SBI Healthcare Opportunities Fund Direct Plan-Growth
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 27 Dec
₹ 132.86 by 0.83 ( 0.34%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to provide the investors with the opportunity of long-term capital appreciation by investing in a diversified portfolio of equity and equity related securities in Healthcare space.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Nippon India Pharma Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Pharma Healthcare And Diagnostics (P.H.D) Fund Direct - GrowthEquity
SBI Healthcare Opportunities Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
UTI Healthcare Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Mirae Asset Healthcare Fund Direct - GrowthEquity
DSP Healthcare Fund Direct - GrowthEquity
Tata India Pharma & HealthCare Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Pharma & Healthcare Fund Direct - GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Drugs & Pharma||10.27|
|Drugs & Pharma||9.56|
|Drugs & Pharma||9.29|
|Drugs & Pharma||8.24|
|Drugs & Pharma||5.65|
|Drugs & Pharma||5.46|
|Drugs & Pharma||4.99|
|Drugs & Pharma||4.93|
|Drugs & Pharma||4.69|
|Drugs & Pharma||4.21|
|Fund House||SBI Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Tanmaya Desai|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||9th Floor-Crescenzo, C-38 & 39- G Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East)|
|Contact||022 - 61793000 / 1800 425 5425|
About SBI Healthcare Opportunities Fund
SBI Healthcare Opportunities is an open-ended fund which aims to provide long-term investment opportunity for the investors. The portfolio of this fund consists of minimum 80% investments in equity and equity related securities in the Healthcare space. The remaining 20% of allocation can be made into sectors other than Healthcare and/or debt or money market securities.
The professional managers of this fund employ bottom-up stock picking strategy to ensure that the portfolio is made up of stocks from best companies in order to achieve the fund objective. Sun Pharmaceuticals Ltd., CIPLA Ltd., DIVI’s Laboratories Ltd., LUPIN Ltd. and Alkem Laboratories Ltd. are the top five holdings from this scheme.
The sectoral breakdown of the fund apparently shows the major asset allocation in Pharma sector (More than 90%). Also, about 3% of the total assets are allocated into Cash & Cash Equivalents and other instruments.
Who Should Invest in this Fund?
- If you are willing to invest your money in the Pharmaceuticals sector, this can be a good investment option for you
- Investors with long-term financial goals should invest in this fund as the suggested investment period is at least 5 years
- Sectoral funds are highly risky which implies that SBI Healthcare Opportunities Fund is suitable for investors who are willing to bear high risks. It is believed that one should avoid investing in schemes which have a narrow investment strategy such as this fund. You can consider multi-cap funds such as Kotak Standard Multicap Fund or Franklin India Focused Equity Fund wherein the fund managers ensure allocation of assets into top companies to get maximum gains
Will You Pay Tax?
- Capital Gains up to Rs. 1 lakh are exempted from tax payments only when the units of mutual funds are not sold or redeemed before completion of 1 year of investment. And, Capital gains above 1 lakh are taxed 10%
- If the units of mutual fund are sold or redeemed before completion of 1 year of investment, 15% tax is imposed on the entire amount of gains
For an example:
If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
Also Read: Top 10 Tax Saving Mutual Funds in India
How to Invest Using Paisabazaar?
Here is a step-by-step guide to invest in this Mutual Fund using Paisabazaar:
- Log-in or Signup to Paisabazaar.com
- Go to Investments in the Menu Bar and click on ‘Mutual Funds’
- Scroll to ‘Sectoral Funds’
- Start a manual search for ‘SBI Healthcare Opportunities Fund’
- Read all the details and terms of the Fund carefully
- Select lump sum or SIP as your investment option and proceed
- Paisabazaar allows investors to compare different Mutual Funds before making any investments.
Why You Should Choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, Assets under Management (AUM), etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is it safe to invest in sectoral mutual funds?
A. Sectoral Funds are highly risky funds as during the slowdown of a particular sector, all the funds related to the sector face losses. Hence, sectoral funds are suitable for investors with high risk-appetite.
Q. Which is the better investment mode, SIP or lump sum investment?
A. It is advisable to invest in the fund via the SIP mode in order to offset short-term risks from market fluctuations, gain advantages from the power of compounding and rupee cost averaging
Q. Is this fund open for subscription?
A. Yes, this fund is open for subscription of units.
Q. What is the minimum investment amount?
A. Rs.500 (SIP) is the minimum investment amount for this fund.
Q. Is there any entry load for the fund?
A. No entry load applicable
Q. What is the exit load for this fund?
A. 0.5% exit load applicable in case of redemption within 91 days of investment.
Q. Who is the fund manager? What is the strategy employed by him?
A. The fund is managed by Mr. Tanmaya Desai with over 10 years of experience in portfolio management. They have allocated the corpus into potential Pharma and Healthcare related companies such as Sun Pharmaceuticals Ltd., CIPLA Ltd., DIVI’s Laboratories Ltd., LUPIN Ltd. and Alkem Laboratories Ltd. etc. He has used Bottom Up stock picking approach to select the best stocks for the portfolio to gain maximum returns.