UTI Mid Cap Fund Direct-Growth UTI Mid Cap Fund Direct-Growth UTI Mid Cap Fund Direct-Growth UTI Mid Cap Fund Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
Equity Mid Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 05 Aug
₹ 107.11 by 0.91 ( 0.85%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme is to generate long term capital appreciation by investing predominantly in equity and equity related securities of mid cap companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
HDFC Mid-Cap Opportunities Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Growth Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
Franklin India Prima Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Mid Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
DSP Midcap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
UTI Mid Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Magnum Mid Cap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Kotak Emerging Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
L&T Midcap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Mid Cap Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Hotels & Restaurants||3.38|
|Tyres & Tubes||2.91|
|Tea & Coffee||2.59|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||2.35|
|Fund House||UTI Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Ankit Agarwal|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||UTI Tower, 'GN' Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East),|
|Contact||022- 6678 6666, 66786354/ 1800 22 1230|
About UTI Midcap Fund
UTI Midcap Fund is an equity scheme primarily investing in equities & equity related instruments of mid cap companies. The objective of investment in this fund centers around long-term capital appreciation. Also, the improving CRISIL Rank over the last 3 years validates the efficient performance and stable returns achieved by the fund.
Mid cap equity funds are Mutual Funds investing in the shares of mid cap companies. These companies/organisations are responsive to market changes along with considerable stability because of which Midcap Funds are known as moderately risky schemes.
If you are not reluctant to bear a moderate amount of market risk, Mid-cap have a potential of high growth.
Who Should Invest in this Fund?
- If you are willing to keep your resources invested for a longer period of time i.e., for at least 7 to 10 years, this scheme is a good investment plan
- Investors who are willing to indulge in a portfolio with core allocation into midcap companies
- Good returns can be earned with long-term equity investments into midcap stocks. However, mid-cap stocks are likely to perform poorly during market fluctuations which makes it a moderately risky option of investment. Thus, if you are not a risk-averse individual, you can invest in this fund
- Mid cap equity funds are Mid cap mutual funds have shown inconsistency in the last few years which means these may underperform in the short term. This makes it unsuitable for investors interested in short-term investments. In that case, you can consider investing into short-term funds such as ICICI Prudential short-term fund or HDFC Short Term Debt fund to get desired returns
Will You Pay Tax?
If you withdraw or redeem the units before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Whereas, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above ₹1 lakh will be taxed at 10% after completion of 1 year of investment.
For example: If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. And, the payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in the UTI Midcap Fund Online?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Equity Funds’
- Click on the section of Midcap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of UTI Mid Cap Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Why Choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are Mid cap Mutual Funds?
A. Companies are categorised by SEBI into large, mid and small cap on the basis of their capitalizations. Funds investing in shares of mid cap companies are known as Mid Cap Equity Funds.
Q. Does UTI Midcap Fund come under Section 80C or offers tax benefits?
A. UTI Midcap Fund is not a tax saver fund and does not come under Section 80C. The taxation rules apply to it as applicable for all capital gains via mutual funds in long term and short term.
Q. Who is the fund manager? What is the strategy implemented by him?
A. Ankit Agarwal, the fund manager of UTI Midcap Fund, advances the bottom-up approach and selects the stocks of companies which have a proficient business plan but are currently dealing with temporary weak phase. According to the historical returns, the fund has shown more than 5% significant increase in returns over the past 5 years.
Q. Is it beneficial to invest via open-ended (lumpsum) or SIP?
A. SIP is considered efficient and convenient mode of investment that is good for long term investment. It also reduces financial burden as one needs to invest periodically and one can start with amount as low as Rs. 500 per month.
Q. What is the Exit Load in this fund?
A. The exit load is 1% in case of redemption of units of Mutual Funds before one year from the date of allotment. Also, in case of redemption/switching after 1 year of investment, no exit load is applicable.
Q. What is the minimum investment requirement?
A. For lump sum investments minimum amount required is Rs.5000. For Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) minimum installment amount is Rs.500