Kotak Standard Multicap Fund Direct-Growth Kotak Standard Multicap Fund Direct-Growth Kotak Standard Multicap Fund Direct-Growth Kotak Standard Multicap Fund Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
PB Recommended Equity Multi Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 03 Apr
₹ 27.35 by -0.65 ( -2.31%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to generate longterm capital appreciation from a portfolio of equity and equity related securities, generally focused on a few selected sectors.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
HDFC Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Kotak Standard Multicap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Multi Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Focused Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
IDFC Multi Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
UTI Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Magnum MultiCap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||6.09|
|Fund House||Kotak Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Harsha Upadhyaya|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||27 BKC, C-27, G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (E)|
About Kotak Standard Multicap Fund
Formerly known as the Kotak Select Focus Fund, Kotak Standard Multicap Fund is an open-ended mutual fund scheme that invests across equity securities of companies with diverse market capitalization. It is one of the most popular mutual fund schemes by Kotak Asset Management Company.
Because of the flexible nature of the fund, the manager can change the asset allocation as per the market conditions. If the market is performing well, some of the assets can be invested in mid-cap and small-cap firms, whereas during a bear market, the portfolio can be concentrated to large-cap firms to extenuate the market volatility
The top holdings of the fund include Reliance Industries, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Larsen & Toubro, etc. With majority of the asset allocation in financial services sector, the fund aims to take advantage of the expected future growth of the sector.
Who Should Invest in Kotak Standard Multicap Fund?
- The investment portfolio is largely skewed towards large-cap stocks which makes it relatively safe. Even during a market downturn, large-cap firms tend to be steady and deliver consistent returns. The fund has betted on cyclical as well as defensive sectors. This investment strategy is apt for investors with moderate risk appetite.
- Investors looking to capitalize on the changing market cycles and earn returns through the same should opt for this investment avenue. During different business cycles, the fund managers switch between firms across a range of market capitalization and generate significant returns via this strategy.
- There is a wide range of equity stocks to choose from in a multicap fund. It becomes extremely crucial for the fund manager to choose the right stock for investment. If incase, the market sentiment is not in line with the thought process, the returns of the fund can be negatively affected. Thus, if you’re looking for a fund with stable equity selection, it is advisable to opt for pure large-cap or mid-cap funds, such as, Axis Bluechip Fund or DSP Midcap Fund.
Will you pay tax?
If you withdraw or redeem the units before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Whereas, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above ₹1 lakh will be taxed at 10% after completion of 1 year of investment.
For instance, an investor has made a capital gain of ₹30000 on investment in Kotak Standard Multicap Fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹4500.
Also, if the investor has made a capital gain of ₹2 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹1 lakh. Residual ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹10,000.
How to Invest in this Fund Online?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Multi Cap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Kotak Standard Multicap Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use Returns Calculator to calculate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Q. What is the entry load for Kotak Standard Multicap Fund?
A. There is no applicable entry load for the aforementioned fund.
Q. What is the exit load for this fund?
A. If an investor redeems the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. Who is the fund manager of this fund? What investment strategy does he use?
A. Mr. Harsh Upadhyaya is managing the fund for the past 7 years and has been able to deliver exceptional returns throughout his tenure. He believes in placing his bets on equity securities that are going to perform well in the medium term and deliver substantial returns. The investment strategy is to create a diversified portfolio at a sectoral level as well. This helps in effectively mitigating market risk.
Q. Which is the better mode of investment for Kotak Standard Multicap Fund, SIP or Lump-sum investment?
A. Since the aforementioned fund is an equity fund, it is advisable to invest via Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) to average out the cost of units purchased. SIPs effectively counter the risk arising out of market fluctuations.
Q. What are the Best Multicap Funds to invest in 2020?
A. Here is a list of top performing Multicap Funds one can consider investing in 2019: