Invesco India Tax Plan Direct-Growth Invesco India Tax Plan Direct-Growth Invesco India Tax Plan Direct-Growth Invesco India Tax Plan Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 1000 1
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 27 Dec
₹ 62.93 by 0.62 ( -0.08%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme aims to generate long-term capital growth from a diversified portfolio of predominantly equity and equity-related securities. It intends to invest across market capitalisation sectors utilizing bottom up approach. It will aim to have concentrated well researched portfolio, which would be around 20 - 50 stocks.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Axis Long Term Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Taxsaver Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
SBI Long Term Equity Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief 96 Direct-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund (Tax Saving) Direct Plan - GrowthEquity
DSP Tax Saver Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Taxshield Direct-GrowthEquity
L&T Tax Advantage Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Diversified Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||8.1|
|Cosmetics & Toiletries||2.97|
|Cars & Multi Utility Vehicles||2.79|
|Fund House||Invesco Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Dhimant Kothari|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||2101 - A-A Wing - 21st Floor, Marathon Futurex, N.M. Joshi Marg, Lower Parel,|
|Contact||022-67310000 / 1800 209 0007|
About Invesco India Tax Plan
With the investment objective of generating long-term capital growth from a diversified portfolio of predominantly equity and equity related securities, Invesco India Tax Plan is an open-ended equity linked savings scheme. The fund has 96.67% of its investments in Indian stocks, out of which 61.99% is invested in large cap stocks, 17.61% in mid cap and the remaining 6.07% in small cap stocks.
The fund is managed keeping a long term perspective in consideration along with a balanced and well diversified portfolio offering a desirable exposure to mid cap stocks. If you decide to invest in this fund, you must consider that the scheme does not guarantee assured returns due to the prevailing market risks.
Who Should Invest?
- You are advised to invest in this fund only if you are ready to lock in your investments for a longer time duration. The suggested investment horizon is of a minimum of 5 years
- Since the fund is an equity linked savings scheme, Investments made in this fund will help you claim a tax deduction of upto Rs. 1.5 Lakh in a financial year under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act
- All equity funds are subject to market risks. Being an open-ended fund predominantly investing into equity, the fund has a moderately higher level of risk. Hence, you are suggested to invest in this fund if you have a tolerance to risk with your investments
- It is also suggested that you take a look at the CRISIL rating of the fund while making your investment decision, in order to get an idea about the overall performance of the fund over the years, based on its historical return data and portfolio attributes
- It must be noted that the fund demands a lock-in period of 3 years. Hence, you must consider investing in this only if you have a similar investment horizon or more
Taxation – How will they be taxed?
Investments made in Tata India Tax Savings Fund are eligible for a tax deduction of up to Rs. 1.5 lakh under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. The scheme also allows a 2-in-1 benefit of investing and tax deduction, along with greater diversification of risk control and a 360-degree research. Being an Equity Linked Savings Scheme, Tata India Tax Savings Fund has a lock-in period of 3 years, which is considered the lowest among all the tax saving alternatives/investment instruments in the country.
For an example –
Let’s say, an individual has ₹2 lakh disposable taxable income in a given financial year, and s/he decides to invest the amount in ELSS. ₹1.5 lakh out of this amount would be exempted from any taxation.₹50,000 would be taxed as per the income tax slab of the investor.
It should be noted that the investment in ELSS remains locked-in for 3 years.
The returns from ELSS are taxed like that from any other equity mutual fund scheme. However, since the units can’t be redeemed before 3 years of investment, only Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% above ₹1 lakh will be levied.
Suppose an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in Invesco India Tax Plan?
- Sign Up/Sign in to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘ELSS Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Invesco India Tax Plan Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork. Only direct plans, no regular ones
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, Assets Under Management (AUM), etc. are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Q. What are large cap funds?
A. Mutual funds that invest in stocks of companies with larger market capitalization are called large cap funds. These companies are usually the ones with a good track record and are known to be well established players in the market.
Q. Does this scheme come under Section 80C or offers tax benefits?
A. Yes, this fund is an Equity Linked Savings Scheme (ELSS) and hence, is eligible for tax exemption of upto Rs. 1.5 lakh in a financial year under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
Q. What is Exit Load? Does this particular scheme have an Exit Load?
A. Exit Load is the fee charged from an investor when he decides to quit the scheme and redeem his money. Generally, there is some penalty charged only if funds are redeemed in less than 365 days, otherwise there are usually no charges. No, this fund does not have an Exit Load.
Q. What is Expense Ratio? What is the Expense Ratio of this specific fund?
A. It is the fee charged from the investor for managing his fund money and allocating it to the stocks that can help him earn returns. The fund has an Expense Ratio of 2.23%.
Q. Is there a lock-in period for this scheme?
A. Being an Equity Linked Savings Scheme, there is a lock-in period of 3 years, the lowest lock-in among other investment cum tax-saving options.
Q. Who manages this fund?
A. The fund is currently being managed by two fund managers, namely Mr. Amit Ganatra and Mr. Dhimant Kothari.
Mr. Amit Ganatra has been managing this fund since 29 March 2018. Mr. Ganatra holds a degree in Commerce and is a professional Chartered Accountant. He is also a certified Chartered Financial Analyst from AIMR. Prior to working with Invesco India Tax Plan, Mr. Amit Ganatra worked with DBS Cholamandalam AMC Pvt. Ltd. and Fidelity.
Mr. Dhimant Kothari has also been managing the fund since 29 March 2018. He is a Chartered Accountant by profession and holds a degree in Commerce. He was previously working as a Senior Manager- Research with Credit Analysis and Research Ltd.