Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI) was launched by the Ministry of MSMEs and Government of India in 2005 to promote cluster development. Cluster development shall enable traditional industries to be more productive and profitable. SFURTI plans to set-up Common Facility Centers (CFCs) for generating sustained employed opportunities.
The focused sectors on which SFURTI will work are Bamboo, Honey and Khadi clusters. In the year 2019-20, SFURTI plans to setup 100 new clusters to enable 50,000 artisans economically.
Funding to support Soft, Hard and Thematic interventions under SFURTI
The financial assistance provided for any specific project shall be subject to a maximum of Rs 8 crore.
|Type of Clusters||Per Cluster Budget Limit|
|Heritage Clusters (1000 – 2500 artisans)||Rs. 8 crore|
|Major Clusters (500 – 1000 artisans)||Rs. 3 crore|
|Mini – Clusters (Upto 500 artisans)||Rs. 1 crore|
Note: For North Eastern Region / J&K and Hill States, there will be 50% reduction in the number of artisans per Cluster.
Can be availed by the following entities:
- Corporates and Corporate Responsibility (CSR) Foundations
- Field functionaries of State and Central Governments
- Semi-Government Institutions and Institutions of the Central and State Governments
- Non-Government Organizations (NGOs)
- Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs)
- Private sector by forming cluster specific SPVs
Objectives of SFURTI
- To organize the artisans and traditional industries into clusters for better competitiveness
- To provide them support for enhancing employment opportunities and to increase marketability of products of such clusters
- To improve the skills of artisans
- To make provision for improved tools and equipment for artisans
- With the active participation of the stakeholders, strengthening the cluster governance systems
Under SFURTI scheme, approximately 70 clusters will be developed across the country involving an expenditure of Rs. 149.44 crores. Further, under the 12th Five Year Plan it is stated that by the funding provided by the Government of India and Asian Development bank, around 800 clusters are proposed. Three years are allotted by the Government of India for the implementation of the project for each cluster.
MSME Loan – Interest Rates, Eligibility, Documents
MSME Registration – Benefits, Process, Fees, Eligibility, Documents Required
PMEGP Loan – Interest Rate, Eligibility, Documents
SIDBI – Schemes, Interest Rates, Eligibility & Steps to Apply for Loan
KVIC – Objective, Functions & Scheme Detail
Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY)
Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana (PMRY) – Scheme Eligibility, Documents, Implementation
Stand Up India Scheme – Interest Rate, Eligibility & Steps to Register
NSIC – Types, Benefits, Eligibility, Interest Rate
Mahila Samridhi Yojana – Interest Rate, Eligibility, Documents
Most Successful Small Business Ideas
Small Business Loans – Eligibility, Interest Rates & Top Providers
Startup Business Loans – Benefits, Eligibility, Types
CLCSS – Scheme Objective, Eligibility, Documents Required
CGTMSE: Loan Eligibility, Fee, Coverage Under CGTMSE Scheme