SBI Long Term Equity Fund Direct Plan-Growth SBI Long Term Equity Fund Direct Plan-Growth SBI Long Term Equity Fund Direct Plan-Growth SBI Long Term Equity Fund Direct Plan-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 1000 1
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 03 Feb
₹ 145.06 by 1.57 ( 2.30%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks capital appreciation through investments in equities, cumulative convertible preference shares and fully convertible debentures and bonds. The scheme was converted into an open-ended plan in November 1999.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Axis Long Term Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Taxsaver Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
SBI Long Term Equity Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief 96 Direct-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund (Tax Saving) Direct Plan - GrowthEquity
DSP Tax Saver Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Taxshield Direct-GrowthEquity
L&T Tax Advantage Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Diversified Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||6.05|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||5.52|
|Drugs & Pharma||4.85|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||4.73|
|Drugs & Pharma||4.59|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||4.55|
|Drugs & Pharma||4.49|
|Drugs & Pharma||4.38|
|Fund House||SBI Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Dinesh Balachandran|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||9th Floor-Crescenzo, C-38 & 39- G Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East)|
|Contact||022 - 61793000 / 1800 425 5425|
About SBI Magnum Tax Gain Fund
SBI Magnum Tax Gain Fund aims to offer the benefit of investments in an equity portfolio, while also offering exemption from tax under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. The fund invests a majority of its assets (at least 80%) in equity and other related securities. The remaining 20%, however, can be invested in other money market instruments.
The fund aims to provide the benefit of investing in a portfolio of equity shares along with offering tax exemption on such investments. However, investments made in this fund are subject to a statutory lock-in period of 3 years from the date of allotment.
Who Should Invest?
- All the equity funds are subject to market risks. Being a multi-cap fund, there is a moderate level of risk involved in this fund. Additionally, since this is an ELSS fund, the scheme is suitable for investors with a smaller risk appetite
- You may consider investing in this fund only if you are willing to invest your money for a period of at least 3 years
- Being an equity linked savings scheme, investments in this fund help investors save taxes of up to 1.5 lakh in a financial year under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. Hence, the fund is suitable for you if you are looking forward to gain from additional tax benefits
Taxation- How will they be taxed?
Investments made in SBI Magnum Tax Gain Fund are eligible for a tax deduction of Rs. 1.5 lakh under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. The scheme also allows a 2-in-1 benefit of investing and tax deduction, along with greater diversification of risk control and a 360-degree research. Being an Equity Linked Savings Scheme, SBI Magnum Tax Gain Fund has a lock-in period of 3 years, which is considered the lowest among all the tax saving alternatives in the country.
For an example-
Let’s say, an individual has ₹2 lakh disposable taxable income in a given financial year, and s/he decides to invest the amount in ELSS. ₹1.5 lakh out of this amount would be exempted from any taxation.₹50,000 would be taxed as per the income tax slab of the investor.
It should be noted that the investment in ELSS remains locked-in for 3 years.
The returns from ELSS are taxed like that from any other equity mutual fund scheme. However, since the units can’t be redeemed before 3 years of investment, only Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% above ₹1 lakh will be levied.
Suppose an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in SBI Magnum Tax Gain Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign in to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘ELSS Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of SBI Magnum Tax Gain Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Also Read: Top Performing SIP Plans 2019-20
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork. Only direct plans, no regular ones
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, Assets Under Management (AUM), etc. are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Q. What are multi cap funds?
A. Multi cap funds are diversified mutual funds that invest in stocks across market capitalization.The portfolio of these funds have large cap, mid cap and small cap stocks.
Q. Does SBI Magnum Tax Gain Fund come under Section 80C or offers tax benefits?
A. Yes, SBI Magnum Tax Gain Fund is an Equity Linked Savings Scheme (ELSS). It is eligible for tax exemption of upto Rs. 1.5 lakh in a financial year under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
Q. What is Exit Load? Does SBI Magnum Tax Gain Fund have an Exit Load?
A. Exit Load is the fee charged from an investor when he decides to quit the scheme and redeem his money. Generally, there is some penalty charged only if funds are redeemed in less than 365 days, otherwise there are usually no charges. No, the fund does not have an Exit Load.
Q. What is Expense Ratio?
A. It is the fee charged from the investor for managing his fund money and allocating it to the stocks that can help him earn returns.
Q. What is the lock-in period of SBI Magnum Tax Gain Fund?
A. Being an Equity Linked Savings Scheme, the fund has a lock-in period of 3 years.
Q. Who is the fund manager of this fund?
A. With historical performance over 17 years, Mr. Dinesh Balachandran has been managing this fund since September 2016. A B.Tech from IIT Bangalore, M.S. from MIT, USA and a CFA degree-holder, Mr. Dinesh had been working with Fidelity Investments before joining SBI Magnum Tax Gain fund.