Tata Ethical Direct Plan-Growth Tata Ethical Direct Plan-Growth Tata Ethical Direct Plan-Growth Tata Ethical Direct Plan-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 01 Apr
₹ 139.64 by -4.66 ( -3.23%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The fund aims to provide medium to long term capital gains by investing in Sharia compliant equity and equity related instruments of well researched value and growth oriented companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
SBI Magnum Equity ESG Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
UTI Transportation and Logistics Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential India Opportunities Fund Direct - GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Manufacture in India Fund Direct - GrowthEquity
Sundaram Services Fund Direct - GrowthEquity
L&T Business Cycles Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Manufacturing Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Exports and Services Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Opportunities Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Tata Ethical Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Cosmetics & Toiletries||7.12|
|Paints & Varnishes||5.24|
|Drugs & Pharma||4.44|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||3.34|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||3.03|
About Tata Ethical Fund
Tata Ethical Fund is an open-ended thematic scheme that allocates its assets based on the principles of Shariah. It invests in companies that are categorised as Shariah compliant companies. A one of a kind fund, it is the only mutual fund in India with a Shariah compliance certification.
Shariah compliant firms are those that follow the principles of Shariah Law (moral code and religious laws of Islam) in their operations. Firms engaged in gambling, alcohol, pork, tobacco, pornography, military equipment, etc are excluded from the list of shariah compliant firms. The fund is further prohibited from investing in fixed-income securities. The fund cannot indulge in any kind of derivatives trading including futures and options.
Who Should Invest in Tata Ethical Fund?
- Investors who want to invest in a multitude of Shariah compliant firms at a cheaper cost, and earn high returns subsequently can opt for Tata Ethical Fund.
- Since the underlying equity securities are quite sensitive to market fluctuations and stock selection is as per the Shariah rules, this fund is suitable for individuals with high risk appetite.
- Investors should have a long term investment horizon (5-6 years), to make substantial gains from the investment, as the invested securities are highly volatile in the short run.
- This fund is apt for investors looking for investment in companies operating in ethical sectors with a certain code of conduct. Shariah compliance of this fund ensures that the equity investment is made in socially responsible firms that adhere to the norms listed under Shariah law.
Taxation- How will this fund be Taxed?
If you withdraw or redeem the units before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Whereas, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above ₹1 lakh will be taxed at 10% after completion of 1 year of investment.
For instance, an investor has made a capital gain of ₹40000 on investment in Tata Ethical Fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹6000.
Also, if the investor has made a capital gain of ₹2 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹1 lakh. Residual ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹10,000.
How to Invest in this Fund Online?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Equity Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Thematic Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Tata Ethical Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Q. What is the entry load for this fund?
A. There is no applicable entry load on the aforementioned fund.
Q. What is the exit load for this scheme?
A. If an investor redeems the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. Which is the better mode of investment for this fund, SIP or Lump-sum investment?
A. Since the aforementioned fund is an equity fund, it is advisable to invest via Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) to average out the cost of units purchased. SIPs effectively counter the risk arising out of market fluctuations.
Q, What is the suggested investment horizon for Tata Ethical Fund?
A. As the underlying equity investment of this fund takes 5-6 years to deliver significant returns , it is advisable to stay invested for at least 7 years, for substantial capital appreciation.
Q. Is there any lock-in period for investment in this scheme?
A. No. Investors can redeem their investment as per their wish and needs.