L&T Emerging Businesses Fund Direct-Growth L&T Emerging Businesses Fund Direct-Growth L&T Emerging Businesses Fund Direct-Growth L&T Emerging Businesses Fund Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
PB Recommended Equity Small Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 03 Feb
₹ 22.77 by 0.53 ( 2.04%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The Scheme will primarily be a diversified equity fund which will invest predominantly in small cap stocks to generate long term capital appreciation.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Franklin India Smaller Companies Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
DSP Small Cap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
L&T Emerging Businesses Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Kotak Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HSBC Small Cap Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Cotton & Blended Yarn||3.22|
|Cotton & Blended Yarn||2.96|
|Cotton & Blended Yarn||2.96|
|Drugs & Pharma||2.7|
|Fund House||L&T Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Alok Ranjan|
|Fund Setup Date||22 Apr 2014|
|Address||Brindavan Plot No. 177, CST Road Kalina, Santacruz (East)|
|Contact||022-66554000, 1800 2000 400|
About L&T Emerging Businesses Fund
This is an open-ended equity fund which, to a great degree, invests in small-cap stocks. The intent of this Mutual Fund is to generate capital appreciation by employing a diversified portfolio of equity, equity related securities including equity derivatives.
L&T Emerging Businesses Fund has allocated 65% of the total assets into small-cap stocks and the remaining assets are allocated into Mid-Cap and Large Cap stocks. There are 83 total number of stocks with Construction, Engineering, Services and Finance being the leading sectors of asset allocation. Its top three holdings are Mahanagar Gas, VST Industries, Sanofi India Ltd. and Sobha Ltd.
If you want to invest into newly emerging companies with a solid business plan, you can opt for this fund. But, it is advised that you must keep the resources invested for 7 years or more in order to generate best returns. Moreover, this Mutual Fund has consistently outperformed its benchmark as well as the category over the last 5 years
Who Should Invest in L&T Emerging Businesses Fund?
- If you are comfortable with high market risks, you can definitely invest in this fund
- Investing into smaller companies enhances the quantity and quality of returns. The predominance of equity investments leads to satisfactory returns as a result of a steady business module
- If there is any chance that you would want to redeem your mutual fund units before completion of at least 7 years, this is not a suitable fund for you
- Since there is a high risk involved in this fund, there is no guarantee that the goal will be achieved. Also, there are chances of loss of capital in this Mutual Fund. Alternatively, you can opt for large cap equity funds such as Axis Bluechip fund or ICICI Prudential Bluechip fund to get higher returns by indulging into minimal risks
Also Read: Best Mutual Funds for a College Student
Will You Pay Tax?
If you withdraw or redeem the units before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Whereas, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above ₹1 lakh will be taxed at 10% after completion of 1 year of investment.
For example: If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. And, the payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in L&T Emerging Businesses Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Small Cap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of L&T Emerging Businesses Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use Mutual Fund Returns Calculator
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Why You Should Choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1: Is there any entry load for L&T Emerging Businesses Fund?
Ans: No, there is no entry load for investments in the L&T Emerging Businesses Fund.
Q.2: What is the lock-in period for investment in L&T Emerging Businesses Fund?
Ans: No, there is no lock-in period. Investors can redeem their investment as per the requirements.
Q.3: How should I make investments, via SIP or Lump Sum?
Ans: It is advisable to invest in the fund via the SIP mode in order to offset short-term risks from market fluctuations, gain advantages from the power of compounding and rupee cost averaging
Q.4: What is the minimum initial application amount for L&T Emerging Businesses Fund?
Ans: Rs.5000 is the minimum initial application amount.
Q.5: How are returns from L&T Emerging Businesses Funds Taxed?
Ans: In case of redemption of returns before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is imposed. On the other hand, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above capital gains of ₹1 lakh is imposed on returns withdrawn after 1 year of investment.
Q.6: What is the exit load for L&T Emerging Businesses Fund?
Ans: For the units redeemed within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. And no exit load is charged if units are redeemed after 1 year of allotment of units.
Q.7: Who manages this fund? What is the investment strategy?
Ans: L&T Emerging Businesses Fund is managed by Mr.Soumendra Nath Lahiri (Since 2014) and Mr. Alok Ranjan. Mr. Lahiri has more than 15 years of experience in fund management and has been at the helm of the portfolio for more than 10 funds since 2012. Their active participation in the management of portfolio, appropriate stock selection, sound knowledge of market decisions has led to high growth and substantial returns from the fund.