Tata Small Cap Fund Direct - Growth Tata Small Cap Fund Direct - Growth Tata Small Cap Fund Direct - Growth Tata Small Cap Fund Direct - Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
Equity Small Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 13 Aug
₹ 10.77 by 0.09 ( 0.85%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to generate long term capital appreciation by predominantly investing in equity and equity related instruments of small cap companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Franklin India Smaller Companies Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
DSP Small Cap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
L&T Emerging Businesses Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Kotak Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HSBC Small Cap Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Paints & Varnishes||4.49|
|Media & Entertainment||4.26|
|Cement & Asbestos prod.||3.75|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||3.51|
|Fund House||Tata Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Satish Chandra Mishra|
|Fund Setup Date||19 Oct 2018|
|Address||9th Floor, Mafatlal Centre, Nariman Point, undefined|
|Contact||1800 209 0101|
About Tata Small Cap Fund
Tata Small Cap Fund is an open-ended equity scheme which invests in the stocks of small cap companies. The consistency in the performance of the fund is apparently recorded under a portfolio which has asset allocations made into high-performing companies with efficient management, competitive approach and decent returns.
The fund predominantly invests in Chemicals, Services, Construction and Engineering sectors. The companies under the top holdings are: Tube Investments of India, India Grid Trust, JMC Projects, Redington India, Ramco Industries etc. The latest NAV of the Mutual Fund is recorded as 10.66 Crores followed by 90% asset allocation into equities and the remainder into Cash & Cash Equivalents.
At times when market is undergoing downturns, the small cap funds outperform large cap and mid cap funds owing to their high growth prospects
Who Should Invest in Tata Small Cap fund?
- Small cap Mutual Funds are highly risky as compared to ELSS & Large-cap funds which makes this fund suitable for investors with an aggressive risk profile
- If you are willing to place your money into small cap stocks of the budding companies, this can be a good option
- If you have a long-term investment goal of wealth creation and substantial capital growth, you can place your money in this fund to get benefiting returns
- Investors who are familiar with market fluctuations should opt to invest in this fund because a high amount of risk is involved in investments into small cap companies. Alternatively, you can choose large cap funds such as Axis Bluechip Fund or ICICI Prudential Bluechip fund to avoid risk and get higher returns
- You can proceed with the investment if you are comfortable with a diverse portfolio as exposure to investments into smaller businesses gives diversification to the fund portfolio
- Investors who want to earn dividends must not invest in this fund because it is very difficult for investors to find dividends as small-cap companies tend to reinvest their profits on expansion of businesses
Will You Pay Tax?
If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in the Fund Online?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Equity Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Small Cap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Tata Small Cap Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Why you Should Choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is Tata Small Cap a tax free fund?
A. No, this is not a tax-free Mutual Fund. If returns are withdrawn before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Long Term Capital Gains Tax above capital gains of ₹1 lakh is levied on returns withdrawn after 1 year of investment.
Q. What is the minimum investment requirement?
A. For lump sum investments minimum amount required is Rs.5000. For Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) minimum installment amount is Rs.500.
Q. Who is the fund manager of Tata Small Cap Fund? What is the investment strategy used by the manager?
A. This fund is managed by two professionals- Mr. Chandraprakash Padikar and Mr. Satish Mishra. The fund managers aims for long-term capital escalation through the portfolio investments made into other money market securities in order to achieve a favourable allocation.
Q. What is the Exit Load in this fund?
A. The exit load is 1% in case of redemption of units of Mutual Funds before one year from the date of allotment. Also, in case of redemption/switching after 1 year of investment, no exit load is applicable
Q. What is the entry load for this fund?
A. No entry load is applicable on this mutual fund
Q. Is it safe to invest in this fund?
A. As far as the risk factor is concerned, Tata Small Cap Fund is a high risk fund. On the other hand, the fund has been delivering optimal returns to the investors. Hence, it is a risky option however, for investors who with high risk appetite this is a good option for investment.
Q. What is the best mode of investment- SIP or Lump sum?
Assuming you are going to be invested for a longer term, the SIP route of investment will help you reap the benefits of the power of compounding and rupee cost averaging.