HDFC personal loans are not only provided at a competitive rate of interest starting from 10.25%, but are also backed by a feature-rich net banking portal. The online banking portal of HDFC allows users to track personal loan application, check loan status, access loan repayment schedule and do much more. In the following sections of this article we will discuss key aspects of this portal including how to register/login on the HDFC personal loan portal and how to access the various services on offer.
How to Register at HDFC Personal Loan Portal?
HDFC Bank operates two separate online portals serving different customer groups – Net Banking Portal for pre-existing customers such as those with a savings/current account with the bank and the ELOANS Portal for customers having only a HDFC loan account only (and no prior relationship). The following are key details of the registration procedure for each of these online portals:
For Pre-existing Customers
If you have a pre-existing banking relationship with HDFC Bank such as a savings/current account, follow this method to register on the HDFC personal loan online portal:
Step 1: Visit the HDFC Bank Internet banking portal.
Step 2: Enter your customer ID provided in your banking kit and click “Go”.
Step 3: The following web page will be displayed. Enter the security code and click “Continue” to register your customer ID for access to HDFC Bank’s Internet banking portal.
Step 4: Confirm your registered mobile number by entering the OTP (one time password) received on the same.
Step 5: Subsequently, select the debit card available with the bank. The online system only shows the first 4 and last 4 digits of your debit card number for security purposes as shown below:
Step 6: Enter card details and click “Confirm” to set your HDFC Bank net banking password, also known as IPIN. Please note that IPIN is sensitive banking information and you should never share it with anyone under any circumstances.
For New Customers
The following is the registration method for logging into the HDFC ELOANS portal, if you do not have a prior banking relationship with HDFC bank:
Step 1: Visit HDFC ELOANS portal page and click “Register” at the bottom of the page under the sub-head “New User”.
Step 2: Enter your user ID (as per your choice), loan account number, date of birth/date of incorporation, last EMI amount paid, password/confirm password and click “Submit” to register your loan account online.
Please note that the password for ELOAN portal should fulfill the following criteria:
- Password length should vary between 8 to 15 characters.
- It should be alpha-numeric, i.e., a mix of alphabets, numbers and special characters.
For security purposes, bank advises that you should change your password at regular intervals. In case you do not change your password for 120 days, you will be compulsorily asked to do so the next time you try to log into your account.
How to Login at HDFC Personal loan Portal?
Once you have successfully registered for HDFC personal loan online portal, you should follow the below steps to log into the portal.
For Pre-existing Customer
Step 1: Visit HDFC Bank net banking portal. Enter your “User ID” and click “Continue”.
Step 2: Enter your IPIN (net banking password) and click “Login”.
Step 3: The following web page will appear when you login for the first time to change your net banking IPIN. Change the IPIN and click “Confirm”. Please note that the IPIN should be alpha-numeric with 6 to 15 characters in length.
Step 4: Upon successful completion of the password change process, the following web page will appear. Now you can log into the HDFC net banking portal using your user ID and the new password to check your personal loan-related details.
For New Customers
Step 1: Visit the HDFC ELOANS login portal.
Step 2: Enter your login ID, password and click “Log In” to avail the various services offered on this online portal of HDFC Bank.
Loan Services available at HDFC Bank Portal?
HDFC Bank Online Portal offers a host of services, ranging from bill payment, provision to check personal loan status and repayment schedule, request for a new loan, transfer of funds to upgrading existing debit cards and more. The following are some key details about the services offered:
- Accounts Tab: You can perform transactions related to your Savings, Current and Deposit accounts under this tab. You can also book new deposits, check balance, liquidate deposits, view summary, download statement, request for stop payment of a cheque, etc. under this menu.
- Funds Transfer: This tab allows you to access online services related to transfer of funds both within and outside the Bank, adding beneficiary, setting and viewing standing instructions, modifying TPT limit, viewing list of beneficiaries, viewing status of RTGS/IMPS transfers, etc.
- Bill Pay & Recharge: Using this tab, you can pay your phone and utility bills, recharge prepaid mobile and DTH connection with the help of your HDFC Bank account/ debit card/ credit card. Additionally, you can set standing instructions for your bill payments to never miss a due date.
