SBI Focused Equity Fund Direct Plan-Growth SBI Focused Equity Fund Direct Plan-Growth SBI Focused Equity Fund Direct Plan-Growth SBI Focused Equity Fund Direct Plan-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
Equity Multi Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 27 Dec
₹ 165.34 by 1.37 ( -2.87%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to provide the investor with the opportunity of long-term capital appreciation by investing in a concentrated portfolio of equity and equity related securities.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
HDFC Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Kotak Standard Multicap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Multi Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Focused Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
IDFC Multi Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
UTI Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Magnum MultiCap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Cosmetics & Toiletries||6.71|
|Drugs & Pharma||4.73|
|Fund House||SBI Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||R. Srinivasan|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||9th Floor-Crescenzo, C-38 & 39- G Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East)|
|Contact||022 - 61793000 / 1800 425 5425|
About SBI Focused Equity Fund
SBI Focused Equity Fund is an open-ended equity scheme aiming to offer investors the long-term wealth creation opportunity with a focused portfolio of equity and equity related securities of smallcap, midcap and large cap companies. The fund allocated minimum 65% of total assets into equities across multi cap space. It is a flexible fund with 35% allocation into debt and money market securities.
Under this scheme, the fund managers create a concentrated portfolio with investments into companies of different sizes after following the bottom-up approach to stock-picking. The selection of top holdings and allocation of assets is executed in such a way that maximises the gains.
Who Should Invest in this Fund?
- The resources are advised to be kept invested for a minimum span of 5 years to get inflation beating returns. If you are an investor looking for long-term wealth accumulation, you should opt for this scheme
- Individuals with moderate risk appetite should invest in this fund, as there is a wide variety of stocks for the fund manager to choose from. If the market sentient is not in line with the thought process of the investor, the returns from the fund are negatively affected
- Investors who are interested in a diverse but concentrated portfolio which is able to perform in normal as well as polarized markets can invest in this fund. It basically invests in 10-15 (50% to 70%) large cap, 8-12 (20% to 30%) mid cap and 0-10 (20%) small cap stocks
- Investors who are willing to capitalize on the changing market cycles and earn returns through the same should invest in this fund. During different business cycles, the fund manager switches between firms across a range of market capitalization and generate significant returns via this strategy
Will you Pay Tax?
If you withdraw or redeem the units before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Whereas, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above ₹1 lakh will be taxed at 10% after completion of 1 year of investment.
For instance, an investor has made a capital gain of ₹30000 on investment in SBI Focused Equity Fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹4500.
Also, if the investor has made a capital gain of ₹2 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹1 lakh. Residual ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹10,000.
How to Invest in this Fund Online?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Multi Cap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of SBI Focused Equity Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use Returns Calculator to calculate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Why You Should Choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the meaning of multi cap?
A. SEBI classifies all Indian companies on the basis of their capital accruement. It is classified in to large, medium and small companies. The top 100 are large, the next 250 are medium sized and the rest are small ones. When a fund invests in companies of multiple types of capitalizations, it is known as a multi capitalization fund or multi cap fund.
Q. What is the entry load for SBI Focused Equity Fund?
A. There is no applicable entry load for this fund.
Q. What is the exit load for this fund?
A. If an investor redeems the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. Who is the fund manager of this fund? What is his investment strategy?
A. Mr. R. Srinivasan is the fund managers of this SBI Fund. He is a professional in equity analysis. The fund manager has invested in a limited number of stocks in the portfolio, which are well diversified and will help your investments mitigate risks when a sector underperforms. The investment portfolio is largely skewed towards large-cap stocks which makes it relatively safe. Even during a market downturn, large-cap firms tend to be steady and deliver consistent returns. The fund has betted on cyclical as well as defensive sectors.
Q. Which is the better mode of investment for this Fund, SIP or Lump-sum investment?
A. Since the aforementioned fund is an equity fund, it is advisable to invest via Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) to average out the cost of units purchased. SIPs effectively counter the risk arising out of market fluctuations.
Q. Is there any lock-in period for the investments in this fund?
A. No, there is no lock-in period but it is advised that the corpus must be kept invested for a minimum time span of 5 years to generate best returns.