The growing rate of urbanisation and liberalisation has created immense opportunity and potential for women, especially housewives to establish their own start-ups, and home-based and low-budget businesses. As per the recent market survey and research, there are two industries which are highly popular among housewives and single women are food and fashion industry.
The food industry has gained further push after the emergence of online delivery platforms, such as Swiggy, Zomato and Uber eats. The launch of e-commerce platforms, such as Amazon, Alibaba, E-bay, Flipkart, Walmart, etc has attracted home-based women to initiate their low budget fashion accessories and clothes businesses, running directly from their home or location.
Further discussed are popular and feasible home-based and low-budget business ideas suitable for housewives and single women:
1. Home-Cooked Meals
- The first and one of the most popular home-based ideas which has initially low budget offering is the home and office delivery of home cooked food varieties by the housewives and single women.
- The housewives can collaborate with the help of some maids and workers to establish the food delivery business with the help of online food delivery platforms such as Zomato, Swiggy and Ubereats.
- The idea is not new and has been successfully implemented in various cities with the help of the local public and the food delivery giants.
- The idea has immense potential for creating a substantial amount of income for housewives to make them independent.
2. Planning and Strategies for setting up the food business
- Many of the women, upon surveying mentioned that with the help of food delivery start-ups and business loan taken from the banks and NBFCs they are able to sell enough food to fund their kid’s education and manage the household expenses.
- The particular business idea has acted as a boon for the single women who are responsible to run their homes along with fulfilling all the responsibilities of the children.
- The basic idea is to setup kitchen space and create menu, as per the customer’s likings and preferences.
- The next step is to collaborate with the digital online delivery platforms and the marketing partners for making all the selling arrangements.
- After an initial start, the business will gradually expand and is expected that soon will reach the breakeven point due to lesser expenses and overheads.
- Office employees prefer to eat healthy home-cooked meal, thus the idea is a big hit among the urban housewives and women.
3. Fashion and Clothing Business for Housewives
- The second and one of the most popular and revenue generating idea is the home-based and low budget cloth manufacturing and retailing businesses by the housewives and single women who have good knowledge of latest clothing and trending fashion.
- E-commerce companies like Amazon and Flipkart have created wonders by empowering all the women who want to sell their clothing products along with the fashion accessories online.
- The potential for revenue generation is huge and the initial offering and investment is very nominal compared to other businesses.
- The initial step is to collaborate with some interested women and designers to create some fabulous and unique designer fashion clothing and accessories.
- The next step would be to take the help of digital experts for extensive social media and digital marketing for gaining popularity of products among the local and international buyers.
- Once the products start getting a fair amount of responses the team of home-based housewives need to immediately contact the e-commerce online retailers to pitch the products and initiate the process of mass manufacturing on contract basis.
4. Market Research and Analysis
- The best thing about the low budget and home-based clothing and fashion business is that the Government and the financial institutions have created a lot of beneficiary schemes especially for the home-based women to run their small businesses and start-ups along with easy payback facilities and flexible EMI’s along with the minimum amount of interest rates.
- Many of the market researches prove that the home-based clothing business is a big hit with a substantial amount of increase in demand for the homely designed items which carries with them a great amount of experience and genuineness.
- The business has all the potential to quickly take off to reach the breakeven point in very less time. The money earned by the home-based and low budget business can help housewives achieve their dream of becoming a fashion master and clothing entrepreneur.
The advancements of digital tools and technology have expended the reach of businesses up to each of the houses and individual homes. The women and housewives have now a great opportunity to establish their own home-based business or low budget start-ups in order to fulfil their dreams. The market research and studies show that a lot of women are already earning their livelihoods from such small businesses. The government and the department of women welfare must take the responsibility of spreading the information about the financial assistance provided by the banks and other Self-Help Groups (SHGs) which can be availed to gain benefits in order to generate own source on incomes through the smart implementation of home-based and low budget business ideas.
16 Profitable Small Business Ideas From Home
Top Small Business Ideas for Men
Online Business Ideas to Get Started Making Money on the Internet
Start-up Business Loans
Small Business Loans – Eligibility, Interest Rates & Top Providers
MSME Loan – Interest Rate, Eligibility, Documentation
Mudra Loan offered by Government of India