The Finance Minister of India, Nirmala Sitharam has launched the instant and free PAN Card facility through Aadhaar based e-KYC on 25th June 2020. This facility can be availed by those who have a valid Aadhaar number along with their mobile number registered in the database of UIDAI.
Get Your Free Credit Report with Monthly Updates Check Now
The process is quite simple and can be done in a few steps mentioned below.:
- The applicant has to visit the official website of the Income Tax Department at https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-PAN/
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar Number
- He has to enter the OTP which will be sent on the registered mobile number
- Once done, an applicant will receive a 15-digit acknowledgement number for further tracking of PAN Card Status
- The same can be easily downloaded from the portal
- e-PAN will also be sent if the email ID of the applicant is registered with Aadhaar
Note: The applicant doesn’t have to pay any charges for e-PAN
On 12th February 2020, the ‘Beta Version’ for the instant allotment of PAN was started on a trial basis on the official website of the Income Tax Department i.e., e-filing website. With a turnaround time of 10 minutes, 6,77,680 instant PANs have been allotted till 25th May 2020.
As per the data, a total of 50.52 crore PAN numbers have been allotted to the taxpayers as on 25th May 2020 out of which about 32.17 crore PANs were linked with Aadhaar Card.
Moreover, it is mandatory to link your PAN Card with Aadhaar Card and the date for the same has been extended to next year i.e. 31st March 2021.