Form 16A is issued under Income Tax Act, Section 203. The below-mentioned details are available in Form 16A and this needs to be furnished when one is filing the Income Tax Return.
- Name of Deductor – This contains the name and address of the Party that makes the payment and is deducted as a percentage of the income earned as TDS.
- Name of Deductee – This section includes the name and address of the person who received the payment.
- Unique Identification of the Deductor – this includes PAN and TAN numbers of the Deductor and is unique for each one.
- Unique Identification of Deductee – The PAN number to indicate that tax is paid on behalf of the Deductee.
- Total Amount Due to the Deductee – that is the amount of payment received.
- Amount deducted and amount paid to the Income Tax Department – this is calculated based on the income of the deductee.