SBI Magnum Mid Cap Direct Plan-Growth SBI Magnum Mid Cap Direct Plan-Growth SBI Magnum Mid Cap Direct Plan-Growth SBI Magnum Mid Cap Direct Plan-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
Equity Mid Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 25 Sep
₹ 78.02 by 1.30 ( 1.70%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme aims to provide investors with opportunities for long term growth in capital along with the liquidity of an open-ended scheme by investing predominantly in a well-diversified basket of equity stocks of Midcap companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
HDFC Mid-Cap Opportunities Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Growth Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
Franklin India Prima Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Mid Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
DSP Midcap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
UTI Mid Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Magnum Mid Cap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Kotak Emerging Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
L&T Midcap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Mid Cap Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||3.49|
|Drugs & Pharma||3.05|
|Fund House||SBI Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Sohini Andani|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||9th Floor-Crescenzo, C-38 & 39- G Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East)|
|Contact||022 - 61793000 / 1800 425 5425|
About SBI Magnum Midcap Fund
SBI Magnum Midcap Fund works with the idea of offering the investors with opportunities for long term growth in capital by investing predominantly in a well-diversified portfolio. The fund follows a bottom up strategy for stock selection across sectors. The scheme claims to invest a minimum of 65% of its assets in midcap stocks. The remaining assets are invested in equities and equity related instruments and/or debt and money market instruments.
The fund claims to follow a blend of growth and value style of investing while following a bottom-up strategy for stock selection across sectors. Additionally, it is only when you invest in this fund for a longer period will you be able to beat the inflation rate and earn from higher returns. However, you will be bound to witness severe ups and downs along the way.
Who Should Invest?
- Since it is a midcap fund, it offers its investors a diversified portfolio predominantly investing in equity and related securities
- All the equity funds are subject to market risks. Being an equity mid-cap fund, you are suggested to invest in this fund only if you are willing to accept the possibility of moderate losses in their investments may consider investing in this fund
- Being a midcap fund, it offers the possibility of gaining from higher returns over the long term. So you may consider this fund if you are looking to gain higher returns over a longer period of time, a minimum of 5-7 years
Taxation- How will they be taxed?
The fund applies a short term capital gains tax of 15% if the units are sold within 1 year from the date of allotment. If the units worth more than Rs. 1 lakh are sold after 1 year from the date of allotment, a long term capital gains tax of 10% is applied. It must be noted that the given tax rates are exclusive of indexation.
For an example-
If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1 Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in SBI Magnum Midcap Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign in to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of Equity Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of SBI Magnum Midcap Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork. Only direct plans, no regular ones
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, Assets Under Management (AUM), etc. are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Q. What are mid cap funds?
A. Mid cap funds are known to invest in stocks of companies with medium market capitalization. For these companies, the market capitalization ranges between Rs. 500 crore to Rs. 10,000 crore.
Q. Does this scheme come under Section 80C or offers tax benefits?
A. No, this fund does not come under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, neither does it offer any tax benefits.
Q. What is Exit Load? Does this particular scheme have an Exit Load?
A. Exit Load is the fee charged from an investor when he decides to quit the scheme and redeem his money. Generally, there is some penalty charged only if funds are redeemed in less than 365 days, otherwise there are usually no charges. The fund has an Exit Load of 1% if the units are redeemed within 1 year from the date of allotment. However, if the units are redeemed after a year of purchase, there is no Exit Load.
Q. What is Expense Ratio? What is the Expense Ratio of SBI Magnum Midcap Fund?
A. It is the fee charged from the investor for managing his fund money and allocating it to the stocks that can help him earn returns. The fund has an Expense Ratio of 1.22% (direct plan).
Q. Is there a lock-in period for this scheme?
A. The fund does not have a lock-in period.
Q. Who is the fund manager of this fund? What is his past experience?
A. A professional C.A. and B.Com (H) graduate by education, Ms. Sohini Andani is currently the Fund Manager at SBI Magnum Midcap Fund. She has been managing this fund since January 2013 and has delivered historical returns over the period. Prior to joining this fund, she was working with ING Investment Management Pvt. Ltd. Ms. Sohini has a total of around 23 years of professional experience across the financial services sector.