L&T India Value Fund Direct-Growth
Equity Value Oriented
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 25 Nov
₹ 37.84 by 0.36 ( 0.96%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The Scheme seeks to generate long term capital appreciation from a diversified portfolio of predominantly equity and equity related securities, in the Indian markets with higher focus on undervalued securities. It could also additionally invest in Foreign Securities in international markets.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Direct-GrowthEquity
L&T India Value Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
UTI Value Opportunities Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Pure Value Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Tata Equity PE Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Value Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
IDFC Sterling Value Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
SBI Contra Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Invesco India Contra Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||7.36|
|Fund House||L&T Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Alok Ranjan|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||Brindavan Plot No. 177, CST Road Kalina, Santacruz (East)|
|Contact||022-66554000, 1800 2000 400|
What are Value Oriented Equity Funds?
A value oriented fund follows a value investment strategy while selecting equity securities for investment. The strategy essentially involves buying value stocks that have a long term growth potential at an undervalued price. The idea is to substantially appreciate the invested capital when these equity stocks finally realise their intrinsic worth.
Also Read: Best Value Funds for Investment
About L&T India Value Fund
It is an open-ended equity scheme that aims to generate returns by employing value investment strategy for selecting equity stocks for investment. It predominantly focuses on undervalued securities in the Indian capital markets. However, some portion of the total assets under management has been invested in foreign securities.
Mr. Venugopal Manghat, the fund manager of L&T India Value Fund has been managing the fund from the past 7 years and with his proficient stock selection, the fund has delivered exponential returns. He thoroughly researches and analyzes the emerging companies and then chooses the right stock with high growth potential for investing.
The value investment strategy involves buying “good stocks at cheap valuations”, after thorough research and analysis of the financial market and various companies. These firms are expected to grow exponentially in the future. The underlying idea is that these firms are undervalued either due to change in economic cycle or short-term problems afflicting the business.
What You Could Gain?
- Globally, value investment strategy has been recognised as one of the most successful equity investment strategies as it delivers quality returns across different market cycles.
- The fund has invested in equity stocks of firms that have the potential to deliver outsized gains in the future, however, these stocks might take years before reaching their maximum potential.
- To mitigate market risk arising out of investing only in emerging firms, the fund has also allocated substantial assets to large cap companies which gives stability to investment portfolio. Thus, the overall risk of the portfolio gets significantly reduced.
- It diversifies the investment portfolio of investors who have a bunch of growth-stocks as a part of their portfolio. This diversification in investment style adds value to the final capital gains made by an investor.
What You Could Lose?
- There is a fair chance that the bets placed on undervalued stocks might not turn out as per the wishes of the fund manager. There is a possibility that these stocks might not perform well even in the long run. This is known as a ‘value trap’.
- Sometimes, for an equity stock to realise its full value might take a lot of time. This means that the investors may have to wait for years before making profits on their investment. If you have a short term investment horizon, it is better to look for other investment avenues.
Who Should Invest in L&T India Value Fund?
- Individuals who have a decent knowledge of value investment strategy, and could understand its fundamentals, should opt for this fund, as it is quite difficult to comprehend the fund manager’s stock selection if one is not acquainted with the strategy.
- It is recommended to invest via Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) in this fund, as it aims to deliver returns over a full market cycle and takes a long-term investment horizon into consideration. For long term, SIP is better than lumpsum investment as the former averages out the cost of units bought, and one tends to invest in a disciplined manner via SIP.
How to Invest in this Fund Online?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Equity Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Value Oriented Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of L&T India Value Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Q. What is the entry load for this fund?
A. There is no applicable entry load on the aforementioned fund.
Q. What is the exit load for the fund?
A. If an investor redeems the 10% of purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, there is no exit load levied. If more than 10% of investment are redeemed, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. What is the suggested investment horizon for L&T India Value Fund?
A. As the underlying equity investment of this fund takes 4-5 years to deliver significant returns , it is advisable to stay invested for at least 7 years, for substantial capital appreciation.
Q. How are returns from this fund taxed?
A. If returns are withdrawn before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains (STCG) Tax of 15% is levied. Long Term Capital Gains (LTCG) Tax above capital gains of ₹1 lakh is levied on returns withdrawn after 1 year of investment.
Q. Which is the better mode of investment for L&T India Value Fund, SIP or Lump-sum investment?
A. Since the aforementioned fund is an equity fund, it is advisable to invest via Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) to average out the cost of units purchased. SIPs effectively counter the risk arising out of market fluctuations.