Nippon India Large Cap Fund Direct-Growth
PB Recommended Equity Large Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 27 Dec
₹ 38.54 by 0.53 ( 0.04%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to generate long term capital appreciation by investing predominantly into equity and equity related instruments of large cap companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Aditya Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
SBI Bluechip Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Top 100 Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Large Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Bluechip Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Mirae Asset Large Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
UTI Mastershare Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Focused Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
DSP Top 100 Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Fund House||Reliance Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Sailesh Raj Bhan|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||Reliance Centre, 7th Floor, South Wing Off Western Express Highway Santacruz (East)|
|Contact||(022) 33031000 / 1800 300 11111|
About Nippon India Large Cap Fund
Formerly known as Reliance Large Cap Fund, Nippon India Large Cap Fund is an open-ended Equity Mutual Fund which, for the most part, invests in equity and equity-related instruments of large cap companies (top 100 companies). This Mutual Fund scheme focuses on assisting in the long-term capital appreciation. On the other hand, the derivative investments are made in debts, money market securities, REITs and InvITs for consistent returns.
Large Cap companies are organisations with a well-structured business plan, good work record and stable corporate practices. Large Cap Equity Funds are those Funds which invest a considerable amount of resources into companies with large market capitalisation.
Since Nippon India Large Cap Fund is an equity Mutual Fund, 75.07% of the assets under are apportioned into large cap stocks which eventually enables the investors to get advantage from the orderly performance of the companies. There are 43 number of stocks under the fund portfolio with investments made predominantly into Financial, Engineering, Energy and Automobile sectors.
Who Should Invest in this Fund?
- You should invest in Nippon India large cap fund only if you are willing to invest your resources for long-term capital appreciation. 5-7 years is the ideal and advised investment horizon for the fund
- This is a suitable investment option for investors who are not reluctant to take market risks because the principal will be at high risk and there is a chance that the financial goal may not be accomplished
- Investing in selected stocks has its own share of risks. There are chances of getting decent returns but the possibility of drowning in market downturns are not subdued. You can alternatively invest in mid-cap or small-cap fund such as DSP mid-cap fund or SBI Small Cap Fund in order to maintain moderation in risks
- If you’re not well-versed with the functioning of financial markets, or cannot keep a regular track of the market sentiment, then you can opt for this fund to invest in India’s leading companies instead of independently selecting stocks
Will You Pay Tax?
There is tax exemption on gains up to Rs. 1 lakh in case the units of the fund are sold after completion of 1 year of investment. And, capital gains above Rs. 1 lakh are taxed at 10%.
Also, if the units of the fund are sold within 1 year of investment, the entire amount of gains are taxed at 15%.
Let’s look at an example:
If your investment into an equity fund has made a capital gain of ₹50,000, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if you withdraw the amount within one year of investment. And, the payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if there is a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and this amount is withdrawn after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50,000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in Nippon India Large Cap Fund?
- Log-in or Signup to Paisabazaar.com
- Scroll to ‘Investments’ in Menu Bar and choose ‘Mutual Fund’ option
- Click on ‘Large Cap Funds’
- Search and Navigate to Nippon India Large Cap Fund
- Read the details of the fund carefully
- Fill in the details that are asked for and proceed
- You can compare different funds and choose the best investment plan for your financial goal
Why Should You Choose Paisabazaar?
- Paisabazaar is a recognized platform where you can compare more than 1700 funds which suits your financial plan
- You don’t have to pay any commissions at all and there is no requirement of any paperwork
- The funds are segregated into Equity, Debt, Hybrid and other types which further make it easy for investors to select the most suitable investment option
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What should be the preferred mode of investment, SIP or Lump Sum?
A. SIP investments are comparatively more convenient as you could reduce your risk exposure, gives benefit from the power of compounding and rupee cost averaging
Q. What is the entry load for Nippon India Large Cap Fund?
A. No entry load is charged to invest in Nippon India Large Cap Fund
Q. What is the exit load for Nippon India Large Cap Fund?
A. In case the investor redeems the 10% of purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, there is no exit load levied. If more than 10% of investment are redeemed, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. How are returns from Nippon India Large Cap Fund Taxed?
A. In case the returns are withdrawn before completion of one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is applied. Long Term Capital Gains Tax above capital gains of Rs.1 lakh is applied on returns withdrawn after 1 year of investment.
Q. What is the minimum investment amount for Nippon India Large Cap Fund?
A. To invest in Nippon India Large Cap Fund, individuals can make investments through Systematic Investment Plan with a minimum amount of Rs.100 only. For lump sum investments, minimum Rs.5000 must be invested.
Q. Who is the manager of this fund? What is his investment strategy?
A. Nippon India Large Cap Fund is managed by Mr. Shailesh Raj Bhan who has been monitoring and managing the portfolios of other funds such as Nippon India Pharma Fund, Nippon India Consumption Fund, Nippon India Multi Cap Fund and Nippon India Large Cap Fund. With the professional experience of about 19 years in the equity market, Mr.Bhan centres his decisions on extensive research of market capitalisation and sentiment. They have placed 99% of the capital into equity with the derivative investments made in debts, money market securities, REITs and InvITs for consistent returns to ensure that the financial goals are timely met.