Nippon India Balanced Advantage Fund Direct-Growth Nippon India Balanced Advantage Fund Direct-Growth Nippon India Balanced Advantage Fund Direct-Growth Nippon India Balanced Advantage Fund Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
Hybrid Dynamic Asset Allocation
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 25 Sep
₹ 98.04 by 1.21 ( 1.25%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to capitalize on the potential upside in equity markets while attempting to limit the downside by dynamically managing the portfolio through investment in equity & equity related instruments and active use of debt, money market instruments and derivatives.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
ICICI Prudential Balanced Advantage Direct-GrowthHybrid
Aditya Birla Sun Life Balanced Advantage Fund Direct-GrowthHybrid
Kotak Balanced Advantage Fund Direct - GrowthHybrid
Axis Dynamic Equity Fund Direct - GrowthHybrid
Motilal Oswal Dynamic Fund Direct-GrowthHybrid
HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund Direct Plan-GrowthHybrid
Invesco India Dynamic Equity Fund Direct-GrowthHybrid
Franklin India Dynamic Asset Allocation Fund of Funds Direct-GrowthHybrid
IDFC Dynamic Equity Fund Direct-GrowthHybrid
DSP Dynamic Asset Allocation Fund Direct-GrowthHybrid
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||5.75|
|Soaps & Detergents||4.19|
|Fund House||Reliance Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Ashutosh Bhargava|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||Reliance Centre, 7th Floor, South Wing Off Western Express Highway Santacruz (East)|
|Contact||(022) 33031000 / 1800 300 11111|
About Nippon India Balanced Advantage Fund
Nippon India Balanced Advantage Fund is a balanced hybrid fund where the fund corpus is invested in equities as well as debt instruments in order to keep a balance between risks and returns. The investment objective of the scheme is to capitalize on the potential upside in equity markets while attempting to limit the downside by dynamically managing the portfolio through investment in equity & equity related instruments and active use of debt, money market instruments and derivatives.
The fund follows an in-house proprietary Model (which follows Valuations & Trend Following) to determine unhedged equity allocation and maintains a large cap oriented portfolio diversified across sectors. Debt portfolio is managed conservatively, focused at the shorter end through investment in a combination of liquid and short term fixed income securities.
Who Should Invest?
- If you want to earn returns from mutual funds but also want to stay guarded against market volatility, then this fund could be for you. Stocks help in wealth creation while debt instruments act as a security against unfavourable market times
- If you are looking for a dynamic portfolio, for its calculated investments in both equity and debt securities at a balanced ratio
- If you are ready to invest for a long tenure of 3-5 years, as the fund invests in companies with high growth potential that may give good returns in the long run in the bull market
- Assuming you are going to be invested for a longer term, the SIP route of investment will help you reap the benefits of the power of compounding and rupee cost averaging. (The fund does allow lump sum investments as well)
There could be chances of underperformance in a bear market, stocks may not give expected returns and similarly debt securities as well may not give much profits. There are certain risks and is suitable for an investor with moderate high risk tolerance.
Read About: Advantages of Balanced Funds
Will You Pay Tax?
If you withdraw or redeem the units before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Whereas, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above ₹1 lakh will be taxed at 10% after completion of 1 year of investment.
Let’s say, an individual has ₹2 lakh disposable taxable income in a given financial year, and s/he decides to invest the amount in ELSS. ₹1.5 lakh out of this amount would be exempted from any taxation.₹50,000 would be taxed as per the income tax slab of the investor.
It should be noted that the investment in ELSS remains locked-in for 3 years.
The returns from ELSS are taxed like that from any other equity mutual fund scheme. However, since the units can’t be redeemed before 3 years of investment, only Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% above ₹1 lakh will be levied.
Suppose an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in Nippon India Balanced Advantage Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Browse by AMCs’
- Click on the section of Nippon India Asset Management Company Ltd.
- Scroll or type and search directly by the name of the ICICI Prudential Balanced Advantage Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Why Should You Choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Should you invest in Nippon Balanced Advantage Fund?
A. If you can tolerate moderate high risks, can stay invested for a span of 3-5 years, want a diverse portfolio and looking for a fund that generates returns as well as assures safety from market risks to an extent, then you can consider investing in this fund.
Q. What is a Balanced Fund?
A. A Balanced or a Hybrid Fund is the one that invests in more than one asset as equity, debt, gold and such others at a certain percentage ratio defined by SEBI. It can be further classified on the basis of higher percentage of investment in any particular asset class.
Read About: Types of Hybrid Funds
Q. Is it beneficial to invest via open-ended (lumpsum) or SIP?
A. SIP (Systematic Investment Plan) is considered efficient and convenient mode of investment that is beneficial in the long term investment. It also reduces financial burden as one needs to invest periodically and provides the benefit of rupee averaging cost.
Q. What is the entry load for this fund?
A. There is no applicable entry load on the aforementioned fund.
Q. What is the exit load for this scheme?
A. If an investor redeems the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
What is the fund manager’s style of investment?
A. Nippon India Balanced Advantage Fund is jointly managed by Mr. Manish Gunwani and Mr. Ashutosh Bhargava. They work out on a model based Dynamic Asset Allocation Fund that aims to offer Triple Benefits of 1) Emotion Free Asset Allocation through Model Based Asset Allocation 2) Lowers downside risk through hedging and 3) Long Term Alpha – through Active Stock selection and Sector.