SBI Bluechip Direct Plan-Growth SBI Bluechip Direct Plan-Growth SBI Bluechip Direct Plan-Growth SBI Bluechip Direct Plan-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
PB Recommended Equity Large Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 25 Sep
₹ 40.33 by 0.95 ( 2.42%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to provide investors with opportunities for long-term growth in capital through an active management of investments in a diversified basket of large cap equity stocks (as specified by SEBI/AMFI from time to time).
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Aditya Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
SBI Bluechip Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Top 100 Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Large Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Bluechip Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Mirae Asset Large Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
UTI Mastershare Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Focused Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
DSP Top 100 Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Drugs & Pharma||4.99|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||4.5|
|Fund House||SBI Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Sohini Andani|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||9th Floor-Crescenzo, C-38 & 39- G Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East)|
|Contact||022 - 61793000 / 1800 425 5425|
About SBI Bluechip Fund
SBI Bluechip Fund is an open-ended long-term growth mutual fund scheme that seeks to provide you with capital growth and wealth generation. The fund invests 80% of the corpus in stocks and concentrates on blue chip (large cap) companies. The well established companies that are financially sound have brand equities and quality stocks in the market, bolstering safety and reliability as they are possibly the market leaders.
Nonetheless, predominant investment in diverse large cap equities and equity related instruments exposes it to risks. The scheme’s portfolio comprises investments in Financial sectors, Energy, Consumer Goods, Automobile, etc.
Who Should Invest in SBI Bluechip Fund?
- If you are looking to earn returns by investing into mutual funds but with slightly lesser risk, this could be the fund for you
- An ideal investment into the fund would be for a period of 3-5 years for capital appreciation. It is advisable to stay invested for a medium to long term owing to recent market fluctuations
- If your goal is wealth creation and maintaining some amount of liquidity. The fund has generated high returns previously and investment portfolio helps securing liquidity of your funds
- Assuming you are going to be invested for a longer term, the SIP route of investment will help you reap the benefits of the power of compounding and rupee cost averaging. (The fund does allow lump sum investments as well SIP
Equity Funds are always meant for the investors who can bear high risks but the Bluechip Funds promises investment in large cap stocks that can bear the slowdown in the market, although it can not be guaranteed. Therefore, if your appetite for risk is moderate, you could choose this equity fund.
Also Read: What are Large Cap Funds?
Will You Pay Tax?
If you withdraw or redeem the units before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Whereas, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above ₹1 lakh will be taxed at 10% after completion of 1 year of investment.
Let’s say, an individual has ₹2 lakh disposable taxable income in a given financial year, and s/he decides to invest the amount in ELSS. ₹1.5 lakh out of this amount would be exempted from any taxation.₹50,000 would be taxed as per the income tax slab of the investor.
It should be noted that the investment in ELSS remains locked-in for 3 years.
The returns from ELSS are taxed like that from any other equity mutual fund scheme. However, since the units can’t be redeemed before 3 years of investment, only Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% above ₹1 lakh will be levied.
Suppose an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in SBI Bluechip Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Large Cap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of SBI Bluechip Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use Returns Calculator
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Why Should You Choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Should you invest in SBI Bluechip Fund?
A. If you can tolerate moderate risks and you can stay invested for a span of 3-5 years then you can consider the fund for substantial capital appreciation. It is also one of the highly ranked funds by CRISIL.
Q. What is a blue chip company and why is it called so?
A. A renowned large capitalization with good reputation in the market is a blue chip company. The term ‘Blue Chip’ comes from the game of Poker in which blue chips hold the highest value.
Q. Is it beneficial to invest via open-ended (lumpsum) or SIP?
A. SIP (Systematic Investment Plan) is considered efficient and convenient mode of investment that is beneficial in the long term investment. It also reduces financial burden as one needs to invest periodically and provides the benefit of rupee averaging cost.
Q. What is the entry load for this fund?
A. There is no applicable entry load on the aforementioned fund.
Q. What is the exit load for this scheme?
A. If an investor redeems the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. Is there any lock-in period for investment in this scheme?
A. No. Investors can redeem their investment as per their wish and needs.
Q. What is the fund manager’s style of investment?
A. Ms. Sohini Andani is the Fund Manager who has been at the helm since September 2010. He has allocated the major portion of the corpus in equities of various bluechip companies to accrue maximum returns. Its major holdings include well-performing companies like HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Larsen & Toubro among others.