Nippon India US Equity Opportunities Fund Direct-Growth
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 27 Dec
₹ 19.01 by -0.01 ( 0.04%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to provide long term capital appreciation to investors by primarily investing in equity and equity related securities of companies listed on recognized stock exchanges in the US and the remaining in debt and money market securities in India.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Franklin India Feeder Franklin US Opportunities Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
DSP World Gold Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
DSP US Flexible Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential US Bluechip Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Franklin Asian Equity Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Global Stable Equity Fund (FOF) Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life International Equity Fund Plan A Direct-GrowthEquity
Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF Direct - GrowthEquity
Edelweiss ASEAN Equity Off Shore Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Edelweiss Greater China Equity Off-shore Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Other Fin. Instns.||6.28|
|Transport Support Services||5.38|
|Drugs & Pharma||4.55|
|Fund House||Reliance Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Kinjal Desai|
|Fund Setup Date||03 Jul 2015|
|Address||Reliance Centre, 7th Floor, South Wing Off Western Express Highway Santacruz (East)|
|Contact||(022) 33031000 / 1800 300 11111|
About Nippon India Us Equity Opportunities Fund
The fund has an investment objective of providing long term capital appreciation to investors by predominantly investing in equity and equity related securities of companies that are listed on recognized stock exchanges of the US. The fund also tends to generate consistent returns by investing in debt and money market securities in India.
The fund has 87.5% of its investments in equity and 12.5% in cash and cash equivalents. A major part (21.52%) of the fund’s investments have been allocated to the technology sector, followed by the Financial sector (17.58%) and Services sector (15.18%).
Who should Invest?
- The fund holds the possibility of gaining high returns over the long term. Therefore, if you are looking to invest your money for a period of at least 3-4 years, this fund tends to meet your investment objective
- The fund suits investors looking to create a diversified portfolio as it offers high exposure by investing in market leaders with established businesses
- All the equity funds are subject to market risks. You are advised to invest in this fund only if you are willing to accept a certain level of risk with your investments since it involves a moderate level of risk
- You can also look at the CRISIL rating of the fund while making your investment decision, as it gives an idea about the overall performance of the fund over the years, based on its historical return data and portfolio attributes
Taxation- How will they be Taxed?
The fund applies a short term capital gains tax of 15% if the units are sold within 1 year from the date of allotment. If the units worth more than Rs. 1 lakh are sold after 1 year from the date of allotment, a long term capital gains tax of 10% is applied. It must be noted that the given tax rates are exclusive of indexation.
Additionally, the investors do not have to pay any tax on dividends received, but a Dividend Distribution Tax (DDT) is deducted by the AMC at source.
For an example –
If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹5Lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹4Lakh. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹40,000.
How to Invest in Nippon India Equity Opportunities Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign in to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Equity Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Nippon India Equity Opportunities Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork. Only direct plans, no regular ones
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, Assets Under Management (AUM), etc. are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Q. What are large cap funds?
A. Mutual funds that invest in stocks of companies with larger market capitalization are called large cap funds. These companies are usually the ones with a good track record and are known to be well established players in the market.
Q. Does this scheme come under Section 80C or offers tax benefits?
A. No, this fund does not come under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, neither does it offer any tax benefits.
Q. What is Exit Load? Does this particular scheme have an Exit Load?
A. Exit Load is the fee charged from an investor when he decides to quit the scheme and redeem his money. Generally, there is some penalty charged only if funds are redeemed in less than 365 days, otherwise there are usually no charges. The fund has an Exit Load of 1% if the units are redeemed within 1 year from the date of allotment. However, if the units are redeemed after a year of purchase, there is no Exit Load.
Q. What is Expense Ratio? What is the Expense Ratio of this specific fund?
A. It is the fee charged from the investor for managing his fund money and allocating it to the stocks that can help him earn returns. The fund has an Expense Ratio of 2.67% (direct plan).
Q. Is there a lock-in period for this scheme?
A. The fund does not have a lock-in period.
Q. Who are the fund managers of this fund?
A. The fund is currently being managed by two fund managers-
Anju Chhajer, a graduate in B.Com Honors and a professional Chartered Accountant has been managing the fund since 3 July, 2015. Prior to joining Nippon India AMC, she has worked with National Insurance Company as a Money Maker Instruments.
Ms. Kinjal Desai is managing the fund since 25 May, 2018. She holds an MSc degree in Economics and is appointed as Associate Equity Investments at RNAM, assisting lead research, idea generation and sector monitoring, while also assisting fund managers in Stock selection and monitoring overseas investments.