SBI Magnum Global Direct Plan-Growth SBI Magnum Global Direct Plan-Growth SBI Magnum Global Direct Plan-Growth SBI Magnum Global Direct Plan-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 03 Feb
₹ 194.97 by 2.45 ( 1.83%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to provide the investor with the opportunity of long-term capital appreciation by investing in diversified portfolio comprising primarily of MNC companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Cosmetics & Toiletries||9.37|
|Cosmetics & Toiletries||8.83|
|Cosmetics & Toiletries||8.72|
|Bakery & Milling Prod.||8.34|
|Cosmetics & Toiletries||8.01|
|Bakery & Milling Prod.||7.67|
|Bakery & Milling Prod.||7.59|
|Bakery & Milling Prod.||7.12|
|Fund House||SBI Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Anup Upadhyay|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||9th Floor-Crescenzo, C-38 & 39- G Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East)|
|Contact||022 - 61793000 / 1800 425 5425|
About SBI Magnum Global Fund
SBI Magnum Global Fund is an open-ended fund aiming at long-term capital appreciation by investing in MNCs. The AMC follows a bottom-up approach for selecting the stocks across sectors and market capitalization. Delivering historical returns since its inception, the scheme has invested 96.31% of its assets in Indian stocks; out of which 50.92% is in large cap, 22.55% in midcap and the remaining 22.83% in small cap.
The fund can invest upto 80% in MNCs and 20% in equities outside the MNC and/or debt and/or money market instruments. Aiming to provide long term capital appreciation through an active management of investments in diversified portfolio comprising of MNCs.
Who Should Invest?
- Being a high risk bet, the fund is suitable only for investors with a longer investment horizon, a minimum of 5 years
- Since the fund invests in sectors related to a specific theme, there are chances of getting higher returns when the sector experiences boom. Hence, investors willing to take a higher level of risk for a possibility of higher returns must consider investing in this fund
- Since the scheme offers its investors the chance to invest in foreign listed companies and the ones that have a turnover outside India, it should be considered by investors who wish to invest in MNCs and appreciate capital over a long term
- All mutual funds are subject to market risks. Being a thematic fund, there is a moderate level of risk involved in the fund. Hence, if you are investing in this fund, you must be prepared for a relatively higher degree of risk involved
Taxation- How will they be Taxed?
The fund applies a short term capital gains tax of 15% if the units are sold within 1 year from the date of allotment. If the units worth more than Rs. 1 lakh are sold after 1 year from the date of allotment, a long term capital gains tax of 10% is applied. It must be noted that the given tax rates are exclusive of indexation. Additionally, a tax of 10% will be deducted at source for dividends.
For an example-
If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹80000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹12000.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹4 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹3Lakh. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹30,000.
Also Read: Can I withdraw my money from a mutual fund?
How to Invest in SBI Magnum Global Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign in to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Equity-Thematic Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of SBI Magnum Global Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork. Only direct plans, no regular ones
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, Assets Under Management (AUM), etc. are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Q. What are thematic funds?
A. Mutual funds that invest across sectors related to a common theme. These funds are comparatively more broad-based that sectoral funds as they pick companies and sectors united by an idea or a theme.
Q. Does this fund come under Section 80C or offers tax benefits?
A. No, this fund does not come under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, neither does it offer any tax benefits.
Q. What is Exit Load? Does this fund have an Exit Load?
A. Exit Load is the fee charged from an investor when he decides to quit the scheme and redeem his money. Generally, there is some penalty charged only if funds are redeemed in less than 365 days, otherwise there are usually no charges. The fund has an Exit Load of 1% if the units are redeemed within 12 months from the date of allotment. However, if the units are redeemed after a year of purchase, there is no Exit Load.
Q. What is Expense Ratio? What is the Expense Ratio of this particular fund?
A. It is the fee charged from the investor for managing his fund money and allocating it to the stocks that can help him earn returns. The fund has an Expense Ratio of 1.32% (direct plan).
Q. What is the lock-in period of this fund?
A. The fund does not have a lock-in period.
Q. What are some other Thematic Mutual Funds to invest in 2020?
A. Here is a list of top performing thematic funds one can consider investing in 2019:
Q. Who is currently managing the SBI Magnum Global Fund?
A. The fund is currently being managed by Mr. Anup Upadhyay. Owing to his historical performance, he joined SBIFM in 2007, prior to which he was working with SBI Mutual Fund. Mr. Upadhyay completed his B.Tech (Honors) from IIT Kharagpur and holds a PGDM from IIM, Lucknow. He is also a Charter holder of the CFA Institute, USA. With over 11 years of professional experience, Mr. Anup brings along expertise in his professional domain.