Do you have queries related to income tax and you want to get an expert opinion? Do you find it difficult to track your TDS (Tax Deducted at Source)? Do you want to apply for a PAN (Permanent Account Number) card or pay tax online? If any of your answers is in affirmative, be ready to get a virtual friend that will assist you in all matters concerning the income tax. The Income Tax Department has launched an e-service module called Aaykar Setu to bridge the information gap between the Income Tax Department and taxpayers. The module has been released in desktop version apart from the mobile responsive android version.
What is Aaykar Setu?
Aaykar Setu is an app designed to educate people about the processes followed in the Income Tax Department and address grievances and queries of taxpayers. It was launched on 10th July, 2017 by the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. The primary aim of the module is to provide improved and updated tax services and reduce tax payers’ grievances. This module will reduce the physical interaction between authorities and assesses which in turn would minimise chances of tax harassment. This effort will help the Income Tax Department (ITD) to communicate directly with taxpayers. The module will also provide taxpayers numerous informative and valuable tax services on a single platform.
Aaykar Setu is a combination of different tax tools, live chat feature, fast updates, etc. Tax payers can also find various useful links to different processes within the ITD at one place. They will also receive regular updates on upcoming events, forms, notifications and tax dates on their registered mobile numbers.
Features of the Aaykar Setu Mobile App
Aaykar Setu comes with a huge collection of user-friendly features. Some of these features are listed below:
- Users can ask queries related to IT from experts through this module.
- Chatbots provide answers to taxpayers’ queries instantly.
- The support is available 24×7 throughout the year.
- The app comes with a unique feature of keyword-based search option.
- Taxpayers can locate a nearby TPS office with the help of Aaykar Setu app. The module contains the info about all TPS offices of the country.
- The module also contains the information of Tax Return Preparers (TRP) and users can locate a nearby TRP and get his name, e-mail id, contact details and location on maps.
- Tax tools help users in calculating the tax amount using the basic information available with them.
- Users can apply for PAN, TAN, TDS, etc. and submit grievances easily through the Aaykar Setu app.
- Users can also prepare returns and pay taxes simply using this app.
- In case the user finds any difficulty in any of the processes on the module, he can get the query resolved by chatting online using the Live Chat option between 10 am to 6 pm from Monday to Friday.
- Users can play a multiple choice question (MCQ) based quiz game and learn more about Income Tax by just playing the game on the module. The game is divided into 4 levels namely, Beginner, Normal, Hard and Difficult.
How to download Aaykar Setu?
Aaykar Setu app can be downloaded on every phone that works on the Android platform. There are various ways through which users can download the application.
- Users can give a missed call to +91-7306525252 after which the IT Department will send the installation link through an SMS. You can click on the link to download the application and install it on your phone.
- Users can also search “Aaykar Setu” on Google Playstore and install it on their mobile devices.
- The app can also be downloaded by scanning the QR code available on the Income Tax Department’s website.