Credit Information Bureau of India Limited (CIBIL), now known as TransUnion CIBIL, is the leading credit information company in the country. CIBIL Score plays a critical role for individuals in getting any type of loan from banks and financial institutions throughout the country and CIBIL Rank helps companies get credits from such institutions. The bureau procures data from credit institutions and assigns CIBIL Score or CIBIL Rank. Since it maintains and manages the largest collection of consumer credit information, sometimes disputes and grievances may arise. But a CIBIL Consumer can contact the CIBIL Grievance Redressal Cell and get the issue resolved at the earliest.
If any information on your credit report or CCR is incorrect, you can fill out the CIBIL online dispute form available on their website and get it corrected.
CIBIL Consumer Grievance Redressal Policy
CIBIL is committed towards providing best services to its customers and hence it goes the extra mile in ensuring that their grievances are also resolved within a reasonable time frame. There are five important things that CIBIL intends to achieve through its grievance redressal policy:
- Timely resolution of customer grievances in the most efficient manner
- Strengthening consumer confidence by providing an effective resolution of their problem
- Gaining high level of customer satisfaction
- Enhancing the quality of service delivery
- Learning and implementing processes that are more customer friendly
Types of CIBIL Grievances
Since there is enormous data available with the company, CIBIL has categorized grievances into four types- Query, Complaint, Feedback and Request.
- Query- When a person is seeking information related to any of their products, it is known as a query.
- Complaint- When someone has already availed of a product or service and is not satisfied with the same, it is known as a complaint.
- Feedback- As the name suggests, when a person is interested in communicating something that would help CIBIL improve its products or services, it is known as a feedback.
- Request- When someone wants to initiate a CIBIL Report Correction process, it is known as a request.
How to Seek Resolution?
An aggrieved CIBIL customer can resort to any of the below mentioned channels to contact CIBIL customer support:
1- CIBIL Website
One can visit the ‘Contact Us’ section on the official website of CIBIL and fill out the Dispute form. Direct link to the same is given here- https://www.cibil.com/dispute/
2- CIBIL Customer Care Number
CIBIL Grievances can be communicated to the company by calling on their consumer helpline number- +91-22-6140 4300. This number can be reached from Monday to Friday, 10 AM to 6 PM. You can also fax them at +91-22-6638 4666.
3- CIBIL Office Address
One can also write a letter addressed at CIBIL Registered Office Address-
TransUnion CIBIL Limited
One Indiabulls Centre, Tower 2A, 19th Floor,
Senapati Bapat Marg, Elphinstone Road,
Mumbai – 400013
4- CIBIL Email ID
An E-mail can also be written to CIBIL addressed at- email@example.com. Make sure that you mention your identification and complaint in detail.
5- Walk-in at CIBIL Office
A customer can also visit the registered office of CIBIL and meet a consumer service officer to lodge his complaint/query in person.
CIBIL Grievance Redressal Timelines
- For complaints lodged through email, an acknowledgement will be sent to the customer within the next business day.
- If any other channel is used, acknowledgement can be expected within 3 working days.
- For complaints/queries related to CIBIL Dispute Resolution such as rectification of credit information etc. will be resolved within 15 days of submission. CIBIL is not responsible for delay if a response is awaited from a bank/financial institution.
- All other complaints will be resolved within 7 business days.
Guidelines for CIBIL Grievance Redressal
Once the customer has lodged his complaint with CIBIL, he should keep the following things in mind-
- Customers are served on ‘First in First out’ basis and all complaints are entered into the CRM system of CIBIL.
- A unique ‘Service Request Number’ is assigned to every complaint lodged in the CRM.
- Once the complaint is entered into the CRM, CIBIL Consumer Services Team will communicate the same to the customer along with the Service Request Number.
- The team will study the complaint and find a satisfactory resolution within the stipulated time frame. CIBIL may also call the person in case any initial clarification is required on the matter.
- If it is a CIBIL Dispute Resolution case and can be rectified on their own, the same will be done. The response will be sent to the customer, preferably via e-mail.
- Based on nature of the problem and the action taken, Root Cause Analysis will be conducted by CIBIL so that the processes can be improved and such disputes don’t come up in future.
- MIS on complaints along with analysis findings would be shared with Consumer Protection Committee (CPC) of CIBIL’s Board.
- In case the consumer wants to escalate the matter to next levels, a specialized team of Consumer Services Department will be assigned for the same.
CIBIL Grievance Escalation Desk
After contacting CIBIL by any of the above methods, if a customer has not received a satisfactory response, he can bring it to the notice of senior management with the help of escalation desk.
Level 1- The first step is to reach the Manager of Consumer Services Department which can be done by filling out the ‘Escalate to Level 1’ Form. This form is available here- https://www.cibil.com/complaints-escalation-procedure/escalationMatrix.action?id=1
Make sure that you mention the correct Service Request Number and explain in brief why the issue is being escalated to the higher authorities. An Online Grievance ID will be generated at this level as well. Response will be sent to you within 15 working days.
Level 2- If unsatisfactory response is received from Level 1, the next level is to escalate it to the Assistant Vice President – Consumer Services. Fill out the ‘Escalate to Level 2’ Form available here- https://www.cibil.com/complaints-escalation-procedure/escalationMatrix.action?id=2
Again a Grievance ID will be generated for Level 2. Response can be expected within 10 business days.
Level 3- If still dissatisfied, you can reach out to the Chief Operating Officer of CIBIL Consumer Services. Fill out the Level 3 Form here- https://www.cibil.com/complaints-escalation-procedure/escalationMatrix.action?id=3
Response will be received within 8 business days.
CIBIL Consumer Education
In order to create awareness among customers regarding the use of their services and seeking solutions to their problems, CIBIL has uploaded a few customer education videos on their website.
Information related to Credit Score and Loan Basics, Purchase and Post-Purchase Help, Loan Rejections and Disputes, etc. is available on the help centre.
CIBIL FAQ Section on Official Website
Detailed FAQs are also uploaded on the official website of CIBIL so that the general queries can be resolved without any hassles. These FAQs have been categorized according to the needs of the customer. For example, the ‘General Queries Section’ includes the list of basic queries whereas the ‘CIBIL Score and Report Section’ has the compiled list of queries related to scores and reports.