SBI Nifty Index Direct Plan-Growth SBI Nifty Index Direct Plan-Growth SBI Nifty Index Direct Plan-Growth SBI Nifty Index Direct Plan-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
Equity Large Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 22 May
₹ 79.76 by -0.59 ( -0.73%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme is a passively managed index fund, which would invest in all the stocks comprising Nifty 50 Index in the same proportion as their weightage in the index.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Aditya Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
SBI Bluechip Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Top 100 Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Large Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Bluechip Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Mirae Asset Large Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
UTI Mastershare Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Focused Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
DSP Top 100 Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||11.32|
|Cosmetics & Toiletries||3.74|
|Fund House||SBI Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Raviprakash Sharma|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||9th Floor-Crescenzo, C-38 & 39- G Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East)|
|Contact||022 - 61793000 / 1800 425 5425|
About SBI Nifty Index Fund
SBI Nifty Index Fund claims to invest in stocks comprising of the Nifty 50 Index in the same proportion as their weightage in the index. The fund’s objective is to achieve returns equivalent to the Total Returns Index (referred to an index that reflects the returns on the index from index gain/loss plus dividend payments by the constituent stocks) of the Nifty 50 index by minimizing the performance between the benchmark index and the scheme.
Of the 98.44% fund’s investment in Indian stocks, 87.53 have been invested in large cap stocks. The fund has invested around 40.61% of its stocks in the financial sector, followed by energy (15.14%) and IT (12.16%). It’s major investments are in HDFC Bank Ltd. (10.91%), Reliance Industries Ltd. (10.51%) and Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd. (7.84%).
Who Should Invest?
- You must invest in the fund only if you are looking for long-term investments. You should stay invested in the fund for at least 5 years in order to earn gains that beat the inflation rate and are also higher than fixed income options
- All the equity funds are subject to market risks. Being a large-cap fund, you are suggested to invest in this fund only if you are willing to accept the possibility of moderate losses in their investments may consider investing in this fund
- The fund invests only in companies with larger market capitalization. Such funds tend to fall less when the stock prices fall in comparison to those that invest in smaller companies. Hence, the fund is suitable for you if you are a conservative equity investor
- Since investing in the fund is a high-risk bet, you may also consider investing in small and mid-cap funds such as Axis Small Cap Fund, Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund or Kotak Emerging Equity Scheme
Taxation- How will they be taxed?
The fund applies a short term capital gains tax of 15% if the units are sold within 1 year from the date of allotment. If the units worth more than Rs. 1 lakh are sold after 1 year from the date of allotment, a long term capital gains tax of 10% is applied. It must be noted that the given tax rates are exclusive of indexation.
For an example-
If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to invest in SBI Nifty Index Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign in to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Large Cap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of SBI Nifty Index Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork. Only direct plans, no regular ones
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, Assets Under Management (AUM), etc. are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Q. What are large cap funds?
A. Mutual funds that invest in stocks of companies with larger market capitalization are called large cap funds. These companies are usually the ones with a good track record and are known to be well established players in the market.
Q. Does this scheme come under Section 80C or offers tax benefits?
A. No, this fund does not come under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, neither does it offer any tax benefits.
Q. What is Exit Load? Does this particular scheme have an Exit Load?
A. Exit Load is the fee charged from an investor when he decides to quit the scheme and redeem his money. Generally, there is some penalty charged only if funds are redeemed in less than 365 days, otherwise there are usually no charges. The fund has an Exit Load of 0.20% if the units are redeemed within 15 days from the date of allotment. However, if the units are redeemed after that, there is no Exit Load.
Q. What is Expense Ratio? What is the Expense Ratio of SBI Nifty Index Fund?
A. It is the fee charged from the investor for managing his fund money and allocating it to the stocks that can help him earn returns. The fund has an Expense Ratio of 0.69% (direct plan).
Q. Is there a lock-in period for this scheme?
A. The fund does not have a lock-in period.
Q. Who is the fund manager of this fund?
A. The fund is managed by Mr. Raviprakash Sharma since 9 Feb, 2011. He is a graduate in B.Com (Honors), a Chartered Accountant and a CFA (USA). Before joining SBI AMC, Mr. Sharma has worked with HDFC AMC, Citigroup Wealth Advisors India Pvt. Ltd., Kotak Securities, Times Investors Services Pvt. Ltd. and Birla Sun Life Securities.