SBI Small Cap Fund Direct-Growth SBI Small Cap Fund Direct-Growth SBI Small Cap Fund Direct-Growth SBI Small Cap Fund Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
Equity Small Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 27 Dec
₹ 61.16 by 0.28 ( -0.71%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to provide investors with opportunities for long-term growth in capital along with the liquidity of an open-ended scheme by investing predominantly in a well diversified basket of equity stocks of small cap companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Franklin India Smaller Companies Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
DSP Small Cap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
L&T Emerging Businesses Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Kotak Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HSBC Small Cap Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Domestic Electrical Applns.||4.39|
|ACs & Refrigerators||3.13|
|Fund House||SBI Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Vishal Mishra|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||9th Floor-Crescenzo, C-38 & 39- G Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East)|
|Contact||022 - 61793000 / 1800 425 5425|
About SBI Small Cap Fund
SBI Small Cap Fund aims to provide investors with opportunities for long-term capital growth and liquidity of an open-ended scheme while investing predominantly in a well diversified basket of equity stocks. If you are an investor who believes in the market wisdom of high risk fetching higher returns, then SBI Small Cap Fund is one that you may consider investing in the long term.
Benchmarked against S&P BSE Small Cap, the scheme follows a bottom-up approach to select the small cap funds and companies. Having performed remarkably well in the past years, the fund is known to ensure competitive advantage, return on investments made, growth, management, and valuation in its portfolio.
To know about the best small cap funds to invest in 2019, Click Here.
Who Should Invest?
- Small cap funds are popular among retail investors owing to the potential for generating high returns. Investing via SIP will help you benefit from the power of compounding and rupee cost averaging
- Since the fund has a diversified portfolio it will work well for you if you are an aggressive investor; this allows for some amount of risk mitigation as well
- Being a small cap fund, there is a relatively high level of risk involved in this fund. Hence, if you are willing to take such risk in exchange for better returns in the long term (5 to 7 years), then you may consider investing this fund
- If you are one among the risk-averse investors, it is suggested that you invest in large-cap funds such as Axis Bluechip Fund or SBI Bluechip Fund that involve lesser amount of risk.
Will You Pay Tax?
If you have invested in SBI Small Cap Fund, the returns generated will be taxed at 15% if you redeem before a year (Short Term Capital Gains Tax). However, after 1 year, you will be liable to pay a 10% tax on your Long Term Capital Gains Tax on returns of more than Rs. 1 lakh in a financial year.
The scheme charges an Exit Load of 1% in case the investments were made for less than a year, so if you need emergency funds you will have to bear the load.
For an example –
If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment, which makes the payable tax to be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1 Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
Also know: Which mutual fund is best for students?
How to Invest in Axis Long Term Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign in to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Equity Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of SBI Small Cap Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork. Only direct plans, no regular ones
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, Assets Under Management (AUM), etc. are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Q. Should you invest in SBI Small-cap fund?
A. If you have a moderately high risk appetite and patience to earn returns in the long term, then this fund is suitable for you. The diversified portfolio (predominantly investing in equity and equity related instruments), potentially higher returns from small cap funds are attractive aspects of the scheme. However, if tax saving is your prerogative you can look at ELSS options.
Q. What are small cap funds?
A. Small cap funds are those that invest in stocks of large companies or with small market capitalization.
Q. Does come under Section 80C or offer tax benefits?
A. No, the scheme does not come under Section 80C and does not offer any tax benefits.
Q. What is Exit Load?
A. Exit Load is the fee charged from an investor when he decides to quit the scheme and redeem his money. Generally, there is some penalty charged only if funds are redeemed in less than 365 days, otherwise there are usually no charges.
Q. What is Expense Ratio?
A. It is the fee charged from the investor for managing the fund money and allocating it to the stocks that can help him earn returns.
Q. Does the fund have a lock-in period?
A. No, the fund does not have a lock-in period.
Q. What is the fund manager’s style of investment?
A. Mr. R Srinivasan has been at the forefront since November 2013. With an experience of more than 25 years and record of his historical performance, he has gained expertise in managing equity funds. He follows a bottom-up approach implying that he will examine the fundamentals of an individual stock irrespective of the ongoing market trends as a whole.