Tata Digital India Fund Direct-Growth Tata Digital India Fund Direct-Growth Tata Digital India Fund Direct-Growth Tata Digital India Fund Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 07 Aug
₹ 18.69 by -0.13 ( -0.67%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks long term capital appreciation by investing atleast 80% of its net assets in equity/equity related instruments of the companies in Information Technology Sector in India.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
About Tata Digital India Fund
Tata Digital India Mutual Fund is categorised under the sectoral funds which invest in Information Technology Sector. It is an open ended equity scheme with long-term growth of capital as its significant objective. The fund has 95% of the assets invested into equity instruments and the remaining 5% into debt securities.
Sectoral Mutual Funds are the type of schemes wherein the investments are made into a particular sector of the economy. For example: IT, Pharmaceuticals, FMCG etc. These Mutual Funds channel the invested resources to a specific industry or sector.
Tata Digital India Fund has Rs.389 Crores as the current AUM (Assets under management). You can invest in this fund with minimum Rs.5000 as lump sum investment or Rs.500 for SIP. However, you must consider the fact that theme-oriented or sectoral funds are very risky. When one sector witnesses a slowdown, all the companies engaged with that particular sector undergo losses. At times like these, you should be prepared to bear severe losses in case of market downturns .
Who Should Invest in Tata Digital India Fund?
- You should invest in this fund if you are looking for Capital appreciation and prospective capital growth opportunities in the IT sector
- If you are willing to venture into long-term investment plan for capital appreciation, this is a significant option. It is advised to be invested for at least 5 years in order to enjoy satisfactory returns
- Sectoral funds are highly risky which implies that Tata Digital India Fund is suitable for investors who are willing to bear high risks. It is believed that one should avoid investing in schemes which have a narrow investment strategy such as this fund. You can consider multi-cap funds such as Kotak Standard Multicap Fund or Franklin India Focused Equity Fund wherein the fund managers ensure allocation of assets into top companies to get maximum gains
- Investors who are seeking to get high returns and in the IT sector
Will You Pay Tax?
- Capital Gains up to Rs. 1 lakh are exempted from tax payments only when the units of mutual funds are not sold or redeemed before completion of 1 year of investment. And, Capital gains above 1 lakh are taxed 10%
- If the units of mutual fund are sold or redeemed before completion of 1 year of investment, 15% tax is imposed on the entire amount of gains
If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
Also Read: Best Tax Saving Mutual Funds
How to Invest Using Paisabazaar?
Here is a step-by-step guide to invest in this Mutual Fund using Paisabazaar:
- Log-in or Signup to Paisabazaar.com
- Go to Investments in the Menu Bar and click on ‘Mutual Funds’
- Scroll to ‘Sectoral Funds’
- Start a manual search for ‘Tata Digital India Fund’
- Read all the details and terms of the Fund carefully
- Select lump sum or SIP as your investment option and proceed
Paisabazaar allows investors to compare different Mutual Funds before making any investments.
Why You Should Choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, Assets under Management (AUM), etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is it safe to invest in sectoral mutual funds?
A. Sectoral Funds are highly risky funds as during the slowdown of a particular sector, all the funds related to the sector face losses. Hence, sectoral funds are suitable for investors with high risk-appetite.
Q. Which is the better investment mode, SIP or lump sum investment?
A. It is advisable to invest in the fund via the SIP mode in order to offset short-term risks from market fluctuations, gain advantages from the power of compounding and rupee cost averaging
Q. Is this fund open for subscription?
A. Yes, this fund is open for subscription of units.
Q. What is the minimum investment amount?
A. Rs.5000 is minimum investment amount for this fund.
Q. Is there any entry load for the fund?
A. No entry load applicable
Q. What is the exit load for this fund?
A. 0.25% exit load applicable in case of redemption within 91 days of investment.
Q. Who is the fund manager? What is the strategy employed by him?
A. The fund is managed by Sailesh Jain and Meeta Shetty with over 15 years of experience in portfolio management. They have allocated the corpus into potential IT related companies such as Infosys, Tata Consultancy Services, Tech Mahindra, HCL Technologies, Wipro and more.