Standard Chartered Bank is among India’s leading private sector banks that offers personal loan to self-employed and salaried individuals for amounts up to Rs.50 lakh. You can apply for a Standard Chartered Bank personal loan through both online and offline routes to enjoy low interest rates starting from 10.99% p.a. as well as flexible repayment tenure of up to 60 months. Read on to know more about the online application process of Standard Chartered Bank personal loans.
Eligibility Criteria for Standard Chartered Bank Personal Loan
The key eligibility criteria for a personal loan offered by Standard Chartered Bank are as follows:
- You should be at least 21 years old
- You should either be a salaried professional or a self- employed individual
- You should meet the minimum monthly salary as well as any other criteria set by the bank from time to time
Documents Required to Apply for Standard Chartered Bank Personal Loan
Below mentioned are the lists documents required to apply for Standard Chartered Bank personal loan. However, the bank may also ask additional documents, at its discretion.
- Identity proof (any one): Aadhaar, PAN, Passport, Driving License, Voter ID Card, Photo Ration Card
- Address proof (at least one): Passport, Telephone Bill, Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Life/Medical Insurance Policy, Driving License, Rental Agreement, Apartment Allotment Letter, etc.
- Income Proof (as applicable)– Salary Slips/Salary Certificate, ITR (Income Tax Return), Certified Balance Sheet/Profit and Loss Statement, etc.
Process to Apply for Standard Chartered Bank Personal Loan
The following are step by step guides to help you apply for a Standard Chartered bank personal loan online or offline:
Following is the step-to-step guide to apply for Standard Chartered Bank Personal Loan online:
Step 1: Visit the page of Standard Chartered Bank personal loan on the official website and click on ‘Apply Now’:
Step 2: Now you will be redirected to new page where the first portion of the online application form will be displayed. Enter the required details of various sections to complete the online application process for Standard Chartered Bank personal loan.
Step 4: After you have submitted the application for personal loan successfully, you will receive a loan application number as well as notification on your registered mobile number and email id.
Note: While this online personal loan application process is designed to provide instant conditional approval, Standard Chartered Bank may at its discretion as for additional physical/digital documents, etc. to make a final decision regarding loan approval.
If you want to apply for Standard Chartered Bank Personal Loan offline, you can visit the nearest Standard Chartered Bank branch in-person and do the following
Step 1: Submit the completely filled out loan application form along with the required documents at the branch.
Step 2: After the loan sanctioning authority approves your loan disbursal, you will receive a confirmation call from the lender along with notification on your registered mobile number and email id for the same.
Process to apply for Standard Chartered Bank Personal Loan at Paisabazaar.com
The following is the process to apply for a Standard Chartered Bank personal loan through Paisabazaar.com personal loan application platform:
- Fill Paisabazaar’s personal loan application form to compare and apply for a loan
- Fill your details including income, employer, profession, etc. to know the suitable personal loan offers as per the chances of approval
- Either select the personal loan offer from Standard Chartered Bank (if applicable) or call Paisabazaar for assistance
- Get instant conditional e-approval on a Standard Chartered Bank personal loan online. Also, you will get a call from our customer care team to guide you through the application process if you are having any issues
Benefits of applying for Personal Loan at Standard Chartered Bank
Mentioned below are some of the important benefits associated with Standard Chartered Bank for applying personal loan:
- Minimal documentation and easy processing helps in availing personal loan hassle-free.
- Standard Chartered Bank offers loan amount up to Rs.50 lakh which can help individual in fulfilling financial requirements
- You can avail personal loan at an attractive interest rate starting from 10.99% p.a.
- Standard Chartered offers personal loan borrowers the option to repay loans within a period ranging from 12 months to a maximum of 60 months
Q1. What is the minimum and maximum personal loan amount offered by Standard Chartered Bank?
Standard Chartered Bank offers loan amounts starting from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 50 lakh for both Salaried and Self-Employed Individuals.
Q2. What is the interest rate on the personal Loan by Standard Chartered Bank?
Standard Chartered Bank personal loan rates start at 10.99% p.a.
Q3. How much time does it take for Personal Loan disbursement?
After approval, the bank takes 4-7 working days to disburse the loan amount after all the loan documentation is submitted.
Q4. Is NetBanking safe while making repayment?
Standard Chartered Bank offers 100% secure and safe NetBanking platform to help make repayment of loan EMIs.
Q5. How can I repay my loan EMIs?
You can pay your loan EMIs through NACH or if you are an existing customer of the bank you can avail the facility of direct account debit through Standing Instructions (SI).