Tata India Consumer Fund Direct-Growth Tata India Consumer Fund Direct-Growth Tata India Consumer Fund Direct-Growth Tata India Consumer Fund Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 01 Apr
₹ 15.19 by -0.48 ( -3.07%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks long term capital appreciation by investing atleast 80% of it's net assets in equity/equity related instruments of the companies in the Consumption Oriented sectors in India.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Sundaram Rural and Consumption Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Tata India Consumer Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life India GenNext Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Bharat Consumption Fund Direct - GrowthEquity
SBI Consumption Opportunities Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Mirae Asset Great Consumer Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
UTI India Consumer Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Canara Robeco Consumer Trends Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Consumption Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Cosmetics & Toiletries||12.36|
|Clocks & Watches||6.36|
|Cosmetics & Toiletries||5.09|
|Hotels & Restaurants||4.85|
|Paints & Varnishes||4.25|
|ACs & Refrigerators||4.16|
|Tea & Coffee||4.09|
About Tata India Consumer Fund
This is an open-ended equity scheme which invests in the consumption oriented sector of India. It endeavors to obtain long-term capital valuation with minimum 80% of the net assets allocated into equities & equity related instruments of organisations from the consumer oriented sectors such as Automobiles, Media & Entertainment, Consumer Durables and FMCG, Textiles etc.
You can invest in the fund with amount as low as Rs.500 under Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) or opt for lump sum with minimum Rs.5000. The top holdings of the fund include Hindustan Unilever, ITC, GSK Consumer Healthcare, Bata India, Jubilant Foodworks etc.
The fund manager directs the asset allocation into selected sectors, from the theme of Consumption, which have high-growth potential making the fund comparatively less risky
Who Should Invest in this Fund?
- If you are an investor with high-risk appetite, you can opt to invest in this fund
- Investors willing to grow their capital with opportunities in consumption oriented sector
- Thematic funds tend to give high returns during market upturns. However, Investing in a core thematic portfolio is not favourable as during the times of market downturns, these funds can abrade the gains. You can consider investing into multi-cap funds such as Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 fund or SBI Magnum Multicap Fund wherein the fund managers ensure allocation of assets into top companies to get maximum gains
- Investors who are familiar with the changing market trends and are able to make analytical decisions
- The expense ratio for the fund is 2.23% which is slightly higher than diversified equity mutual funds. If you are ready to bear the cost, you can definitely choose this fund
Will You Pay Tax?
If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
Also Read: Can I withdraw my money from a mutual fund?
How to Invest in this Fund Online?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Equity Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Thematic Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Tata India Consumer Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Why Choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are thematic funds?
A. Thematic Mutual Funds are those schemes/funds which invest in the stocks of a particular theme. For example: Infrastructure, Multinational Companies, Consumption etc.
Q. How should I invest in the fund, through SIP or Lump Sum?
A. Investments can be through both the modes SIP and Lump Sum. However, SIP is more convenient, less-risky and also gives the benefit of rupee cost averaging.
Q. Which is riskier sectoral or thematic fund?
A. As far as risk factor is concerned, thematic funds are less-risky because they invest in multiple sectors of a particular theme, diversifying the investment risk to an extent. However, sectoral funds invest in a small number of companies making it riskier.
Q. What is the entry load for Tata India Consumer Fund?
A. No entry load is applicable in this fund
Q. What is the exit load for the fund?
A. If an investor redeems the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. How are returns from this fund Taxed?
A. If returns are withdrawn before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Long Term Capital Gains Tax above capital gains of ₹1 lakh is levied on returns withdrawn after 1 year of investment.
Q. Who is the fund manager and what is her strategy of investment?
A. Sonam Udasi is the Fund Manager of Tata India Consumer Fund. She prefers to invest in equity securities in order to obtain inflation beating returns along with long-term growth of capital. Sonam, with over 22 years of professional experience in portfolio management, advances an analytical approach towards the selection of sectors to invest into, falling under the theme of Consumption.