UTI MNC Fund Direct-Growth UTI MNC Fund Direct-Growth UTI MNC Fund Direct-Growth UTI MNC Fund Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 25 Sep
₹ 209.56 by 3.40 ( 1.65%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to generate long term capital appreciation by investing predominantly in equity and equity related securities of multinational companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Cars & Multi Utility Vehicles||7.91|
|Bakery & Milling Prod.||7.85|
|Cosmetics & Toiletries||7.52|
|Drugs & Pharma||5.33|
|ACs & Refrigerators||4.48|
|Cosmetics & Toiletries||3.39|
|Fund House||UTI Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Swati Anil Kulkarni|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||UTI Tower, 'GN' Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East),|
|Contact||022- 6678 6666, 66786354/ 1800 22 1230|
About UTI MNC Fund
UTI MNC Fund is an open ended equity scheme that predominantly invests in equity stocks of Multinational Corporations (MNCs). The fund aims to invest in firms that reflect low financial leverage, and has a high growth potential in their respective sectors.
The investment portfolio of the fund is moderately concentrated with equity securities of quality MNCs which are well-differentiated from the ones invested by other funds. This gives an opportunity for investors to invest in a multitude of multinational companies, instead of buying their stocks individually.
It is a thematic fund that invests across the theme of MNCs from multiple sectors. The top holdings of the fund are Hindustan Unilever, Maruti Suzuki India and Britannia Industries Ltd.
Who Should Invest in UTI MNC Fund?
- If you want to grow your investments with the growth of leading multinational firms, this is the best pick for you. The returns delivered by this fund over the years are well above the benchmark returns, with low volatility.
- To make the best out of this fund, it is important to have a long-term investment horizon (at least 5 years) for this investment, as the market risk is quite high in the short run.
- Before investing in this fund, an investor should do a thorough analysis of the current and future market scenario and growth prospects of the invested companies. The investment decision should be based on return potential of these firms.
- Since this fund is a thematic fund, it is suitable for investors with a high-risk tolerance as the returns are highly sensitive to market fluctuations, and there is less diversification of investment portfolio.
Will You Pay Tax?
If you withdraw or redeem the units before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Whereas, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above ₹1 lakh will be taxed at 10% after completion of 1 year of investment.
For instance, an investor has made a capital gain of ₹30000 on investment in UTI MNC Fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹4500.
Also, if the investor has made a capital gain of ₹2 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹1 lakh. Residual ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹10,000.
Also Read: How to Save Tax by Investing in Mutual Funds?
How to Invest in UTI MNC Fund Online?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Equity Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Thematic Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of UTI MNC Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Q. What is the entry load for this fund?
A. There is no applicable entry load on the aforementioned fund.
Q. What is the exit load for this scheme?
A. If an investor redeems the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. Who is the fund manager of this fund? What investment strategy does he use?
A. Swati Kulkarni, fund manager of UTI MNC Fund, believes in investing in multinational firms with “wide economic moat”. These firms have a competitive advantage over other firms which makes it difficult for the latter to bring down the former’s market share. She emphasises on parameters such as High Return on Equity, efficient capital allocation and cash flows.
Q. Is there any lock-in period for investment in this scheme?
A. No. Investors can redeem their investment as per their wish and needs.
Q. What is the suggested investment horizon for this fund?
A. As the underlying equity investment of this fund is sensitive to market fluctuations, and returns are dependent on long term growth of the infrastructure sector, it is advisable to stay invested for at least 5 years, for substantial capital appreciation.