Sundaram Mid Cap Fund Direct-Growth Sundaram Mid Cap Fund Direct-Growth Sundaram Mid Cap Fund Direct-Growth Sundaram Mid Cap Fund Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
Equity Mid Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 03 Feb
₹ 444.11 by 5.79 ( 1.71%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme aims to achieve capital appreciation by investing in mid-cap stocks. The fund defines 'midcap' as a stock whose market capitalization shall not exceed the market capitalization of the 50th stock (after sorting the securities in the descending order of market capitalization) listed with the NSE.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
HDFC Mid-Cap Opportunities Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Growth Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
Franklin India Prima Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Mid Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
DSP Midcap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
UTI Mid Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Magnum Mid Cap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Kotak Emerging Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
L&T Midcap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Mid Cap Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Tea & Coffee||3.86|
|ACs & Refrigerators||3.11|
|Fund House||Sundaram Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||S Krishna Kumar|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||Sundaram Towers, 2nd Floor, 46, Whites Road, Royapettah|
|Contact||(044) 28583362/ 28583367/ 28569900/1800 103 7237|
About Sundaram Mid Cap Fund
Listed on the S&P BSE Midcap Index, Sundaram Mid cap Fund follows a bottom-up scheme for creating its portfolio. The fund has 96.81% of its assets invested in Indian stocks, out of which 2.8% is in large cap, 66.31% in mid cap stocks and the remaining 24.29% in small cap stocks. The scheme aims to achieve capital appreciation by investing in mid cap stocks. The fund defines ‘midcap’ as a stock whose market capitalization shall not exceed the market capitalization of the 50th stock listed with NSE.
This fund is known to invest in medium-sized companies, which tend to fall more as and when the stock prices fall in comparison to the companies that have larger market capitalization. This implies that you can expect higher returns from your investments only in the longer term. However, the actual market movements may not be as per the fund manager’s expectation which can result in substantial capital losses.
Who Should Invest?
- The fund provides a diversified portfolio investing in companies with medium and small market capitalizations. Therefore, it is suitable for you if you are seeking capital appreciation by investing in diversified stocks
- All the equity funds are subject to market risks. Since this is a midcap fund, you should only consider investing in this fund is you are willing to accept a moderately higher level of risk with their investments
- If you are considering investing in this fund, you must note that long-term investments (a minimum of 5-7 years) made in this fund have higher chances of resulting in the generation of high returns
- You can also look at the CRISIL rating of the fund while making your investment decision, as it gives an idea about the overall performance of the fund over the years, based on its historical returns data and portfolio attributes
Taxation- How will they be Taxed?
The short term capital gains from the investments in this fund are taxed at 15% if the units are sold within the time period of 1 year from the date of allotment. However, the long term capital gains made on the sale of units priced at over Rs. 1 lakh, within a year from the date of allotment are taxed at 10% without indexation.
For an example –
If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹90000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹13,500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹5.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹4.5Lakh. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹45000.
How to Invest in Sundaram Midcap Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign in to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Equity Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Sundaram Midcap Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork. Only direct plans, no regular ones
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, Assets Under Management (AUM), etc. are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Q. What are mid cap funds?
A. Mid cap funds are known to invest in stocks of companies with medium market capitalization. For these companies, the market capitalization ranges between Rs. 500 crore to Rs. 10,000 crore.
Q. Does this fund come under Section 80C or offers tax benefits?
A. No, the fund does not offer any tax benefits under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
Q. What is Exit Load? Is there any Exit load of this fund?
A. Exit Load is the fee charged from an investor when he decides to quit the scheme and redeem his money. Generally, there is some penalty charged only if funds are redeemed in less than 365 days, otherwise there are usually no charges. There is no exit load on the fund.
Q. What is Expense Ratio? Is there any Expense Ratio of this fund?
A. It is the fee charged from the investor for managing his fund money and allocating it to the stocks that can help him earn returns. The fund has an Expense Ratio of 1.93%. (direct plan).
Q. How are the returns of this fund taxed?
A. If returns are withdrawn before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains (STCG) Tax of 15% is levied. Long Term Capital Gains (LTCG) Tax above capital gains of ₹1 lakh is levied on returns withdrawn after 1 year of investment.
Q. What is the lock-in period of this fund?
A. There is no lock-in period for the scheme.
Q. Who manages the Sundaram Midcap fund?
A. A B.Tech graduate from National Institute of Technology Trichy, and an MBA from LIBA Chennai, Mr. S Krishnakumar is the Fund Manager at Sundaram Midcap Fund. Prior to joining this fund, he was working with Anush Shares and Securities.