|Income Groups||Household Income (per annum)|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||Rs. 0 – 3 lakh|
|Low Income Group (LIG)||Above Rs. 3 lakh and Up to Rs. 6 lakh|
|Middle-Income Group 1 (MIG-I)||Above 6 lakh and Up to Rs. 12 lakh|
|Middle-Income Group 2 (MIG-II)||Above Rs. 12 lakh and Up to Rs. 18 lakh|
Launched in 2015 by PM Narendra Modi, the scheme offers interest subsidy of 6.5% on housing loans for 20 years along with other benefits. The last date to apply for PMAY scheme and avail subsidy on home loan is 31 March 2022. Customers who wish to avail the PMAY scheme can apply for it by filling the PMAY application form online.
- Aadhaar Number is mandatory to apply for the scheme online. If you do not have an Aadhaar Number, get it from the nearest Common Service Centre (CSC). Click here to locate your nearest CSC. Check below How to Apply for PMAY Online and Offline.
- The last date to apply for PMAY scheme and benefit from the subsidy on home loan is March 31, 2022. The last date for MIG I & MIG II category under PMAY – CLSS is March 31, 2020.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online Application Process 2019
Follow the steps given below to fill the PMAY application online form:-
Step 1: Visit the Official Website of PMAY
Visit the official website of PMAY, i.e. http://pmaymis.gov.in.
Step 2: Select the Citizen Assessment Link
On the website’s homepage of the website, under the “Citizen Assessment” drop-down menu, select the “Benefits under other 3 components” option.
Step 3: Enter Aadhaar Number
On selecting the option, you will be redirected to the ‘Check Aadhaar/VID No. Existence’ page. Verify your details Here you have to enter your Aadhaar No. in the space provided.
Step 4: Fill Required Details
You will be redirected to the application page. Here you have to fill all the details such as the name of the beneficiary, contact details, all personal details, income details, bank account and all the other required information.
Step 5: Save the PMAY Application
Once you have filled all the details in the form, you have to tick the disclaimer checkbox, enter the Captcha and click the ‘Save’ button. You can also take a printout of the filled-in application form.
Read Also: Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) List
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Application Process – Offline
Customers who wish to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana offline can do so by filling the form available at the Common Service Centre (CSC) established by the State Governments. The form can be bought at a nominal cost of Rs 25 + applicable GST. Applicants who do not have time to visit the CSCs can print the online PMAY application form by following the steps given below:
Step 1: Visit the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana official website
Step 2: Under the Citizen Assessment link, select the relevant option.
Step 3: Enter your Aadhaar Number for verification
Step 4: Once the form appears, right-click your mouse and select the ‘Print’ option
Important Points to Remember Regarding PMAY Application Form
- Applicants must ensure that they fill the PMAY Application Form available either at the Ministry’s official website or at the registered Common Service Centre (CSC) Mediums other than these two do not have the authority for registration of beneficiaries.
- Applicants must be ready with the required documents before filling out the application form.
- Applicants must fill all details accurately as false data on the application form can lead to rejection.
Benefits of Applying for PMAY Scheme Online
Applying for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme online has its benefits, such as:
- Hassle-free Application: PMAY online application form is easy to fill. It also saves you from the hassle of visiting the CSC in person and standing in long queues. To apply for PMAY scheme, you just need to fill the form online from the comfort of your home.
- Easy to Track: Once the online application form is successfully submitted, it can be tracked easily online on the PMAY scheme.
Check Also: Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (PMAY HFA – U)
What are the Documents Required to Apply for PMAY Scheme
The documents or details required to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) are as below:
- Aadhaar Number
- Proof of Identity (such as PAN Card, Voter ID, Passport and Driving License)
- Proof of Residence (such as Voter ID, Passport and Driving License)
- In case the applicant belongs to a minority community, the proof of the same needs to provided
- Proof of Nationality (such as Passport and Voter ID)
- Applicants falling under Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and Low Income Group (LIG) income groups need to provide certificate of the same
- Proof of Income (Recent Salary Slips and IT return statements)
- Property Valuation Certificate
- Bank details and account statements
- Proof that the applicant does not own a ‘pucca’ house
- Proof that the applicant is constructing a home under the scheme (if applicable)