of India launched the Credit Guarantee Fund Scheme for Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs). Both new and existing enterprises are covered under this scheme. The amount of loan given to any person depends on the eligibility and viability of their business. The maximum limit of the loan given under this scheme is Rs. 1 crore per borrowing unit and without collateral. Also this scheme gives collateral free loans. The banks which are eligible to avail this scheme are all scheduled commercial banks, public and private sector banks, foreign banks, selected Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) under category of National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
4. Market Development Assistance Scheme for MSMEs
This scheme helps in gaining exposure for Micro, Small and Medium enterprises in international exhibitions, study tour abroad and trade fairs under the MSME India kiosk. The aim is to display the potential of MSMEs and also strengthening them. This scheme provides funding for various purposes as mentioned below:
- Participation by manufacturing SMEs in exhibitions and international trade fairs
- Contesting or initiating anti-dumping cases by MSME associations
- Reimbursement of 75% of one time registration fee and 75% of annual fees paid to GSI by SMEs for first three years of bar code
5. Bank Credit Facilitation Scheme
This scheme was initiated by National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC), to fund MSMEs registered in India. Under this scheme the tenure depends up on the income generated. It varies from 5-7 years and goes up to 11 years in exceptional cases.
Get Business Loan for Startups at Lowest Interest Rates Apply Now
6. Coir Udyami Yojana
This scheme is headed by Coir board and aims to set up coir units across India. Under this scheme, they funds the project cost up to 10 lakh and one cycle of working capital. The total fund should not exceed 25% of the project cost. The capital expenditure is financed through a term loan or working capital in cash credit .The repayment is to be made within 7 years.
Eligibility Criteria for Startup Loans without Collateral
- Applicant’s Age: Min. 18 years and Max. 65 years
- Business Vintage: Should not be older than 5 years
- Innovative products must be provided by firm
- The firm should get approval from the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- The firm must get a patron guarantee from the Indian patent and trademark office
- Indian citizen with no criminal record
- Applicant with no previous defaults with any financial institution
Documents required for Loan Application
- Duly filled application form
- Passport-sized photographs
- Business Plan
- PAN card , Aadhar card, Driving License
- KYC Documents of applicant, partners and directors, if applicable
- Business registration certificate
- Details of authorised representatives
- Details of partners
- Document by self-attestation
- Any other documents required by financial institutions or lenders
Best SME/MSME Loan offers are just a click away Apply Now
How to Apply for Collateral-free Business Loans for Startups?
To apply for collateral free business loans, applicants can search for unsecured business loans offered by various lenders by visiting paisabazaar.com to check and compare from all the loan deal options. Unsecured business loans are the only type wherein collateral is not required. However, the rest of the types of business loans do require collateral.
Also Read: How to get collateral free loans for MSME?
Q. What are Collateral Free Loans?
Ans. Collateral-free loans can be termed as unsecured business loans wherein borrowers are not required to submit any security or collateral with the bank or any financial institution to avail business loan.
Q. What is the age limit for get collateral-free loans?
Ans. Any person who is of 18-65 years is eligible to apply for a loan.
Q. How much Collateral is needed for a Small Business Loan?
Ans. Generally, small business loans are of lesser amount and do not require collateral. However, the amount of type of collateral depends on the business requirements and respective lender. Collateral also depends on the size and value of the loan.
Q. What types of collateral does the Bank accept?
Ans. Collateral can be of various types like commercial or residential properties, machinery/equipment, raw materials, stocks, inventory, two-wheeler, car, gold, etc. can be deposited as collateral or security with the lender.
Q. I’m going to start my own business. Is there any government scheme for start-up business loan?
Ans. Yes, there are government schemes for Start-Up businesses, such as MUDRA scheme, Stand-Up India Scheme, Credit Guarantee Scheme (CGS), Coir Udyami Yojana, Market Development Assistance Scheme for MSMEs, Bank Credit facilitation scheme, NABARD scheme, etc.