The SBI Magnum Global Fund scheme seeks to invest in partially convertible debentures, fully convertible debentures, Indian equities, and bonds from select industries offering high growth potential. The objective is to make well researched investments to be able to provide maximum growth opportunities to the investors.
- Benchmark: S&P BSE MidSmallCap Index is the benchmark to measure the performance of the scheme. This new index series was introduced to track the performance of companies having relatively smaller market capitalization. It was introduced to curb the bias created in BSE 500 index by companies having large market capitalization and interestingly enough, it has proven to be of great utility for the investing community.
- Asset Size: As according to December 2016, the asset size of this scheme is of Rs. 2718.18 crores.
- Load Details:
- According to the latest SEBI circular, this scheme will not invite any entry load.
- For redemption or switch out before 12 months from the date of allotment of funds, exit load at the rate of 1% is charged.
- For exit after a year, no exit load is applicable. However, the asset management company (AMC) has the liberty to modify or change the load structure on a prospective basis.
- Minimum Application Amount:
- A minimum of Rs. 5000 is required to start an investment in SBI Magnum Global Fund and in multiples of Re.1 thereafter.
- For any additional purchase, Rs. 1000 is the minimum requirement and in multiples of Re.1 thereafter
- For the purpose of repurchase, the minimum requirement is of Rs. 1000 or 100 units or account balance, whichever is lower.
*Note- Post redemption, if the outstanding balance amount than the minimum redemption amount according to the scheme features, then the AMC holds the right to redeem the balance units at the applicable repurchase price.
Minimum SIP amount:
- For a weekly SIP, a minimum of Rs.1000 and in multiples of Re 1 thereafter for a minimum of 6 weeks.
- For a monthly SIP:
- For a minimum of 6 months- A minimum of Rs. 1000 and in multiples of Re.1 thereafter
- For a minimum of 12 months(1 Year) – A minimum of Rs. 500 and in multiples of Re. 1 thereafter
- For quarterly SIP: A minimum of Rs. 1500 and in multiples of Re.1 thereafter
- Fund Manager: Mr. R Srinivasan
Mr. R Srinivasan has been managing the fund since past seven years and started from May 2009. At SBI Funds Management Private Limited, he is also the head of equities and senior fund manager of equity. He is a post graduate from commerce having an MFM from University of Mumbai and has been ranked in top 10 fund managers for the year 2015 by economic times.
- AMC: SBI Funds Management Pvt. Ltd
- Trustee Company: SBI Mutual Fund Trustee Company Pvt. Ltd.
- Ranking: SBI Magnum Global Fund has been ranked 4th in the small & mid cap category by CRISIL. The rank has remained unchanged since the last quarter which ended on December 2016.
- NAV Disclosure: The NAV (Net Asset Value) is disclosed at the end of every business day. The details of the portfolio in the prescribed format along with ISIN are disclosed by the AMC on the last day of the month. The updates about the NAV are both published on two daily newspapers and updated on the official website of the AMC
- Asset Allocation: Under normal circumstances, the following would be the usual limits for investments-
- 80% - 100% assets would be invested in equities, partly convertible debentures, fully convertible debentures and bonds.
- The remaining 0-20% of the assets would be invested in money market instruments.
- Equities, partly convertible debentures, fully convertible debentures and bonds have a medium to high risk profile while money market instruments have low risk profile.