Equifax Credit Report
Headquartered in Atlanta, Equifax is an international leader in consumer, commercial and workforce information solutions, providing its customers with reliable insight and information. Catering to businesses of all sizes, Equifax organizes and assimilates data on more than 600 million consumers and 81 million businesses worldwide. Operating in 19 countries and acting as a member of the Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500® Index, Equifax generates around 158 billion credit score updates per month and 60,000 updates per second in the process of serving its customers. Apart from being based out of the U.S., the other countries where Equifax is operational include Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Honduras, India, Ireland, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Portugal, Russia, Spain, the United Kingdom and Uruguay- bringing the workforce to a total of 7,000 employees worldwide.
Registered as Equifax Credit Information Services Private Limited (ECIS), Equifax India is a joint venture between Equifax Inc., USA and seven leading Indian financial institutions – State Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Kotak Mahindra Prime Limited, Religare Finvest Limited, Sundaram Finance Limited and Union Bank of India.
Equifax Credit Report
Equifax credit report is a compilation of your credit history. It will have your personal as well as credit accounts details such as loans that you have taken and credit cards that you own. The Credit report will also give your Equifax Credit Score.
Types of Equifax Credit Reports
Equifax provides two types of credit reports:
Basic Credit Report
The basic credit report will have following details:-
- Personal information: Your name, date of birth/age, address and ID information
- Credit Summary: It will have summary of all your loan accounts with details such as the amount of loan, outstanding loan amount, tenure of the loan, any defaults that you have made, any delay in payment of equated monthly installments.
- Recent Activity: It will have details of any recent loan application that you have made or any loan you have taken in the recent pass.
- Account Details Section: It will have the details on the repayment history for each loan account.
Inquiries Section: It will show any inquiry made by any lender on you.
Enhanced Credit Information Report
It will have visually more detailed format of the basic credit report with graphs and charts for credit limit utilization against available credit limit, credit mix and delinquency trend etc.
How to get your Equifax Credit Information Report?
If you are applying for a loan it will be better that you check your credit report beforehand for any errors. Your loan application might get rejected even for a small spelling mistake in your name mentioned in your credit report. For a simply and hassle-free experience, you can get your Equifax Credit Report through Paisabazaar.
How can you get the disputes resolved in your credit report?
Follow the steps to get the disputes resolved:-
- First you need to fill the Dispute Resolution Form
- You will have to attach a self-attested copy of the above mentioned Identity proof and address proof
- Send the dispute resolution form along with the KYC documents to Equifax along with any details you want to provide written on a plain paper.
The credit bureau will get in touch with the lender and make change to the credit report if the lender agrees that the dispute is valid.
About Equifax India
Equifax USA has collaborated with seven financial institutions—State Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, Kotak Mahindra Prime Limited, Religare Finvest Limited and Union Bank Of India To form Equifax India. It is registered as Equifax Credit Services Private Limited (ECIS). The company got the certificate of registration from Reserve Bank of India in March 2010 and launched its consumer credit bureau in September 2010.