SBI Balance Enquiry by Toll-free Numbers
Recently, SBI has introduced a toll-free number which can be used for balance enquiry, get mini statement, ATM card hotlisting and more. One can call on the following SBI toll-free number for balance enquiry:
As it is a toll-free number, callers won’t be charged for placing the call and the enquiry would also be free of cost. One can also place a call at the following toll-free number to check SBI account balance:
Check SBI Account Balance through Missed Call Banking
Missed call banking allows one to perform a number of banking operations just by giving a missed call or sending an SMS to the bank. The service is also provided by SBI and includes SBI balance check, mini-statement, E-statement (last 6 months), and education loan certificate statement, home loan certificate statement, ATM configuration, generate ATM PIN, home and car loan details, social security schemes’ details, etc. This service is facilitated by RBI and provided by most banks in the country.
To check the account balance, customers can give a missed call on the SBI balance enquiry toll-free number mentioned below:
Or SMS “BAL” to 09223766666
The SBI balance check number (toll-free missed call service) for mini statement is mentioned below:
Or SMS “MSTMT” to 09223866666
There may be specific but minimal charges associated with the service particularly for sending and receiving SMS. The charges are subject to the bank’s policy. However, most banks do not charge anything for balance enquiry on their toll-free number. The biggest advantage of this facility is for the people who have multiple accounts in the same bank. The bank will send a message containing the balance information of all the accounts with the account number and account type.
In case, this facility does not work due to a technical glitch, customers are advised to wait and try again after some time.
Missed Call Banking Registration
- Customers are required to index their registered mobile number for the service
- This is a one-time process in which one has to send an SMS mentioning ‘REG<SPACE>Account Number’ to 09223488888. A confirmation message from the bank will be sent mentioning that the service has been activated for the account.
Get Free Credit Report with monthly updates. Check Now
Different Options for SBI Balance Enquiry
Here are a few alternate ways through which customers can do SBI account balance check:
- Net Banking
- SMS Banking
- SBI Card Balance Enquiry
- Mobile Banking using the State Bank of India (SBI) Mobile Apps
- SBI YONO
- SBI Quick
- SBI Online
- SBI Anywhere Saral (SBI mPassbook)
These SBI balance enquiry options have been discussed in detail here:
Customers having an SBI account can also use the ATM-cum-debit card issued to them for SBI account balance. They need to visit a State Bank of India ATM and follow the steps mentioned here:
- Swipe the SBI ATM-cum-debit card
- Use the 4-digit ATM PIN
- Choose the “Balance Enquiry” option
- Finish the transaction
Customers also have the option to check their last 10 transactions by choosing the “Mini Statement” option at the ATM. The SBI ATM will print a receipt containing the details of the last 10 account transactions. SBI account holders can also visit non-SBI or third-party ATM service to check their account balance.
It is important to note here that RBI has limited the number of free transactions per ATM card. Balance enquiry is also counted as a transaction. Once you exhaust your free transactions, you will have to pay transaction charges for every transaction you carry out in the month. Remember, the number of transactions includes both carried out at SBI and non-SBI ATMs.
This is one of the primary reasons why account holders should opt for SBI Balance Enquiry online. Hence, it is advised that ATMs should be used for cash withdrawals or other services only. SBI Balance enquiry or any other bank account balance check should be done through mobile or online methods, which are convenient and both time and cost-effective.
SBI Net Banking
SBI account holders who have registered for the net banking facility can use their SBI net banking login id and password to log into their net banking account. They can choose a range of banking facilities provided by SBI to its customers including a balance enquiry, home loans, mortgage loans, funds transfer, personal loans, etc.
SBI Quick SMS Banking Service
SBI customers can use their mobile numbers to register for the SMS service and then use it to check their account balance. They can follow the steps mentioned below to register for the same. The format of the SMS is as given below:
SBI will send a registration confirmation message. Customers can now use this service to check the SBI account balance, mini statement, cheque book request, e-statement, education loan interest certificate and home loan interest certificate.
SBI Card Balance Enquiry
SBI credit card users can check their balance and other details using the SMS service. One can get various details by sending an SMS to the number 5676791 in the format mentioned below:
|Balance enquiry||BAL XXXX|
|Available credit and cash limit||AVAIL XXXX|
|Block your lost or stolen card||BLOCK XXXX|
|Last payment status||PAYMENT XXXX|
|Reward point summary||REWARD XXXX|
|Subscribe to e-statement||ESTMT XXXX|
|Request for duplicate statement||DSTMT XXXX MM|
(Statement Month in MM)
- State Bank of India issues passbook to its customers when they open a bank account.
- Customers need to keep their passbooks updated at all times to make sure that it contains information about all carried out transactions.
- Customers can open their updated passbooks to check the current balance and also see the record of both the debit and credit transactions carried out by them.
- Customers need to visit the bank branch for each passbook update.
- This method of balance enquiry is still available since a lot of people are still not keen on using net banking or mobile banking services provided by the bank.
Interest up to 6% on FD | Lifetime FREE Step UP Credit Card | Build your Credit Score
SBI Mobile Banking
SBI offers mobile banking services to its customers through a range of mobile apps including SBI Anywhere, SBI Online, and SBI Anywhere Saral. Here are the ways in which account holders can check SBI account balance using smartphones:
1. SBI YONO
- SBI customers can download the SBI YONO app on their Android or iOS devices to avail the mobile banking facilities
- One can log in using the mobile banking credentials
- Customers can avail plenty of banking services such as balance enquiry, account statement check, funds transfer, etc.
