In Uttar Pradesh, there are various real estate options to choose from. But before making the purchase, make sure that you are not tricked by real estate agents or developers. To protect the interests of homebuyers from unethical and unfair practices, the government passed RERA Act in May 2016. RERA is an abbreviation for Real Estate Regulatory Authority. The Uttar Pradesh Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act 2016 is a subset of RERA. The RERA act exists to regulate and promote India’s real estate sector, ensure transparency in projects and protect the interest of homebuyers. The act extends to the complete country except the State of Jammu & Kashmir.
Read Also: RERA
What is RERA Act in UP?
The RERA UP Act came into effect from October 27, 2016. It has several provisions that ensure regulation, promotion and transparency in the real estate sector of Uttar Pradesh. It intends to safeguard the interests of homebuyers as well as promoters and real estate agents.
What are the objectives of Uttar Pradesh RERA Act?
The objective of UP RERA Act is to:
- establish RERA for the regulation and promotion of the real estate sector
- make sure there is transparency in the sale of real estate projects
- safeguard consumer’s interest in the real estate sector of UP
- establish an arbitrating mechanism for speedy dispute redressal
- give correct details about the builder or developer
- give suggestions to government on matters concerning the growth and promotion of Uttar Pradesh real estate sector
How to Register Projects with RERA UP?
To register projects under UP RERA, follow these steps:
Step 1: Visit the official RERA UP website: https://www.up-rera.in/index.aspx
Step 2: Select ‘Project’ option from the ‘Registrations’ drop-down menu.
Step 3: Fill out the form to login
- A project can be registered only if the promoter is registered
- If registered as a promoter, use Email ID as Login ID. Use the password that you might have already received when registering as a promoter
Step 4: On successfully logging in, you will be redirected to a project registration page where you will be required to fill out a form and submit it with all supporting documents
Step 5: Pay the registration fee and finish the project registration process
What is the Fees of RERA Uttar Pradesh?
UP RERA Registration Fees for Promoters
|Type of Project||Area|
|Up to 1,000 sq. m.||More than 1,000 sq. m.|
|Residential Project||Rs. 10 per sq. m.||Rs. 500 per sq. m.|
|Commercial Project||Rs. 20 per sq. m.||Rs. 1,000 per sq. m.|
UP RERA Registration Fees for Real Estate Agents
|Type of Real Estate Agent||Registration Fee||Renewal Fee|
|Individual||Rs. 25,000||Rs. 5,000|
|Other than Individuals||Rs. 2,50,000||Rs. 50,000|
UP RERA Other Charges
|Any kind of appeal (subection (1) under Section 44)||Rs. 1,000|
|Complaint Fee||Rs. 1,000|
|Withdrawal of application registration||Rs. 50,000 or up to 10% of the registration fee, whichever is higher|
What is the list of documents to be submitted for the registration of projects under UP RERA?
List of documents and information to be submitted by promoters along with the application for the registration of project are:
- A self-attested copy of PAN card
- Audited balance sheet of the previous financial year and IT returns of last 3 years
- The number of open parking spaces available in the concerned real estate project
- A copy of legal title deed indicating the title of the promoter to the concerned property/land
- If the land on which the development is proposed belongs to another person, submit valid documents with authentication of such title
- Details of encumbrances on the concerned land including any rights, title and name of any party
- If the promoter is not the owner of the concerned land, furnish the details of the consent of the owner of the land along with a copy of a collaboration agreement, copies of title and other documents reflecting the title of such owner on the concerned land
For Real Estate Agents
List of documents and information to be submitted by real estate agents along with the application for the registration of project are:
- Self-attested copy of PAN card
- Details of the enterprise including its name, registered address and the type (such as company, partnership, proprietorship and societies)
- Details of registration including the bye-laws, memorandum of association, articles or association, etc. (as applicable)
- Photograph of the real estate agent (in case of an individual) and photographs of partners, directors, etc. (in case of other entities)
- IT returns of past 3 years
- A self-attested copy of the proof of address of the place of business
Note: The above list of documents is indicative. The concerned authority might request such other information and documents, as may be specified by regulations.
How can You access RERA Act UP’s Approved Projects List?
Planning to buy property in UP? Before making the purchase, check for the RERA registration details on the UP RERA official website: http://www.up-rera.in/login
On the website, besides the details of the chosen property, you will also be able to view the complete list of RERA registered properties in Uttar Pradesh. About 2,600 projects are registered on the online platform.
UP RERA Complaint Registration & Status
Steps to File Complain on UP RERA
- Visit the official UP RERA website: https://up-rera.in/index
- Select the ‘Register Complaint’ option under the ‘Complaints’ drop-down menu
- A message will appear asking if you want to conciliate with the builder.
- Click on ‘Yes’ to conciliate with the builder. Click on ‘No’ to file the complaint on RERA without talking to the builder
- If you click on ‘No’, another question will appear asking if there is an earlier order passed by RERA on this matter. Click ‘No’ if it is you are filing complaint first time
- Another question will appear asking if there is a pending court case regarding this complaint. Individuals filing a complaint first time will again click on ‘No’
- Fill out the Complaint Form with correct details
- Preview the form and edit changes, if any
- Once done with the form, click on ‘Submit and Continue’
- Choose a payment method and make payment of Rs. 1,000
- On successful payment, you will receive a receipt. Save it for future reference
How to Check the Complaint Status on UP RERA
Steps to Check Complaint Status on UP RERA
- Visit the official UP RERA website: https://up-rera.in/index
- Select the ‘Complaint Status’ option under the ‘Complaints’ drop-down menu
- Enter the complaint number and captcha.
- Click on ‘Submit’ to view results
Check State-Wise RERA
|RERA Maharashtra||Haryana RERA|
|Karnataka RERA||Bihar RERA|
|RERA Rajasthan||Gujrat RERA|
|RERA Odisha||RERA Punjab|
|RERA Telangana||RERA Chhattisgarh|
|RERA Uttarakhand||WBHIRA RERA West Bengal|
|RERA Kerala||RERA Madhya Pradesh|
UP RERA Helpline & Contact Details
If you have any query, you can go for following contact details.
Office Address: Naveen Bhavan, Rajya Niyojan Sansthan, Kala Kankar House, Old Hyderabad, Lucknow – 226007
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
UP RERA Helpline Numbers: 0522-2781448 / 49 (Lucknow), 0120-2326104 (NCR)
Due to UP RERA Act, buying property in UP today is safer. And if your finances are getting in the way of your dream home purchase, apply for housing loans. Get large financing at lowest rates and multiple value-added features. Long and flexible repayment tenure eases your EMIs and loan stress.