UTI Equity Fund Direct-Growth UTI Equity Fund Direct-Growth UTI Equity Fund Direct-Growth UTI Equity Fund Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
Equity Multi Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 18 Sep
₹ 163.89 by -0.56 ( -0.34%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to generate long term capital appreciation by investing predominantly in equity and equity related securities of companies across the market capitalization spectrum.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
HDFC Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Kotak Standard Multicap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Multi Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Focused Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
IDFC Multi Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
UTI Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Magnum MultiCap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Plastic tubes & pipes||2.86|
|Fund House||UTI Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Ajay Tyagi|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||UTI Tower, 'GN' Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East),|
|Contact||022- 6678 6666, 66786354/ 1800 22 1230|
About UTI Equity Fund
The scheme has been into existence with the primary objective of generating long term capital appreciation by investing predominantly in equity and equity related securities of companies across market capitalization. The fund provides an effective combination of the domain leadership in the capital market. With a record of historical returns, the fund follows a bottom up approach while selecting the stocks for its portfolio.
Mr. Ajay Tyagi is currently the Fund Manager of this fund. He is a certified CFA Charter holder from The CFA Institute, USA and holds a Masters degree in Finance from Delhi University. Mr. Ajay has been working with UTI AMC since over 19 years now, and is known to excel in the equity research and fund management functions since then. At present, he is managing a few domestic mutual fund schemes with UTI AMC. Mr. Tyagi believes in maintaining a well diversified portfolio while keeping the portfolio exposure limited.
Who Should Invest?
- The fund is known to offer the opportunity to grow wealth to its investors by investing in companies with robust fundamentals and strong growth history. If you are willing to build a core equity portfolio, with the potential of generating economic value over a long period of time, you must consider investing in this fund
- In the long term, the fund has been observed to experience a considerably impressive performance history in the equity market for investors with a longer investment horizon, a minimum of 5 years, to be specific
- All the equity funds are subject to market risks. Being a multi-cap fund, there is a moderate level of risk involved in this fund. Hence, you are advised to invest in this fund only if you are ready to accept a moderately higher level of risk. If otherwise, you are advised to invest in large cap funds such as Axis Bluechip Fund, ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund in order to avoid a higher level of risk
- Consider investing in this fund if you are looking to create a diversified portfolio since the fund manager of this fund is known to maintain a well diversified portfolio while also providing limited exposure to the portfolio in order to fulfill liquidity requirements
Taxation- How will they be Taxed?
The short term capital gains from the investments in this fund are taxed at 15% if the units are sold within the time period of 1 year from the date of allotment. However, the long term capital gains made on the sale of units priced at over Rs. 1 lakh, within a year from the date of allotment are taxed at 10% without indexation.
If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in UTI Equity Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign in to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Equity Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of UTI Equity Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork. Only direct plans, no regular ones
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, Assets Under Management (AUM), etc. are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Q. Is there an entry load on investing in this fund?
A. No, there is no entry load while investing in the scheme. However, the investors have to pay an exit load of 1% if the units are redeemed within a year from the date of allotment.
Q. What are multi cap funds?
A. Multi cap funds are diversified mutual funds that invest in stocks across market capitalization.The portfolio of these funds have large cap, mid cap and small cap stocks.
Q. Does this fund come under Section 80C or offers tax benefits?
A. No, the fund does not offer any tax benefits under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
Q. What is Exit Load? Is there any Exit load of this fund?
A. Exit Load is the fee charged from an investor when he decides to quit the scheme and redeem his money. Generally, there is some penalty charged only if funds are redeemed in less than 365 days, otherwise there are usually no charges. The fund has an Exit Load of 1% if the units are redeemed before 365 days from the date of allotment.
Q. What is Expense Ratio? Is there any Expense Ratio of this fund?
A. It is the fee charged from the investor for managing his fund money and allocating it to the stocks that can help him earn returns. The fund has an Expense Ratio of 1.48%. (direct plan).
Q. What is the lock-in period of this fund?
A. There is no lock-in period for the scheme.