SBI Savings Fund Direct-Growth SBI Savings Fund Direct-Growth SBI Savings Fund Direct-Growth SBI Savings Fund Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 1000 1
Debt Money Market
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 18 Sep
₹ 33.46 by 0.00 ( 0.01%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to provide the investors an opportunity to invest in money market instruments.
Returns are taxed at Marginal rate of taxation, if you redeem before 36 months. Gains on debt mutual funds held for 36 months or more are treated as long-term capital gains and taxed at the rate of 20% after indexation benefits. Indexation is a technique to adjust tax payments by employing a price index which adjusts for inflation.
ICICI Prudential Money Market Direct-GrowthDebt
Kotak Money Market Fund Direct-GrowthDebt
HDFC Money Market Fund Direct Plan-GrowthDebt
Aditya Birla Sun Life Money Manager Fund Direct-GrowthDebt
UTI Money Market Fund Direct-GrowthDebt
Nippon India Money Market Fund Direct-GrowthDebt
Tata Money Market Fund Direct-GrowthDebt
SBI Savings Fund Direct-GrowthDebt
IDFC Money Manager Fund Direct-GrowthDebt
L&T Money Market Fund Direct-GrowthDebt
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Fund House||SBI Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||R Arun|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||9th Floor-Crescenzo, C-38 & 39- G Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East)|
|Contact||022 - 61793000 / 1800 425 5425|
About SBI Savings Fund
SBI Savings Fund is a type of money market debt fund that invests in bonds that have a maturity period of one year. These funds deliver returns that are higher than that offered by Bank accounts or short term Fixed deposits. Investments in these funds involve negligible risk of incurring a loss, since they invest in fixed income securities. However, these funds do not guarantee returns or safety of capital.
SBI Savings Fund has invested 40.83% of its assets in Certificates of Deposit, 57.91% in Commercial Papers, 1.69% in TREP/CBLO Deposits, and 1.02% in Non-Convertible Debentures. Top holdings of the fund include Certificates of Deposit from IndusInd Bank, Bank of Baroda, Axis Bank, Commercial Paper of Tata Motors.
Who should Invest in SBI Savings Fund?
- SBI Savings Fund should not be considered for investment by retail investors
- Investors who are willing to invest their funds for a short period of time may consider this fund
- However, is you are looking for a fund with an even shorter maturity period (less than 1 year), you may choose to invest in other liquid funds
- If you are interested in investing in mutual funds, but are concerned about the risks involved, then money market funds are a good option for you
- Investors who wish to invest for a very short time period and are looking for alternatives to Bank Accounts and/or Fixed Deposits
Taxation- How is this fund taxed?
- If the fund’s units are sold within 3 years from the date of investment, the entire amount of gains is added to the investor’s income and is taxed as per the investor’s applicable tax slab rate
- If the fund’s units are sold after 3 years from the date of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax (LTCG) is levied on the gains at 20%, after providing the benefit of indexation
- The dividends paid by the mutual fund scheme are taxed at 29.12% (inclusive of surcharge and cess). The investor does not have to pay this tax directly as it will be deducted from his/her dividend income
How to invest in SBI Savings Fund?
Follow the given steps to get started with your SIP or Lump Sum investment into SBI Savings Fund:
- Log-in or Signup to Paisabazaar.com
- Go to Investments in the Menu Bar and click on ‘Mutual Funds’
- Scroll to ‘Money Market Debt Funds’
- Start a manual search for ‘SBI Savings Fund’
- Read all the details and terms of the Fund carefully
- Select lump sum or SIP as your investment option and proceed
Why choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: Who is the fund manager of this fund? What is his/her professional background?
Ans: The fund is managed by Mr. R Arun since April 2012. He holds degrees in B.Com (H), PGDM (Finance) and Financial Risk Management. Prior to joining SBI, he has worked with ING Investment Management, Deutsche Bank India Operations and CRISIL India.
Ques: What is the fund manager’s investment strategy of SBI Savings Fund?
Ans: The fund managers follow an investment strategy that works towards generating stable returns through a portfolio of money market instruments seeking to capture the term and credit spread.
Ques: What is the objective of SBI Savings Fund?
Ans: SBI Savings Fund intends to provide the investors an opportunity to invest in money market instruments.
Ques: What is Expense Ratio? What is the Expense Ratio of SBI Savings Fund?
Ans: Expense Ratio is the fee charged from an investor for managing his money and allocating it to stocks that further help him earn returns from his investments. Expense Ratio of this fund has been fixed at 0.83%.
Ques: Is there any Exit Load on this fund?
Ans: The fund charges an Exit Load of 0.1% if the fund’s units are redeemed within 3 days of allotment.
Ques: Is there any lock-in period in this fund?
Ans: No, the fund does not have any lock-in period.
Ques: What is the minimum and maximum limit for investment in this fund?
Ans: While investing through the SIP mode, the minimum that must be paid is Rs.500. There is no maximum limit on the investment made.