Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund Direct-Growth Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund Direct-Growth Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund Direct-Growth Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 1000 1
PB Recommended Equity Multi Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 25 Sep
₹ 26.26 by 0.52 ( 2.02%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The Scheme seeks to achieve long term capital appreciation by primarily investing in a maximum of 35 equity & equity related instruments across sectors and market-capitalization levels.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
HDFC Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Kotak Standard Multicap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Multi Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Focused Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
IDFC Multi Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
UTI Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Magnum MultiCap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||9.44|
|Cars & Multi Utility Vehicles||5.48|
|Gems & Jewellery||4.66|
|Two & Three Wheelers||4.47|
|Fund House||Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Herin Visaria|
|Fund Setup Date||07 Apr 2014|
|Address||Motilal Oswal Towers - 10th Floor, Rahimtullah Sayani Road, Opposite Parel ST Depot, Prabhadevi,|
|Contact||022- 39804238, 1800-200-6626|
About Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund
Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Mutual Fund is an open ended scheme that invests in large cap, mid cap and small cap stocks. Benchmarked against NIFTY 500 TRI, the scheme follows a focused strategy, investing 80% of its assets in large caps. The fund has an investment objective of achieving long term capital appreciation by investing in a maximum of 35 equity and equity related instruments across sectors and market capitalization levels.
Mr. Akash Singhania currently manages the fund. A CA and CS by profession, Mr. Singhania holds a degree in B.Com Honors and PGDBM from IIM Lucknow. Before joining this fund, Mr. Akash Singhania was associated with PGIM India as Fund Manager, and ICICI Prudential Asset Management Co. Ltd. as Research Analyst.
Who Should Invest?
- Investors who are looking to invest for at least 5 years in exchange for higher returns. Following its historical returns, the fund has consistently beaten its benchmark since its inception in April 2014. Hence, better returns in this fund demand a longer investment horizon
- Given the risk involved, investors willing to invest in this fund should be ready for the possibility of moderate losses in their investments. Alternatively, if you are not willing to accept risk with your investments, you must consider investing in large-cap funds such as Axis Bluechip Fund or SBI Bluechip Fund
- Recording a beta of 0.88%, the fund performed better than the market even in its worst period. Hence, it is considered suitable for investors who wish to create wealth over a long period of time (5 to 7 years)
- It must be noted that an exit load of 1% is charged on the fund if the units are redeemed on or before 15 days of allotment. However, the investors can withdraw upto 12% of original investment cost within 1 year with no exit load. In case the amount withdrawn is beyond 12%, then the exit load to be paid is 1%
Read More: How to Exit and Redeem Mutual Fund Units?
Taxation- How will they be taxed?
The returns generated from investments made in this fund will be eligible for Short Term Capital Gains Tax at 15% if redeemed before a year. However, after 1 year, you will be liable to pay Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% on returns of more than Rs. 1 lakh in a financial year.
For an example-
If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹80000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹12000.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹2 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹1lakh. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹10,000.
How to Invest in Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign in to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Equity Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork. Only direct plans, no regular ones
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, Assets Under Management (AUM), etc. are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Q. What are multi cap funds?
A. Multi cap funds are diversified mutual funds that invest in stocks across market capitalization.The portfolio of these funds have large cap, mid cap and small cap stocks.
Q. Does Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund come under Section 80C or offers tax benefits?
A. No, this fund does not offer any tax benefits under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
Q. What is Exit Load? Is there any Exit load of Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund?
A. Exit Load is the fee charged from an investor when he decides to quit the scheme and redeem his money. Generally, there is some penalty charged only if funds are redeemed in less than 365 days, otherwise there are usually no charges. The fund has an exit load of 1% if the units are redeemed on or before 15 days of allotment.
Q. What is Expense Ratio? Is there any Expense Ratio of Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund?
A. It is the fee charged from the investor for managing his fund money and allocating it to the stocks that can help him earn returns. The fund has an expense ratio of 0.96%.
Q. What is the lock-in period of Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund?
A. There is no lock-in period for the scheme.