Sundaram Services Fund Direct - Growth Sundaram Services Fund Direct - Growth Sundaram Services Fund Direct - Growth Sundaram Services Fund Direct - Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 25 Sep
₹ 11.63 by 0.24 ( 2.09%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks capital appreciation by investing in equity / equity related instruments of companies who drive a majority of their income from business predominantly in the Services sector of the economy.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
SBI Magnum Equity ESG Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
UTI Transportation and Logistics Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential India Opportunities Fund Direct - GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Manufacture in India Fund Direct - GrowthEquity
Sundaram Services Fund Direct - GrowthEquity
L&T Business Cycles Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Manufacturing Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Exports and Services Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Opportunities Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Tata Ethical Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||8.68|
|Hotels & Restaurants||2.62|
|Fund House||Sundaram Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Rohit Seksaria|
|Fund Setup Date||29 Aug 2018|
|Address||Sundaram Towers, 2nd Floor, 46, Whites Road, Royapettah|
|Contact||(044) 28583362/ 28583367/ 28569900/1800 103 7237|
About Sundaram Services Fund
An open-ended thematic mutual fund scheme that predominantly invests in equity securities of firms in the Services Sector. The fund has delivered decent returns since its inception last year as the services sector has been the fastest growing sector in the country currently.
The fund invests in services sector which includes healthcare, financial services, fitness, tourism and hospitality, transportation and logistics, wealth management, aviation, etc.
This diversification across various sectors gives stability to the investment portfolio and effectively mitigates market risk. The fund has delivered magnificent returns in the past one year, owing to the exceptional performance of the services sector.
Also Read: Sectoral/Thematic Mutual Funds
Who Should Invest in Sundaram Services Fund?
- Thematic funds offer high returns on investment if the specific theme performs well. The services sector is growing rapidly in the country and it is expected to grow further in the future.
- Investors who have a high risk appetite can consider investing in this fund. However, it is important to have a long-term investment horizon for this investment, ranging from 5-7 years, as the equity securities are quite sensitive to market fluctuations in the short run.
- If an investor doesn’t have much knowledge about the stock market and cannot anticipate the future market trends, it becomes difficult to pick the right thematic fund. Therefore, for a novice investor, it is better to invest in other mutual funds such as Axis Bluechip Fund or DSP Midcap Fund with less inherent risk rather than opting for a thematic fund.
- Overall exposure to a thematic fund in your investment portfolio should not be more than 10-13% of your investment, as they carry huge risk. It should be noted that the fund has substantial allocation to the financial services sector that is not performing well from the past year. This has resulted in lower returns delivered by this fund. This might continue in the future owing to the recent economic slowdown.
Will You Pay Tax?
If you withdraw or redeem the units before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Whereas, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above ₹1 lakh will be taxed at 10% after completion of 1 year of investment.
For instance, an investor has made a capital gain of ₹30000 on investment in Sundaram Services Fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹4500.
Also, if the investor has made a capital gain of ₹2 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹1 lakh. Residual ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹10,000.
How to Invest in Sundaram Services fund online?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Equity Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Thematic Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Sundaram Services Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Q. What is the entry load for this fund?
A. There is no applicable entry load on the aforementioned fund.
Q. What is the exit load for this scheme?
A. If an investor redeems the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. Why has this fund chosen Service Sector as its theme for investment?
A. The fund invests in services sector because the sector is growing with considerable rise in purchasing power, fast growth in social mobility and the ever increasing urbanisation trends. There has been a significant boost in the Services with foreign companies outsourcing their business services from India, and BPO and IT firms growing rapidly. This growth is reflected by the magnificent returns delivered by this fund in the past one year.
Q. Is there any lock-in period for investment in this scheme?
A. No. Investors can redeem their investment as per their wish and needs.
Q. What are the Best Thematic Mutual Funds to invest in 2020?
A. Here is a list of top performing thematic funds one can consider investing in 2019: