Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund Direct-Growth Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund Direct-Growth Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund Direct-Growth Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 1000 1
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 22 May
₹ 38.39 by -0.41 ( -1.06%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme aims to generate long-term capital appreciation from a portfolio that is invested predominantly in equity and equity related instruments.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Axis Long Term Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Taxsaver Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
SBI Long Term Equity Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief 96 Direct-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund (Tax Saving) Direct Plan - GrowthEquity
DSP Tax Saver Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Taxshield Direct-GrowthEquity
L&T Tax Advantage Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Diversified Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||6.93|
|Coal & Lignite||4.51|
|Two & Three Wheelers||4.29|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||4.17|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||3.7|
|Fund House||Reliance Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Viral Berawala|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||Reliance Centre, 7th Floor, South Wing Off Western Express Highway Santacruz (East)|
|Contact||(022) 33031000 / 1800 300 11111|
About Nippon India Tax Saver Fund
This is an open ended equity linked saving scheme with a regulated lock-in period of 3 years. Nippon India Tax Saver Fund (ELSS) revolves around the objective of long-term capital appreciation from a portfolio which consists of investments made into equity and equity related securities. The latest NAV of the Mutual Fund is recorded as 57.82 Crores followed by 96.51% of assets allocated into equities and the remainder into Cash & Cash Equivalents.
Nippon India Tax Saver Fund has last recorded AUM worth Rs. 9827 Crores and a corpus predominantly invested in the Financial sector. The top holdings of the fund include ICICI Bank, State Bank of India, Larsen & Toubro and Tata Steel. If you want to invest in equities and accrue inflation beating returns, you can invest in this fund.
You must invest into this fund using the SIP mode which is not just convenient but also ensures that the investors enjoy power of compounding and rupee cost averaging
Also Read: Which Mutual Fund is Best for Students?
Who Should Invest in this Fund?
- If you are an investor with a long-term financial goal to accomplish, this is one investment option which you can choose
- Since there is a lock-in period of 3 years in this fund, it is not suitable if you want to withdraw your money any sooner. As an alternate, you can consider investing into Liquid funds such as Axis Liquid Fund to enjoy easy liquidity
- The investors who want to invest into potential companies with a consistent business plan. Assets are significantly allocated into Multinational Companies motivating better growth
- Investments into equity and equity related instruments make the fund a moderately risky investment option. Market fluctuations may directly affect the returns from the fund.
Will You Pay Tax?
The returns from ELSS are taxed like that from any other equity mutual fund scheme. However, since the units can’t be redeemed before 3 years of investment, only Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% above ₹1 lakh will be levied.
Let’s say, an individual has ₹2 lakh disposable taxable income in a given financial year, and s/he decides to invest the amount in ELSS. ₹1.5 lakh out of this amount would be exempted from any taxation.₹50,000 would be taxed as per the income tax slab of the investor.
It should be noted that the investment in ELSS remains locked-in for 3 years.
Suppose an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in the Fund Using Paisabazaar?
Follow the given steps to get started with your SIP or Lump Sum investment into Nippon India Tax Saver Fund:
- Log-in or Signup to Paisabazaar.com
- Go to Investments in the Menu Bar and click on ‘Mutual Funds’
- Scroll to ‘ELSS’
- Start a manual search for ‘Nippon India Tax Saver Fund’
- Read all the details and terms of the Fund carefully
- Select lump sum or SIP as your investment option and proceed
Paisabazaar allows investors to compare different Mutual Funds before making any investments.
Why You Should Choose Paisabazaar.com?
- It is a trusted website for its financial services
- No commissions or hidden charges applied
- Investors are not asked to indulge into any kind of paperwork
- Allows the users to compare more than 1500 Mutual Funds under one roof and saves them from visiting multiple websites for each AMC
- Easy Access to different categories of funds- ELSS, Hybrid, Equity, Debt etc
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Frequently asked Questions
Q. Is there any lock-in period in Nippon India Tax Saver Fund?
A. Yes, 3 years is the statutory lock-in period for this fund
Q. What is the minimum investment amount?
A. Rs.500 is the minimum amount of investment for both SIP and Lump-sum investments.
Q. How are returns from the fund taxed?
A. Maximum Rs. 1.5 Lakh Per annum Investments in ELSS qualify for income deductions under section 80C of the Income Tax act. Long-term Capital Gains up to Rs.1 Lakh are tax-free.
Q. What is the exit load for the Fund?
A. There is no exit load applicable under this Mutual Fund.
Q. What is the entry load for the fund?
A. There is no entry load applied on this Fund.
Q. Who is the fund manager? What is the strategy for investment?
A. Since August 2005, this fund is managed by Ashwani Kumar who prefers to direct the assets into equities because equity, as an asset class for investments, generate satisfactory returns and helps in wealth creation for a longer period of time.