Nippon India Growth Fund Direct- Growth
Equity Mid Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 20 Nov
₹ 1174.71 by 5.25 ( 0.45%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme aims at long term growth of capital through research based investment approach. The funds will be invested in Equity and equity related instruments,and there will be an exposure to debt and money market instruments also.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
HDFC Mid-Cap Opportunities Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Growth Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
Franklin India Prima Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Mid Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
DSP Midcap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
UTI Mid Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Magnum Mid Cap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Kotak Emerging Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
L&T Midcap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Mid Cap Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Hotels & Restaurants||2.43|
|Cotton & Blended Yarn||2.4|
|ACs & Refrigerators||2.33|
|Fund House||Reliance Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Tejas Sheth|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||Reliance Centre, 7th Floor, South Wing Off Western Express Highway Santacruz (East)|
|Contact||(022) 33031000 / 1800 300 11111|
What are Growth Mutual Funds?
Equity Mutual Funds that predominantly invests in a portfolio of diversified growth stocks to fulfill the primary objective of long term capital appreciation. These funds look for companies with sustainable business models and a high growth potential.
Most of the underlying companies reinvest their earnings for business expansion, research and development of the firm, and other related avenues.
Nippon India Growth Fund
Previously known as Reliance Growth Fund, Nippon India Growth Fund is an open-ended mutual fund scheme that primarily invests in equity securities of emerging companies that offer high growth opportunities. Most of these firms don’t offer any dividend payout as the proceeds are reinvest for further business development.
The fund, since its inception in October 1995, has grown over 83 times owing to its excellent investment philosophy and proficient stock selection.
Manish Gunwani, the fund manager of Nippon India Growth Fund, believes in investing in a mix of market leaders and emerging leaders. This helps in capturing the positives of both, with the former delivering risk-free returns and latter giving a jump to the annualized returns.
What You Could Gain?
- Since the majority of assets are invested in equity of mid-cap growth companies, they offer a high chance of earning significant returns in the long run.
- The fund has substantial exposure to companies that have the potential to increase their profitability.
- The high-risk, high-return mantra works well in the long run, as the highs and lows of financial markets stabilize over a long time frame.
- Even though the fund’s investment portfolio is largely skewed towards midcap firms, it is well diversified in terms of sectoral allocation, which mitigates market risk upto a certain extent.
What You Could Lose?
- The equity securities of companies that the fund invests in are highly volatile. This is one of the most notable disadvantages of investing in this fund. Therefore, it is advisable to invest a portion of your total investments in growth funds, and not the whole of it.
- There is zero dividend payout to investors in growth funds.
Who Should Invest in Nippon India Growth Fund?
- Investors with high risk appetite should opt for this fund as the underlying securities are highly prone to market volatility.
- Investors with a long investment horizon ranging from 5-10 years, with no retirement plan in the near future can invest in Nippon India Growth Fund, since in the short term, the underlying securities carry high market risk.
How to Invest in Nippon India Growth Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Mid Cap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Nippon India Growth Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details.
- You can also compare similar funds as well as use Mutual Fund Returns Calculator to calculate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lumpsum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the entry load for the fund ?
A. There is no applicable entry load on the aforementioned fund.
Q. What is the exit load for this fund’s Direct Growth Plan?
A. If an investor redeems the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. Which is the better mode of investment for Nippon India Growth Fund, SIP or Lump-sum investment?
A. Since the aforementioned fund is an equity fund, it is advisable to invest via Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) to average out the cost of units purchased. SIPs effectively counter the risk arising out of market fluctuations.
Q. How are returns from this fund taxed?
A. If returns are withdrawn before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Long Term Capital Gains Tax above capital gains of ₹1 lakh is levied on returns withdrawn after 1 year of investment.