Invesco India Contra Fund Direct-Growth Invesco India Contra Fund Direct-Growth Invesco India Contra Fund Direct-Growth Invesco India Contra Fund Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
Equity Value Oriented
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 25 Sep
₹ 53.27 by 1.24 ( 2.38%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to generate capital appreciation by investing predominantly in Equity and Equity Related Instruments through contrarian investing.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Direct-GrowthEquity
L&T India Value Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
UTI Value Opportunities Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Pure Value Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Tata Equity PE Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Value Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
IDFC Sterling Value Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
SBI Contra Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Invesco India Contra Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||9.96|
|Drugs & Pharma||3.19|
|Fund House||Invesco Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Dhimant Kothari|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||2101 - A-A Wing - 21st Floor, Marathon Futurex, N.M. Joshi Marg, Lower Parel,|
|Contact||022-67310000 / 1800 209 0007|
About Invesco India Contra Fund
Invesco India Contra Fund invests predominantly in equities and equity-related instruments through contrarian investments. Value or contrarian style of investing involves picking up beaten down, priced lower than worth and underperforming stocks, and betting money on it that it will come to value realisation and give high returns to the investors. This Equity Fund invests in fundamentally sound companies that are in turn around phase and available at attractive valuations (undervalued) with potential to rise in future.
Read More: What are Contra Funds
Who should Invest
- If you are ready to invest for long term then only you should invest in Invesco India Contra Fund, as undervalued stocks will take time to realise its value in the market and generate returns
- If you are seeking wealth generation as this fund has the potential to beat the inflation rates and also the fixed income options, then you may invest in this
- It is for investors with high risk tolerance as undervalued stocks can show negative returns and one must have patience to go through ups and downs in the portfolio
- It is not recommended for new investors to invest in this, you may go for Large Cap Equity Funds that invests in Blue Chip stocks or Multi Cap Funds that invest throughout all market capitalizations
As a Contra Fund, the undervalued stocks are highly affected by market volatility. If market trends go downwards, it may remain underpriced. In case these stocks fail to perform in a bull market then the portfolio may contain negative returns. It highly depends on the prudence of fund managers and choice of shares that decide the performance of Invesco India Contra Funds.
Will You Pay Tax
If you withdraw or redeem the units before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Whereas, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above ₹1 lakh will be taxed at 10% after completion of 1 year of investment.
Suppose an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50,000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
This is as per the taxation regulations of Equity Funds as laid down by SEBI.
How to invest in the Invesco India Contra Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Browse by AMCs’
- Click on the section of Invesco Asset Management Company Ltd.
- Scroll or type and search directly by the name of the Invesco India Contra Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Why choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), Expense Ratio, Assets Under Management (AUM), etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Should you invest in Invesco India Contra Fund?
Ans. Not if you are a first time investor, but if you have a little understanding of the market then you may. Also, if you are ready to take moderate high risks and invest for at least 5 years.
Q. Is it beneficial to invest via open-ended (lumpsum) or SIP?
Ans. SIP (Systematic Investment Plan) is considered an efficient and convenient mode of investment that is beneficial in the long term investment. It also reduces financial burden as one needs to invest periodically and provides the benefit of rupee cost averaging.
Q. What is the entry load for this fund?
Ans. There is no applicable entry load on the aforementioned fund.
Q. What is the exit load for this scheme?
Ans. If an investor redeems the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. Is there any lock-in period for investment in this scheme?
Ans. No. Investors can redeem their investment as per their wish and needs.
Q. What is the fund manager’s style of investment?
Ans. Taher Badshah and Amit Ganatra co-jointly manage this fund and take special measures to identify the right kind of stocks that may be undervalued but have the competitiveness to rise and give high returns to the investors.