Nippon India Growth Fund Direct- Growth Nippon India Growth Fund Direct- Growth Nippon India Growth Fund Direct- Growth Nippon India Growth Fund Direct- Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
Equity Mid Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 22 May
₹ 918.92 by -5.39 ( -0.58%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme aims at long term growth of capital through research based investment approach. The funds will be invested in Equity and equity related instruments,and there will be an exposure to debt and money market instruments also.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
HDFC Mid-Cap Opportunities Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Growth Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
Franklin India Prima Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Mid Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
DSP Midcap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
UTI Mid Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Magnum Mid Cap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Kotak Emerging Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
L&T Midcap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Mid Cap Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Tea & Coffee||3.29|
|Drugs & Pharma||2.66|
|Drugs & Pharma||2.35|
|Tyres & Tubes||2.3|
|Cosmetics & Toiletries||2.17|
|Fund House||Reliance Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Tejas Sheth|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||Reliance Centre, 7th Floor, South Wing Off Western Express Highway Santacruz (East)|
|Contact||(022) 33031000 / 1800 300 11111|
About Nippon India Growth Fund
Previously known as Reliance Growth Fund, Nippon India Growth Fund is an open-ended mutual fund scheme that primarily invests in equity securities of emerging companies that offer high growth opportunities. Most of these firms don’t offer any dividend payout as the proceeds are reinvest for further business development.
The fund, since its inception in October 1995, has grown over 83 times owing to its excellent investment philosophy and proficient stock selection.
Manish Gunwani, the fund manager of Nippon India Growth Fund, believes in investing in a mix of market leaders and emerging leaders. This helps in capturing the positives of both, with the former delivering risk-free returns and latter giving a jump to the annualized returns.
Also Read: Growth Funds in India
Who Should Invest in Nippon India Growth Fund?
- Investors with high risk appetite should opt for this fund as the underlying securities are highly prone to market volatility. However, it should be noted that there is zero dividend payout to investors in growth funds.
- Investors with a long investment horizon ranging from 5-10 years, with no retirement plan in the near future can invest in Nippon India Growth Fund, since in the short term, the underlying securities carry high market risk.The high-risk, high-return mantra works well in the long run, as the highs and lows of financial markets stabilize over a long time frame.
- Even though the fund’s investment portfolio is largely skewed towards midcap firms, it is well diversified in terms of sectoral allocation, which mitigates market risk upto a certain extent.
- If you’re a risk averse investor, it is advisable to opt for large cap funds such as Axis Bluechip Fund or ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund which carry less risk.
Will You Pay Tax?
If you withdraw or redeem the units before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Whereas, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above ₹1 lakh will be taxed at 10% after completion of 1 year of investment.
For instance, an investor has made a capital gain of ₹40000 on investment in Nippon India Growth Fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹6000.
Also, if the investor has made a capital gain of ₹2 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹1 lakh. Residual ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹10,000.
How to Invest in Nippon India Growth Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Mid Cap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Nippon India Growth Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use Returns Calculator to calculate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Also Read: How is SIP return calculated?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Q. What is the entry load for the fund ?
A. There is no applicable entry load on the aforementioned fund.
Q. What is the exit load for this fund’s Direct Growth Plan?
A. If an investor redeems the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. Which is the better mode of investment for Nippon India Growth Fund, SIP or Lump-sum investment?
A. Since the aforementioned fund is an equity fund, it is advisable to invest via Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) to average out the cost of units purchased. SIPs effectively counter the risk arising out of market fluctuations.
Q. What is the suggested investment horizon for this fund?
A. As the underlying equity investment of this fund is sensitive to market fluctuations, it is advisable to stay invested for at least 6 years, for significant capital appreciation.