UTI Nifty Index Fund Direct-Growth UTI Nifty Index Fund Direct-Growth UTI Nifty Index Fund Direct-Growth UTI Nifty Index Fund Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
PB Recommended Equity Large Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 04 Aug
₹ 73.65 by 1.35 ( 1.86%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to invest in stocks of companies comprising Nifty 50 Index and endeavor to achieve return equivalent to Nifty 50 Index by passive investment.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Aditya Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
SBI Bluechip Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Top 100 Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Large Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Bluechip Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Mirae Asset Large Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
UTI Mastershare Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Focused Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
DSP Top 100 Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||12.45|
|Cosmetics & Toiletries||4.49|
|Fund House||UTI Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Kamal Gada|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||UTI Tower, 'GN' Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East),|
|Contact||022- 6678 6666, 66786354/ 1800 22 1230|
About UTI Nifty Index Fund
UTI Nifty Index Fund is a passively managed fund that aims to replicate the underlying equity securities of Nifty 50. Being an index fund, it invests the total assets under management in stocks of firms that are a part of Nifty 50 in the same proportion. This ensures that the returns delivered by the fund are approximately the same as that generated by the fund.
One of the key benefits of investing in this fund is its low cost structure. Financial planners advise that a certain portion (preferably 25%) should be allocated to index funds as they’ve delivered better returns when compared to pure equity funds.
Who Should Invest in UTI Nifty Index Fund?
- Investors looking for quality equity exposure in their overall investment portfolio, at a lower cost than any other investment avenue can consider investing in this fund. As the fund is passively managed, it charges a low expense ratio.
- To make substantial capital gains, it is advisable that the investor has an investment horizon of at least 5 years, as the returns from underlying securities are quite volatile in the short run.
- It is a good bet for conservative equity investors, since the invested securities comprises equity stocks of large cap companies, whose sustainable business models have the ability to sail through the turbulent market conditions and deliver significant returns in the long run.
- To effectively mitigate the market risk, it is suggested that an investor invests via Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) mode of investment in this fund.
Will You Pay Tax?
If you withdraw or redeem the units of mutual funds before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Whereas, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above ₹1 lakh will be taxed at 10% after completion of 1 year of investment.
For instance, an investor has made a capital gain of ₹40,000 on investment in UTI Nifty Index Fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹6,000.
Also, if the investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50,000. Residual ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5,000.
How to Invest in UTI Nifty Index Fund Online?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Equity Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Large Cap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of UTI Nifty Index Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Q. What is the entry load for this fund?
A. There is no applicable entry load on the aforementioned fund.
Q. What is the exit load for this scheme?
A. If an investor redeems the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. Who is the fund manager of this fund?
A. Mr. Sharwan Kumar Goyal is the fund manager of UTI Nifty Index Fund.
Q. Is there any lock-in period for investment in this scheme?
A. No. Investors can redeem their investment as per their wish and needs.
Q. What is the suggested investment horizon for this fund?
A. As the underlying equity investment of this fund is sensitive to market fluctuations, and returns are dependent on long term growth of the infrastructure sector, it is advisable to stay invested for at least 5 years, for substantial capital appreciation.