2. SBI Online
- State Bank of India account-holders can use the SBI online portal easily on their smartphones for SBI banking services such as funds transfer, balance check, account statement, NEFT, IMPS, etc.
- This app provides an interface similar to that of the SBI desktop website
- Just by entering the net banking credentials, customers get access to all these banking services instantly
3. SBI Anywhere Saral
- SBI corporate internet banking customers can use this app to carry out banking transactions
- They can do a funds transfer, mobile recharge, balance enquiry, check last 10 transactions, get a mini account statement, etc.
- Retail SBI customers cannot use this app for a balance enquiry
The process of balance enquiry for SBI credit cards is however different as the services for credit cards is managed by SBI Card. The mobile app is also different for SBI credit cards.
Checking Credit Report monthly has no impact on Credit Score
SBI Balance Enquiry using USSD
Unstructured Supplementary Service Data abbreviated as USSD is a GSM communication technology used for the transmission of information between a mobile phone and an application program in the network. The SBI users holding Current/ Savings bank account are eligible to use the service.
- One can enquire about the account balance
- Get the mini statement (last 5 transactions)
- Money transfer to accounts
- Mobile Recharge
How to start the USSD Session
This is important to note that the customers already using Application based or WAP based Mobile Banking Service will not be given access to use the service over USSD. Hence in case, the existing user wishes to avail the service, he/she needs to de-register from the App based or WAP-based service before registering for the USSD service.
To register for SBI Balance Enquiry using USSD, dial
The user will get a response ‘’Welcome to State Bank Mobile Application”. Upon providing the correct User ID, the customer will get the following response. Choose from the set of options given for the required service:
- Fund Transfer
- Mobile Top-up
- Change MPIN
- Forgot MPIN
The user needs to reply with the correct option number. Select ‘Answer’ and choose the serial number from the set of options given above and select ‘Send’.
How to use the SBI USSD service
Below mentioned is a detailed explanation of the mobile banking services one can avail of over USSD:
|Service via USSD||USSD Code|
|Balance Enquiry & Mini Statement|
|Prepaid Mobile Top-up|
Your Credit Score Is Now Absolutely Free
How to Register for SBI Balance Enquiry using USSD
The account holders who wish to register for SBI Balance Enquiry using USSD service are required to SMS in the following format:
9223440000 or 567676
SBI account holder will receive a “User ID” and default “MPIN” via SMS.
It is to be noted that to register for SBI Balance Enquiry using USSD, it is mandatory for the user to change the MPIN and complete the registration process from the nearest ATM or branch. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Dial *595#
- Enter ‘4’ and Send
- Accept the terms & conditions displayed
- Press ‘Answer’ & Enter ‘1’
- Enter old MPIN and Press ‘Send’
- Enter new MPIN and Press ‘Send’
The MPIN will be changed and the user will receive the validation message via SMS. For further activation, the user needs to visit the nearest ATM or Bank Branch.
For activation at ATM, follow the given steps:
- Swipe the debit card & Choose ‘Mobile Registration’ option
- Enter the ATM PIN and Choose ‘Mobile Banking’
- Select ‘Registration and Enter the Mobile Number
- Choose ‘Yes’ and then select ‘Confirm’
- Collect the transaction slip displaying ‘Mobile Registration Successful’ message
Significance of Regular SBI Balance Check
Most public and private sector banks offer convenient and easy methods to help their account balance from anywhere, anytime. To stay on top of your financial life, one should keep a regular check of their bank balance.
Usually, SBI balance enquiry is one of the most popular services, as it is used for frequent reasons –
- To ensure that the account has sufficient funds for money transfer, cheque payment, etc.
- To check if the money sent by the receiver has been credited to the account
- To make sure that the amount debited for a transaction that failed has been credited back
- To see if the interest (in a savings account) has been deposited by the bank on time
Why should one carry out balance enquiry more often?
It is advisable to keep a check on the account balance from time to time and ensure that there are no unauthorised transactions. Also, check your monthly statement to see your unnecessary expenses and cut them to save more money. Keeping an eye on the account balance and transactions can also help one make a sustainable monthly budget.
Get Free Credit Report with monthly updates. Check Now
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q. Is SBI Balance Enquiry facility available using USSD?
A. Yes, SBI balance enquiry number can be used for USSD as well. Account-holders can check SBI account balance, mini statement, fund transfer and more. To check USSD Code to avail SBI Balance Enquiry and other services, click here.
Q. What is SBI Balance Enquiry Number?
A. For SBI Balance Check, account holders can give a call to the SBI balance enquiry toll-free number 09223766666. Account holders can also call SBI customer care number 1800112211 and 18004253800 for instant balance enquiry.
Q. How can an account holder check SBI Account Balance through SMS Banking?
A. Account-holders can SMS “BAL” to 09223766666 from their registered mobile number for instant SBI Balance Enquiry. For SBI Mini Statement, account holders can SMS “MSTMT” to 09223866666.
Q. Will SBI Quick send a message about multiple bank accounts in the same branch?
A. No, SBI Quick only sends messages about the account registered with the service. To avail this service in another SBI account, the customer has to deregister the first account and register with another SBI account.
Q. Is SBI Quick available for all types of bank accounts?
A. SBI Quick is available for specific accounts only. This includes a savings account, current account, overdraft account, and cash credit account
Q. How is SBI Quick different from State Bank Anywhere and State Bank Freedom app?
A. SBI Quick is entirely different from State Bank Anywhere and State Bank Freedom as it differs on two major grounds. The first difference is that SBI quick is not a money transfer service meaning that one cannot facilitate a financial transaction with it. The second big difference is that one does not need a login ID and password to use the service. The user only needs the registered mobile number in an activated state.