Nippon India Multi Cap Fund Direct-Growth
Equity Multi Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 27 Dec
₹ 104.66 by 1.68 ( -0.72%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme aims to invest in stocks across those sectors and industries where India's strong inherent potential is increasingly becoming visible to the world, which are driving our economy and whose fundamental future growth is influenced by ongoing economic reforms, FDI inflows and infrastructural changes.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
HDFC Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Kotak Standard Multicap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Multi Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Focused Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
IDFC Multi Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
UTI Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Magnum MultiCap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Hotels & Restaurants||3.96|
|Fund House||Reliance Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Viral Berawala|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||Reliance Centre, 7th Floor, South Wing Off Western Express Highway Santacruz (East)|
|Contact||(022) 33031000 / 1800 300 11111|
About Nippon India Multicap Fund
Nippon India Multicap Fund is an open-ended multicap equity scheme which means that it invests in diverse categories of small-cap, mid-cap and large-cap stocks. This multicap fund focuses on long-term wealth accumulation with adequate opportunities of growth offered as a result of investments made in equities & equity-related securities.
According to the historical returns of the last 10 years, the fund has been able to generate unfailing returns by investing into equities and employing a diverse portfolio of cyclical as well as defensive sectors, which helps to mitigate market risk.
As the fund mainly invests in the equity securities from top companies such as State Bank of India, ICICI Bank Ltd., Larsen & Toubro Limited, The Indian Hotels Company Ltd., HDFC Bank Ltd. etc, the returns are relatively higher and safe.
Who Should Invest in this Fund?
- The investments in this fund must be kept invested for at least 5 years to accomplish the financial goal. Hence, it is suitable for investors who are comfortable with medium to long-term investment horizon
- Nippon India Multicap Fund is a moderately risky fund in which the value of funds may fluctuate due to rise and fall in the value of the index. Investors with moderate risk appetite should go for investment in this fund. You can also consider large cap funds such as ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund or SBI Bluechip Fund because investments into large cap companies are minutely affected by market fluctuations
- If you are willing to invest in Mutual Funds but do not want to distress over stock-picking and deciding which fund would suit your objective of capital accumulation, this fund is apt for you
- The fund managers keep switching between firms across a range of market capitalization and generate significant returns through the strategy. This makes the fund suitable for investors who are willing to bet and capitalise on the changing market cycle
- Higher turnover ratio and transaction costs are involved in multicap funds because of the regularised management required to restrain gains. You should initiate your investment only if you are ready to make these payments
Will you pay tax?
- When the units of the scheme are not sold or redeemed within 1 year of investment, Capital Gains up to Rs. 1 lakh are exempted from tax payments. And, Capital gains above 1 lakh are taxed 10%
- When the units of mutual fund are sold or redeemed before completion of 1 year of investment, 15% tax is imposed on the entire amount of gains
Here is an example:
If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in Nippon India Multicap Fund Online?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to Direct Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Multicap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Nippon India Multicap Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Why Choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, the CRISIL Mutual Funds Ranking (CMFR) etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the entry load for Nippon India Multicap Fund?
A. No entry load is applicable on this fund.
Q. What is the exit load for this fund?
A. If an investor redeems the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. Which is the better mode of investment for Nippon India Multicap Fund, SIP or Lump-sum investment?
A. Since this is an equity fund, it is advisable to invest through Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) as it will average the costs of MF units purchased. SIPs effectively counter the risk arising out of market fluctuations.
Q. How are returns from this fund Taxed?
A. If returns are withdrawn before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Long Term Capital Gains Tax above capital gains of ₹1 lakh is levied on returns withdrawn after 1 year of investment.
Q. What are the other Multicap Funds to invest?
A. Here is a list of top performing Multicap Funds one can consider investing in 2020:
Q. Who is the fund manager? What strategy does he use?
A. Mr. Shailesh Raj Bhan is managing this fund since 2005 with a strategy to organise a portfolio composed of stocks from the sectors and industries with inherent potential portraying the stronger side of the Indian market.