- Cards Tab: This tab allows you to find information and transactions related to your credit cards and debit cards. You can make credit card payments, redeem reward points, view information about your cards, view unbilled transactions and statement, upgrade your debit card, and more.
- Demat Tab: You can view all your Demat accounts related information under this tab. You can check accounts status, holding query, view transaction statement, view client profile, request for holdings statement and more.
- Mutual Fund: You can complete/check mutual fund related transactions under this tab. You can subscribe to a new fund offer (NFO) as well as purchase/redeem and invest in systematic investment plans (SIPs) of mutual funds, check order status, view transaction history, etc.
- Insurance: Under this tab, you can check your general insurance and life insurance needs. You can check and purchase the various insurance plans available to you through the HDFC platform.
- Loans Tab: You can check the details of your loan accounts under this tab. You can view summary of loan accounts, check transaction history, personal details, loan repayment schedule and more. Additionally, you can request a new loan or de-register for an ongoing loan, and view the changes in interest rates, if any under in this tab.
- Offers Tab: Under this tab, you can see the personalized offers for various financial services from HDFC Bank, so that you can make most of them.
Important Aspects regarding HDFC Bank Portal
- Install the latest version of anti-virus, anti-spy ware, security patch and personal firewalls on your laptop and mobile phones to ensure your online banking account is adequately protected
- Always set a strong password and change it at regular intervals
- Always check the web address carefully before sharing any sensitive information. Make sure that the URL begins with https and not http
- Ensure that you always logout of your net banking portal to end a session
- Do not disclose any sensitive information, including password, user ID, credit card or debit card number/ PIN, OTP, date of birth, etc. to anyone. Moreover, avoid responding to links in emails
- It is advisable not to use Internet banking on public Wi-Fi or unprotected computers in cyber cafes, etc.
- Don’t use auto complete feature in your browser on banking website to safeguard sensitive personal details
- Do not use the “remember password” feature of your browser to save your Internet banking passwords.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How to check HDFC personal loan status?
You can check HDFC personal loan status through the net banking/ ELOANS portal. Click on “Loans” tab in the top menu and “Enquire” in the menu on the left hand side to check the status of your personal loan.
Q2. How to login to HDFC Internet banking portal if I forgot my user ID?
You can retrieve your user ID for HDFC net banking portal in the following 3 steps:
Step1: Click on the “Forgot Customer ID” link on the HDFC Bank netbanking home page.
Step2. On the next page, enter your personal details, such as mobile number, DOB, PAN, etc.
Step3. Authenticate by providing the OTP received on your registered mobile number and email address.
Step4: Recover your user ID.
Q3. What does HDFC personal loan retail net banking login mean?
HDFC retail internet banking is for the customers who don’t have a savings/current/deposit account with the bank. Such customers only have a loan account and can avail various loan related services through this portal.
Q4. How to login to HDFC personal loan account?
Visit HDFC Bank ELOANS netbanking portal and enter your credentials to log into the portal.
Q5. What services are available on the HDFC personal loan online portal?
A wide range of services is available on the HDFC personal loan online portal. You can transfer funds, make bill payment, check your loan status, upgrade your debit card, check the latest offers and much more.
Q6. Is it possible to access HDFC personal loan account with application number?
You can check HDFC personal loan application status using the loan application number or reference number. However, once your loan is approved and disbursed, you receive a user ID that can be used to check the loan details via the net banking portal.
Q7. What is the customer care number for HDFC Bank personal loan?
Dial 616061616 along with local STD code for Ahmedabad / Bangalore / Chennai / Delhi & NCR / Hyderabad / Kolkata / Mumbai / Pune and dial 6160616 along with local STD code for Chandigarh / Cochin / Indore / Jaipur / Lucknow. Please note that these numbers are operational between 8 am to 8 pm for loan related queries on all days, including Sundays and bank holidays. Standard local call charges may apply.
Q8. Can I apply for a new loan using HDFC Bank online portal?
Yes, you can apply for a new loan using HDFC net banking portal. To do so, login to the net banking portal and click “Loans” tab in the top menu. Next you can either fill out a personal loan application online or ask HDFC Bank to have one of its representatives call you back with available personal loan offers.