Tata India Tax Savings Fund Direct-Growth Tata India Tax Savings Fund Direct-Growth Tata India Tax Savings Fund Direct-Growth Tata India Tax Savings Fund Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 1000 1
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 08 Apr
₹ 15.04 by -0.04 ( -0.25%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks long-term capital growth. Investments in equity would be at least 80 per cent of the corpus, while allocation to debt and money market instruments can go up to 20 per cent.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Axis Long Term Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Taxsaver Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
SBI Long Term Equity Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief 96 Direct-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund (Tax Saving) Direct Plan - GrowthEquity
DSP Tax Saver Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Taxshield Direct-GrowthEquity
L&T Tax Advantage Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Diversified Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||5.61|
About Tata India Tax Savings Fund
While seeking long term capital growth, Tata India Tax Savings Fund makes investments of a minimum of 80% in equity and the remaining 20% in debt and money market instruments. The fund has a total of around 98.38% invested in Indian stocks, out of which 71.82% is invested in large cap, 10.99% in mid cap and 7.72% in small cap stocks.
The fund is an open-ended equity scheme attempting to catch the long-term upside potential of the Indian equity market. The lock-in period of 3 years enables the fund managers take a long term perspective and ensure stability in fund’s performance.
Who Should Invest?
- All the equity funds are subject to market risks. Being an equity large and mid-cap fund, there is a moderate level of risk involved in this fund. Therefore, if you are an investor with a smaller risk appetite, you may consider investing in this fund
- The fund has a lock-in period of 3 years. Hence, you should only invest in this fund if you are seeking long term capital growth along with an investment horizon of a minimum of 3 years
- Investors looking for additional tax benefits may invest in this fund. Being an Equity Linked Savings Scheme, investments made in this fund will help investors save taxes of up to 1.5 lakh in a financial year under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act
- Since the fund provides dual benefit of long-term wealth creation (you must have an investment horizon of around 4-5 years) and tax benefits, this fund is suitable for you if you are planning to invest predominantly in equity and equity related securities
- It is also suggested that you take a look at the CRISIL rating of the fund while making your investment decision, in order to get an idea about the overall performance of the fund over the years, based on its historical return data and portfolio attributes
Taxation- How will they be Taxed?
Investments made in Tata India Tax Savings Fund are eligible for a tax deduction of up to Rs. 1.5 lakh under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. The scheme also allows a 2-in-1 benefit of investing and tax deduction, along with greater diversification of risk control and a 360-degree research. Being an Equity Linked Savings Scheme, Tata India Tax Savings Fund has a lock-in period of 3 years, which is considered the lowest among all the tax saving alternatives/investment instruments in the country.
For an example-
Let’s say, an individual has ₹2 lakh disposable taxable income in a given financial year, and s/he decides to invest the amount in ELSS. ₹1.5 lakh out of this amount would be exempted from any taxation.₹50,000 would be taxed as per the income tax slab of the investor.
It should be noted that the investment in ELSS remains locked-in for 3 years.
The returns from ELSS are taxed like that from any other equity mutual fund scheme. However, since the units can’t be redeemed before 3 years of investment, only Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% above ₹1 lakh will be levied.
Suppose an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in Tata India Tax Savings Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign in to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘ELSS Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Tata India Tax Savings Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork. Only direct plans, no regular ones
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, Assets Under Management (AUM), etc. are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Q. What are large cap funds?
A. Mutual funds that invest in stocks of companies with larger market capitalization are called large cap funds. These companies are usually the ones with a good track record and are known to be well established players in the market.
Q. Does this scheme come under Section 80C or offers tax benefits?
A. Yes, this fund is an Equity Linked Savings Scheme (ELSS) and hence, is eligible for tax exemption of upto Rs. 1.5 lakh in a financial year under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
Q. What is Exit Load? Does this particular scheme have an Exit Load?
A. Exit Load is the fee charged from an investor when he decides to quit the scheme and redeem his money. Generally, there is some penalty charged only if funds are redeemed in less than 365 days, otherwise there are usually no charges. No, the fund does not have an Exit Load.
Q. What is Expense Ratio? What is the Expense Ratio of this specific fund?
A. It is the fee charged from the investor for managing his fund money and allocating it to the stocks that can help him earn returns. The fund has an Expense Ratio of 0.64%.
Q. Is there a lock-in period for this scheme?
A. The scheme has a lock-in period of 3 years, the lowest lock-in among other investment cum tax-saving options.
Q. Who manages this fund?
A. The fund is currently being managed by two fund managers, namely Ennettee Fernandes and Rupesh Patel. With over 9 years of experience in the field, Ms. Ennettee Fernandes is currently working as an Assistant Fund Manager with Tata India AMC. She was previously working with PhillipCapital India Pvt. Ltd. as Junior Research Analyst in the FMCG sector.
Mr. Rupesh Patel, holds a B.E. degree (Civil) and an MBA in Finance. With professional experience of more than 14 years, he is an expert in managing equity and equity related investments, along with managing credit risk assessment and evaluation of infrastructure projects.