Nippon India Small Cap Fund Direct- Growth Nippon India Small Cap Fund Direct- Growth Nippon India Small Cap Fund Direct- Growth Nippon India Small Cap Fund Direct- Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
PB Recommended Equity Small Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 26 May
₹ 31.62 by 0.19 ( 0.61%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to generate long term capital appreciation by investing predominantly in equity and equity related instruments of small cap companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Franklin India Smaller Companies Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
DSP Small Cap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
L&T Emerging Businesses Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Kotak Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HSBC Small Cap Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Tea & Coffee||2.61|
|Drugs & Pharma||2.12|
|Fund House||Reliance Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Dhrumil Shah|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||Reliance Centre, 7th Floor, South Wing Off Western Express Highway Santacruz (East)|
|Contact||(022) 33031000 / 1800 300 11111|
About Nippon India Small Cap Fund
This is an open-ended Equity Mutual Fund Scheme, primarily investing in equity and equity related securities of small cap companies. The top 3 holdings under this fund are- Deepak Nitrite, Zydus Wellness and Navin Fluorine International.
The fund has 117 stocks with majority of assets (> 70%) allocated in the stocks of small-cap companies. This fund is a moderately risky fund with average risk grade but above average returns grade. So, if you are not reluctant to take risks, this can be a good investment option.
To know about the best small cap funds to invest in 2019, Click Here
Who Should Invest in Nippon India Small Cap fund?
- Small cap funds are popular among retail investors owing to the potential for generating high returns. Investing via SIP will help you benefit from the power of compounding and rupee cost averaging
- If you are an investor seeking long-term investment plan and consistent growth, you can opt for this fund. For best returns, it is advisable to keep the assets invested for at 5 to 7 years; giving enough time for the invested resources to grow
- During market upturns, you may get a chance to get advantage of High return potential and attractive valuations involved in equity funds
- Since this is a small cap fund, it is susceptible to suffers from high market risks. Hence if your risk appetite is low, you should avoid investing in this fund. If that is the case, investing in a multi-cap fund such as Kotak Standard Multicap Fund or Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund would be better. Multi-cap funds invest in different companies which adds diversity to the portfolio and helps balance the market risks
- The returns from this fund face erosions when the market is on the downturn, implying that your investment period for Nippon India Small Cap Fund should ideally be long term to earn favourable returns
Will You Pay Tax?
The short-term capital gains (capital gains earned on holding period up to 1 year) are taxed at 15% whereas long-term capital gains exceeding Rs.1 Lakh will be taxed at 10%
The scheme charges an Exit Load of 1% in case the investments were made for less than a year, so if you need emergency funds you will have to bear the load.
For an instance: If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in Nippon India Small Cap Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Small Cap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Nippon India Small Cap Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Why You Should Choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Should you invest Nippon India Small Cap Fund?
A. If you have a high risk appetite, then Nippon India Small Cap fund can provide you high returns as well, when you have a longer term investment horizon. You could also take a look at the returns earned by the scheme previously, the CRISIL rank and the riskometer for a better understanding of the fund
Q. What is the minimum amount of investment required in this fund?
A. If you want to invest in Nippon India Small Cap Fund, the minimum investment amount is Rs. 5,000. It is a good exercise to use the SIP calculator to estimate returns that you will earn.
Q. How should invest in this fund, through SIP or Lump Sum?
A. In order to reduce your risk exposure and benefit from the power of compounding and rupee cost averaging you could invest via SIP
Q. What is the entry load for the Fund?
A. No entry load is applicable for the fund.
Q. Does the fund accept lump sum investments?
A. No. Since March 26th, 2018, Nippon India Asset Management Company has discontinued lump sum investments in this fund because of the overflow of investments into small cap funds.
Q. What is the exit load for this fund?
A. Exit load of 1% will be charged in case of redemption or switching out on/before completion of 1 year (from allotment date of units).
Q. What is the fund manager’s style of investment?
A. This fund is managed by Mr. Samir Rachh who has an overall experience of more than 25 years in the field. He startegises to invest in a precise set of stocks and sectors in order to earn consistent returns. He has given outsized exposure to Chemicals, Engineering, Financial and FMCG companies with combined weight of around 45% of total assets. Also, the major portion of corpus is allocated in equities of various companies such as Deepak Nitrite, Credit Access Grameen and Orient Electrics, to accomplish the financial goals and accrue maximum returns.