Sundaram Select Focus Fund Direct-Growth Sundaram Select Focus Fund Direct-Growth Sundaram Select Focus Fund Direct-Growth Sundaram Select Focus Fund Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
Equity Large Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 22 May
₹ 160.38 by -0.92 ( -0.57%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme aims to generate capital appreciation by investing in a very few select stocks. It will generally hold stocks upto 50 companies each with a market capitalisation of not less than Rs. 500 crores.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Aditya Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
SBI Bluechip Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Top 100 Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Large Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Bluechip Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Mirae Asset Large Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
UTI Mastershare Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Focused Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
DSP Top 100 Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||9.45|
|Cosmetics & Toiletries||3.5|
|Fund House||Sundaram Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Rahul Baijal|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||Sundaram Towers, 2nd Floor, 46, Whites Road, Royapettah|
|Contact||(044) 28583362/ 28583367/ 28569900/1800 103 7237|
About Sundaram Select Focus Fund
The fund is an open-ended equity scheme investing in a maximum of 30 stocks across all sectors, with a focus on companies with large market capitalizations. The fund has 95.41% of its investments in Indian stocks, out of which 74.51% has been invested in large cap stocks and the remaining 11.5% in mid cap stocks.
46.73% of the fund’s assets have been invested in the Financial sector, followed by 11.88% in Energy sector and 8.60% in the Construction sector. The fund’s top holdings include investments at 9.48% in ICICI Bank, 9.36% in HDFC Bank, 8.81% in Reliance Industries and 7.11% in Larsen and Toubro.
Who Should Invest?
- The fund is suitable for you if you are seeking capital appreciation by investing in equity and equity related securities of select stocks
- Since the fund invests only in bigger companies, it tends to fall less when the stock prices fall. Hence, you may consider investing in this fund if you are one of the conservative equity investors
- You may expect the fund to beat the inflation rate and offer returns higher than fixed income options only if you stay invested in the fund for a minimum of 5-6 years. So you are advised to invest in this fund only if you have a similar investment horizon
- All the equity funds are subject to market risks. Being a large-cap fund, you are suggested to invest in this fund only if you are willing to accept the possibility of moderate losses in their investments may consider investing in this fund
- Alternatively, if you are a risk-averse investor, you may also consider investing in small cap and mid cap funds such as Axis Small Cap Fund, Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund or Kotak Emerging Equity Scheme
Taxation- How will they be taxed?
The short term capital gains from the investments in this fund are taxed at 15% if the units are sold within the time period of 1 year from the date of allotment. However, the long term capital gains made on the sale of units priced at over Rs. 1 lakh, within a year from the date of allotment are taxed at 10% without indexation.
For an example –
If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹90000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹13,500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹5.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹4.5Lakh. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹45000.
How to Invest in Sundaram Select Focus Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign in to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Equity Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Sundaram Select Focus Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork. Only direct plans, no regular ones
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, Assets Under Management (AUM), etc. are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Q. What are large cap funds?
A. Mutual funds that invest in stocks of companies with larger market capitalization are called large cap funds. These companies are usually the ones with a good track record and are known to be well established players in the market.
Q. Does this fund come under Section 80C or offers tax benefits?
A. No, the fund does not offer any tax benefits under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
Q. What is Exit Load? Is there any Exit load of this fund?
A. Exit Load is the fee charged from an investor when he decides to quit the scheme and redeem his money. Generally, there is some penalty charged only if funds are redeemed in less than 365 days, otherwise there are usually no charges. The fund applies an exit of 1% if the units are redeemed within 365 days. If not, there is no exit load.
Learn More: How do you withdraw money from a mutual fund?
Q. What is Expense Ratio? Is there any Expense Ratio of this fund?
A. It is the fee charged from the investor for managing his fund money and allocating it to the stocks that can help him earn returns. The fund has an Expense Ratio of 2.33%. (direct plan).
Q. How are the returns of this fund taxed?
If returns are withdrawn before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains (STCG) Tax of 15% is levied. Long Term Capital Gains (LTCG) Tax above capital gains of ₹1 lakh is levied at 10% on returns withdrawn after 1 year of investment.
Q. What is the lock-in period of this fund?
A. There is no lock-in period for the scheme.
Q. Who manages the Sundaram Select Focus fund?
A. Since 11 October 2016, the fund is being managed by Mr. Rahul Baijal. He is a graduate in B.E. Electronics and Communication and holds a postgraduate degree in MBA. Before joining Sundaram Mutual Fund AMC, Rahul Baijal was working with Bharti-AXA Life Insurance. He has also worked with TVF Capital (erstwhile Voyager Capital) for around 7 years.